PC1 Is Project Cars realistic?

I think it's you that is oblivious to how cars handle in RL and are just one of those sim hero's brainwashed by GPL!:roflmao:

I've never played gpl, i started sim racing in 2008/09.
I used to own and thrash numerous Australian muscle cars, including a 1974 SLR TORANA with a 330cid stroker engine, and when that hand granaded, i installed a Ron Richards 308, richards had worked with Dick Johnson and built some of his engines, so he knew his way around V8s.

I

pCARS is totally realistic...unfortunately real life is often to ARCADE.

Not directed at you ONT
Well IMO when you talk about realism and people consider sim to be focused on realism and arcade more fantasy based. I think the grip levels in pCARS are quite realistic and the lack of grip levels in some of the other sims unrealistic so would not they be more arcade? The sim race community has created a belief on what grip should be in a Sim and I could put it to the test and prove that it's inaccurate. It's so obvious at times that some games lack realistic grip it's rediculous but it's the most Hardcore sim on the market. Bottom line if you like titles that have unrealistic grip that's fine but don't call the titles that do have realistic grip arcade and stop drinking the hardcore Koolaid you have become drunk from it.

I've never played gpl, i started sim racing in 2008/09.
I used to own and thrash numerous Australian muscle cars, including a 1974 SLR TORANA with a 330cid stroker engine, and when that hand granaded, i installed a Ron Richards 308, richards had worked with Dick Johnson and built some of his engines, so he knew his way around V8s.

I

I had a 1967 Firebird with a 400 RAM Air built for quarter mile racing but that's going fast in a straight line. I use to have an Olds Starfire(Olds version of Chevy Monza) and a Toyota Corona that I raced on backwoods trails and those trails had more grip then some of your so called sims.
Edit: Let me rephrase that I'll exchange grip for car control

I think it has to do with once you lose grip it should be progressive in a way or not losing 100% grip all at once in many situations. Also once you lose grip in many cases it's fairly easy to correct the situation or to still have some control over the car once it does lose traction.

Last edited:
Agree with hardcore sims going the other side of realistic grip, but from conversations with some of the more knowledgeable hardcore simmers I've spoken to in the past, they are fully aware of this, and actually seek it out as it gives them more of a challenge as they've spent years and years doing the same cars and tracks. None of them argued it was more realistic, they just liked the hardcore aspect.

Pcars imo is realistic for certain cars, but probably not for the majority, thankfully, it's the cars I drive most that seem to land in the realistic realm - take the Clio's, I rank PCars Clio's as amongst the most realistic in any sim ever.
The Clios in Rf2 while great fun and challenging, do have way too much lateral slip, it's bonkers, they're tiny lightweight cars with massive sticky tires.
I've followed Clio racing for years, seen them at almost every track they race in the BTCC series and never once seen one floating as far sideways as they seem to do in RF2 after cornering.
Does that mean though that I think Rf2 is rubbish and I'm going to run around screaming about simcade and other nonsense? No, not at all. It's a great title, and I don't think the Clios are it's strongest cars (even though they are now on the CPM), I think it's historics where that amount of slip makes sense and where RF2 shines.

Same with PCars then. Some cars are brilliant, and some are pretty rubbish.
But then the same applies to every sim out there.
Bores me when someone picks one car in PCars and judges the entire game on one cars handling.
We can all find weaknesses in every sim on the market.

So does that mean we have NO "realistic" sims?
Yes, if by that you mean ALL cars are 100% realistic, then Yes, we have no "realistic" sims.
But when PCars has certain cars that are better than other sims in certain areas, then it has fully earned it's place at the table regardless of history or beefs that pre-date the Title.

Agree with hardcore sims going the other side of realistic grip, but from conversations with some of the more knowledgeable hardcore simmers I've spoken to in the past, they are fully aware of this, and actually seek it out as it gives them more of a challenge as they've spent years and years doing the same cars and tracks. None of them argued it was more realistic, they just liked the hardcore aspect.

Pcars imo is realistic for certain cars, but probably not for the majority, thankfully, it's the cars I drive most that seem to land in the realistic realm - take the Clio's, I rank PCars Clio's as amongst the most realistic in any sim ever.
The Clios in Rf2 while great fun and challenging, do have way too much lateral slip, it's bonkers, they're tiny lightweight cars with massive sticky tires.
I've followed Clio racing for years, seen them at almost every track they race in the BTCC series and never once seen one floating as far sideways as they seem to do in RF2 after cornering.
Does that mean though that I think Rf2 is rubbish and I'm going to run around screaming about simcade and other nonsense? No, not at all. It's a great title, and I don't think the Clios are it's strongest cars (even though they are now on the CPM), I think it's historics where that amount of slip makes sense and where RF2 shines.

Same with PCars then. Some cars are brilliant, and some are pretty rubbish.
But then the same applies to every sim out there.
Bores me when someone picks one car in PCars and judges the entire game on one cars handling.
We can all find weaknesses in every sim on the market.

So does that mean we have NO "realistic" sims?
Yes, if by that you mean ALL cars are 100% realistic, then Yes, we have no "realistic" sims.
But when PCars has certain cars that are better than other sims in certain areas, then it has fully earned it's place at the table regardless of history or beefs that pre-date the Title.

At one point I felt pCARS needed to find more consistency from one car to the next and I think they have done that and better yet the handling now FTMP makes sense to me reducing the # of WTF moments we encounter in the different sims available. As for the people who like the Hardcore Sims me included but my interests don't stop there why should I care what they like and enjoy until they go out of there way to knock something I am enjoying. They seem to be only interested in proving a point to a part of the community that has no interest in hearing it and then since they defend the product they refer to them as FANBOYS(moderators if you don't stop this types of insults your not doing your job) and the posts remain but when a WMD members turns around and refers to the people who are doing it as trolls we are in the wrong and our posts get removed. It's a double standard. I donated money to this site not to be treated like a chump. If they want me to leave give me my money back and I'll be gone except from the Reiza 51 area in which I gave them a hundred bucks.

Ah. I was worried this was gonna happen. In which case, a mod can go ahead and close this, I think I got what I wanted to see from the poll results
The Mods want to corner the popcorn sales market thus it stays open.

Are you the person that created the poll and this thread? Did you not think that it would put people against each other. Just think of me like Rodney King but some of the stuff posted is quite disrespectful and no I won't let that slide even if the moderators do since the site itself is partially anti Ian Bell.

At the time, no I didn't. But no, I will not start another thread of this ilk. And who the bloody hell is Rodney King???

At the time, no I didn't. But no, I will not start another thread of this ilk. And who the bloody hell is Rodney King???

Don't worry about it Dan. This guy thrives on confrontation and lives to drag arguments out of any subject that has anything remotely to do with Pcars. He'd argue with you about the time of day and the colour of the sky. Hopefully one day he'll join us in the Pcars club for some simcadian racing.:D
PS; I think Rodney King was a Pcars investor or something. ;) :whistling:

Don't worry about it Dan. This guy thrives on confrontation and lives to drag arguments out of any subject that has anything remotely to do with Pcars. He'd argue with you about the time of day and the colour of the sky. Hopefully one day he'll join us in the Pcars club for some simcadian racing.:D
PS; I think Rodney King was a Pcars investor or something. ;) :whistling:

Your wrong dude I am addressing disrespectful posts toward the pCARS community and SMS as a whole and have done it referring to other titles as well so don't think it's singled out to materials relating to pCARS it's focused on individuals with little disregard for others in the community. I did not start this remember that or am I dealing with people with selective memory?

Rodney King is the guy that got a beating from 7 LA cops and riots followed and to settle the situation Rodney King made the quote can't we all just get along? but that means mutual respect and until we have it you can expect me to be the way I am.

I think it has to do with once you lose grip it should be progressive in a way or not losing 100% grip all at once in many situations. Also once you lose grip in many cases it's fairly easy to correct the situation or to still have some control over the car once it does lose traction.

Yep, sounds about right, however i consider SCE and the best cars in GTR EVO as better examples of realism.
Pcars is arcade off track, has shitty brake modelling, had dodgy weight transfer etc, etc, so I'm happy to call it simcade, but i can't accept such limitations.

• Deleted member 113561

Yep, sounds about right, however i consider SCE and the best cars in GTR EVO as better examples of realism.
Pcars is arcade off track, has shitty brake modelling, had dodgy weight transfer etc, etc, so I'm happy to call it simcade, but i can't accept such limitations.
Deadly wrong:
Brake modelling is spot on, if you setup FFB properly it has the best weigh transfer. It is more realistic off track than rfactor 2 - im happy to call it a pure sim ...

Simcadian is a word now, what's next? Rfactor 3 now with 120% realistic physics made by sim racers who haven't driven a real car before. Just chill out with the this sim is realistic or that sim is simcade because comparing a sim to another sim is just rediculous, compare them all to reality then realize that all racing sim's are innaccurate at simulating physics so at the end of the day just play them all and stop. The simracing community is just a bunch of toxic fanboy's who cannot take there favorite sim being scrutinized. All sim's are all arcade crap compared to reality so it's best to wait until a true sim appears.

Except you could have done without the labeling of the community. Calling people Fanboy's is disrespectful and if done in person may cause a fight. It's things like this is what I am trying to combat more then the wrong opinions some people may have. Anyway the rest of your post quite accurate. :)

I am okay with the fact you think SCE is the best. I gave them a hundred bucks to help their efforts and got into a verbal confrontation with Patrik Marek @VR for downplaying their works and referring to them as just modders. So no I don't single it out to any one title. I go after people being disrespectful of others and that has probably made me reply in a disrespectful way fairly often. I give what you give right back at you and then some probably. If you look around I did not disrespect Dan Allen because he was not disrespectful he just was unaware(giving benefit of doubt) that a poll and thread of this nature would blow out of proportion and is only fueling the fire. You on the other hand have an agenda and have declared war on the pCARS community. You are the type that most likely posts more in this thread then the threads of titles you like. You have some major character defects to work out that probably don't exist when your not online. The only way to help you get over it would be to ban you from the pCARS forum itself because after 4 years you seem pretty stuck like Chuck up in here. :O_o:

All trolls claim utter innocence when called out on it.

"But I only went on the Jewish forum to tell them how great I thought Hitler was and they were all mean to me!"

And yes we have finally invoked Godwins.

This thread has now become Rutger Hauer at the end of Bladerunner.

"Time to die"
2weyyia.gif

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 429 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 267 43.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 286 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.1%
Back