PC1 Is Project Cars realistic?

I love it as it gives you most of the sounds of a race car and to me the illusion of driving one, but no game could come close as you don't get the feeling of turning (g forces) that you do in a real car.

I love it as it gives you most of the sounds of a race car and to me the illusion of driving one, but no game could come close as you don't get the feeling of turning (g forces) that you do in a real car.

Very true, but I was wondering how people compared it to the likes of AC, iRacing, GSCE, rF etc :)

How many of these threads does there need to be?
There's a million and one reviews/videos watch a few and make your own decision.
What I like, you might not and vise versa.
There's not one perfect game out there, they all have strengths and weaknesses

I enjoy project cars, it is a strange one though the cars behave in a believable way but the fact you don't really need to tinker with setups would suggest it is not simulation orientated.

I voted simcade. I think it's reasonably realistic, I don't really care if they simulate every physical factor of the car. The cars handle believable enough. But the graphics and rain effects are just so damn good, makes up for the missing immersion tenfold.

Few of us are qualified to judge. Rene Rast is far better placed than most. He has experience of simracing, professional simulators and the real thing. After being dissasitsfied with rFactor and iRacing, he tried pCARs during its development, was impressed and joined WMD.

Few of us are qualified to judge. Rene Rast is far better placed than most. He has experience of simracing, professional simulators and the real thing. After being dissasitsfied with rFactor and iRacing, he tried pCARs during its development, was impressed and joined WMD.

Wonder how much they paid him for his work? ;)

Rene Rast wasn't paid a penny from the articles i read.

My 1st race arcade game was "Pole Position" from "1982" and i continued to race over the years to the present day sims and simcades. In my humble opinion while racing "some" of the car classes in Pcars is decently believable and only rFactor 2 wins in the departments of physics and FFB believability. Plus, rF2's AI or IA are second to none as the very best in present day sims!

PS. Dan Allen...if pcars is as much fun as you state then it's a no-brainer to continue using it but do consider rF2 in a future purchase.

Note: You can even run the rF2 demo before you buy but if you want to experience the full game then make the purchase and you get a 7 day refund policy if dissatisfied!

Last edited:
Another thread with the aim to bash PCars?

It is exactly that kind of thread. Sheep need their confirmation bias from the herd. Either for or against.

@Andy Jackson: He wasn't paid a dime as far as I know.. at least not at first (could be he is paid now though.. who knows). It was pure fluke that he got to play the sim at pre-alpha development because he was beta testing and working as a consultant for Fanatec and they had pCars up and running at the offices.

I would argue that anything that tries to simulate anything is a sim, one can argue about the fidelity of certain aspects as opposed to other simulations, but ultimately the 'simcade' label is a bit of snobbery that says 'my favourite sim is more accurate than this'. To clarify AC is my sim of choice, but I find myself playing PC more and more for the career stuff as it improves.

• Deleted member 113561

There was a poll already at release - more than 50% voted pure Sim ...

The Default Setups are good, coz the thought behind it, you could jump in and have fun (stable car) instead of invest endless of time like in the FFB (xD)

Imo this thread is more than senseless ..

It has been said many times, Rene Rast was never paid, 1 proof: Check out his channel, lately he played Assetto Corsa ...

What's your point, really?

It's more than clear that you don't like PCars.

How many more posts do you need?

Get over it. Play what you like.
You don't know anything do you?
I actually race here in the clubs with Pcars. I really enjoy it. Why don't you contribute here and join in? No? Too busy trolling?
Get over yourself and move on.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back