Is converting GSCE tracks to AMS possible?

ThatRacingGuy

I drove 88 MPH last night... weird stuff happened
Hi all.

I've been testing our almost released BTCC 2015/16 mod for quite a while now..

But i wanted to try them on some actual British Circuits like @Patrick Giranthon 's Croft.

But when i converted it to AMS And went to load up the tracks so much errors about the Cloudmesh or something popped up... Is this normal? and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks

I would like to rework croft, as actual layout is different, but it is not the next track for the moment.

Anyway, you can just change these lines in the beginning of .scn :

MASFile=CloudsMed.MAS
MASFile=SkyEuroAltHazy.MAS

to :

MASFile=CloudsDefault.MAS
MASFile=SkyNorth.MAS

It should work I think. But no dynamic track then.
This has been working pretty good for most tracks. I'm having a problem with Cleveland and Vanport though, I get a loading error can't load material for gmt Teamtruck 09 in Cleveland and pitstandteam02 for vanport any ideas for getting around these?

This is how to get Cleveland & Portland working in AMS.

In AMS go to the Gamedata\Locations\ReizaCommon\bak folder. Copy these 4 files from the "bak" folder to the "ReizaCommon" folder.
-CloudsLight.MAS
-SkyTropicalHaze.MAS
-CloudsCirrus.MAS
-SkyTropicalRed.MAS

For Cleveland you also need to copy 1 more file.
Copy this file your SCE Gamedata\Locations\ReizaCommon to your AMS Cleveland folder.
- AdPackStockcar.MAS

The .scn file pretty much tells you what mas files you need for every track. ;)

This is how to get Cleveland & Portland working in AMS.

In AMS go to the Gamedata\Locations\ReizaCommon\bak folder. Copy these 4 files from the "bak" folder to the "ReizaCommon" folder.
-CloudsLight.MAS
-SkyTropicalHaze.MAS
-CloudsCirrus.MAS
-SkyTropicalRed.MAS

For Cleveland you also need to copy 1 more file.
Copy this file your SCE Gamedata\Locations\ReizaCommon to your AMS Cleveland folder.
- AdPackStockcar.MAS

The .scn file pretty much tells you what mas files you need for every track. ;)
I'll give that a try. Thanks.

I just noticed that my suns are still not showing correctly.

2lay439.jpg

I think I've tried all the suggestions in the thread so far.
- edited the scn file to find COMMONMAPSGSC.mas
- changed the scn to
MASFile=SkyNorth.MAS

- added the SRPL_SKY3_DOME1 and SRPL_SKY3_SUN1 to the track folder.

Anyone have a suggestion as to what I've messed up?

thanks

Hello, I don't even have this game yet (but I'm interested in it) and I wish you guys
would just upload the updated tracks on RD. (maybe you need a permission though?)
I mean, with all the fixes and all. (some of it seems a bit complicated)
So that people don't have to read the entire thread and fix/convert the tracks themselves.
It's not being lazy, it's just that it'll motivate me more to get the game if I see more mods available. lol
I only hesitate cos of the lack of content. lol;)

Yeah @Lily Starfox its a permission thing for sure. For example, I am not the original author of Portland or Cleveland as they were created for SCE by Patrick Giranthon and I simply edited the files to make the tracks work in AMS - without updating to all AMS standards. It's not that hard for people who have played RF1/SCE over the years since it's basically the same file structure and modding steps. And I mean no disrespect to the fantastic modders of this community when I say "basically". When the modders update the tracks from SCE to AMS standards adding in the new shaders and track degradation that is a whole other level of modding. :)

Also RD has some specific rules in place for uploading content like this. There are alternate AMS downloads webpages that have lesser rules however its still not cool to port and release someone else's work without their consent.

Yeah @Lily Starfox its a permission thing for sure. For example, I am not the original author of Portland or Cleveland as they were created for SCE by Patrick Giranthon and I simply edited the files to make the tracks work in AMS - without updating to all AMS standards. It's not that hard for people who have played RF1/SCE over the years since it's basically the same file structure and modding steps. And I mean no disrespect to the fantastic modders of this community when I say "basically". When the modders update the tracks from SCE to AMS standards adding in the new shaders and track degradation that is a whole other level of modding. :)

Also RD has some specific rules in place for uploading content like this. There are alternate AMS downloads webpages that have lesser rules however its still not cool to port and release someone else's work without their consent.

I agree 100%, but no one owns these tracks except the original vendors. It would be simple for someone who has the skills and talents to reach out to Patrick or others and suggest that they could help speed-up the process of proper conversion to AMS (since these were all conversions from something else in the first place). Divide and conquer. Help, don't hurt. As long as two (or more) people are not wasting time doing the same tasks and no one is trying to misrepresent what they are doing or ignoring all the hard work that came before, I don't see a problem here. Getting more tracks to AMS-level faster would benefit all.

On the other hand, if you just need a quick conversion for some reason, you can do it yourself.

I just noticed that my suns are still not showing correctly...Anyone have a suggestion as to what I've messed up?

I do. :D

21kmk2o.jpg

I found the easiest way (for me) to make sure all your GSCE tracks show up correctly is:

- Make a new folder in your tracks folder.
-Copy all the contents from GSCE\GameData\Locations\ReizaCommon into this folder.
-Copy the commonmaps files from GSCE also into this folder. Rename the commonmaps.MAS in this folder to COMMONMAPSGSC.MAS.
- In the track's scn file change SearchPath=ReizaCommon to SearchPath=your new folder name
and change MASFile=COMMONMAPS.mas to MASFile=COMMONMAPSGSC.mas

And hopefully Bob will be your uncle. :cautious:

I'm starting to like this game at last, and now I'm craving for more and more tracks. lol
Every track from Patrick Giranthon is a real joy to drive. (this game REALLY needs brighter nights though... Have you tried Spa at night? Impossible...)

I hope that we'll get most GSCE tracks ported to Automobilista.
Any plans to release hillclimbs, btw?
rFactor 1 always had countless hillclimbs, and the vast majority have NEVER been ported to any game.
Only GTR2 got 5% of them.
I feel like these hillclimbs are lost forever, which is a real shame.
The Coppa hillclimbs, Duryea, Gorjanci, Paradsasvar, Subida, Tisza, etc...
I would love to test the recently released Rally Cross mod on some of these tracks.:cry:

Just so you know you can copy & paste SCE tracks to AMS and with a small scn edit they will generally work. Of course you wont have the AMS track build up & shader updates but its a nice offline option.
This is the .scn file edit:

MASFile=CloudsMed.MAS
MASFile=SkyEuroAltHazy.MAS

Turns into

MASFile=SkyNorth.MAS

Credit to @Stephen Bailey who originally wrote that in another thread.

I'm starting to like this game at last, and now I'm craving for more and more tracks. lol
Every track from Patrick Giranthon is a real joy to drive. (this game REALLY needs brighter nights though... Have you tried Spa at night? Impossible...)

I hope that we'll get most GSCE tracks ported to Automobilista.
Any plans to release hillclimbs, btw?
rFactor 1 always had countless hillclimbs, and the vast majority have NEVER been ported to any game.
Only GTR2 got 5% of them.
I feel like these hillclimbs are lost forever, which is a real shame.
The Coppa hillclimbs, Duryea, Gorjanci, Paradsasvar, Subida, Tisza, etc...
I would love to test the recently released Rally Cross mod on some of these tracks.:cry:
Rfactor tools allows you to convert any rfactor track to SCE/AMS playable levels...even you're beloved hill climbs.

rftools is a handy app for quick rF to GscX conversion. after that u need to change the lines in the .scn file for a quick conversion to AMS. like i said, its quick. dont expect wonders

Am I right in thinking you can't update the old rf tracks with a ams/sce skybox...thus allowing you to use the skies in AMS with the old rf tracks? I cant just extract the old rf tracks skybox and rename an AMS skybox in the mas file??? If that makes sense

Am I right in thinking you can't update the old rf tracks with a ams/sce skybox...thus allowing you to use the skies in AMS with the old rf tracks? I cant just extract the old rf tracks skybox and rename an AMS skybox in the mas file??? If that makes sense

Well I tried to convert the old rFactor version of "Joux Plane" with rfactor tools... But it still tells me "ERROR: Conversion failed: couldn't locate 'GameData/' or track directory"... Not sure why so far...

Then I tried another rFactor hillclimb, "Beaujolais", and it works perfectly.
Couldn't believe it at first, but I just drove it with a V8 car and it's GREAT.:D
I can't believe this tool does this so easily too.
No bugs, no problems, runs perfectly, and the lighting is MUCH better than in the old rFactor.
I wonder why most people never mention this!!
I had no idea we could convert mods like this!!
Otherwise I would have bought GSCE a LONG time ago!:confused:

Hmmm sooo...
Somebody mentioned the mod Historx on another thread, I think...
Would there be a way to convert this to Automobilista or it's impossible?
This mod, with rFactor hillclimbs... I don't need rFactor anymore. :roflmao:
I'd like old classic cars or maybe 80s rally cars...

Edit :
it does seem that the sun is missing in my converted track.
But! It doesn't do a white square like one of the previous posters though.
It just seems... Missing. lol
I'll have to look into this.

Last edited:
Well I tried to convert the old rFactor version of "Joux Plane" with rfactor tools... But it still tells me "ERROR: Conversion failed: couldn't locate 'GameData/' or track directory"... Not sure why so far...

Then I tried another rFactor hillclimb, "Beaujolais", and it works perfectly.
Couldn't believe it at first, but I just drove it with a V8 car and it's GREAT.:D
I can't believe this tool does this so easily too.
No bugs, no problems, runs perfectly, and the lighting is MUCH better than in the old rFactor.
I wonder why most people never mention this!!
I had no idea we could convert mods like this!!
Otherwise I would have bought GSCE a LONG time ago!:confused:

Hmmm sooo...
Somebody mentioned the mod Historx on another thread, I think...
Would there be a way to convert this to Automobilista or it's impossible?
This mod, with rFactor hillclimbs... I don't need rFactor anymore. :roflmao:
I'd like old classic cars or maybe 80s rally cars...

Edit :
it does seem that the sun is missing in my converted track.
But! It doesn't do a white square like one of the previous posters though.
It just seems... Missing. lol
I'll have to look into this.
Yeah as long as you place the unzipped track into a folder called gamedata, then click to convert into a new directory, it cant be converted into the same directory...the new directory I convert into is just a slightly modified name folder, for example if I converted from,

C:\rftools\Joux Plane

Convert it to

C:\rftools\Joux Plane2

And you'll have no problems. Just make sure Joux Plane is placed inside a folder called Gamedata!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back