Is 2017 Verstappen's Year?

Schooled by the University of Payback and Hard Knocks, most likely (80% of the paddock can't stand him because they value their life...and the FIA coddles him), and most likely gone after the season. Poor Ricciardo has to put up with drivers mistaking him for Verstappen.

F1 is looking for any reason to up the draw and excitement which after the 1st 5 laps is pretty much watching grass grow. And Im a total F1 fan. Ricciardo will out shine Verstappen by a mile this season and Verstappen's antics will come around to haunt him as the season goes on. Im surprised his helmet still fits.

No doubt Verstappen has skills and balls but Ricardo is no slouch and has great consistency and does not get ragged. Verstappen gets a bit desperate some times, just like Lewis in he's early days .
Since the tires will last longer this season there will be alot more flat out driving.
Should be a great season.

Both drivers are closely matched in terms of pace, it will be the small details that are going to make the difference this year. For Max there is really only one point to work on and that is his qualifying. If he wants to come out on top he needs to out qualify Ricciardo.

My money is on Max, not because of orange or pink glasses but just because he is still very young and has plenty of room to improve. His learning curve has been steep and I don't think it will flatten for the next few years Also you will see a different Verstappen once he gets in the position to fight for a championship. In a interview he already explained that he will take a different approach once he can fight for a championship.

Surely an interesting team battle to look out for.

Wind tunnels are incredibly valuable, but that's only if you try the right things in the wind tunnels in the first place. And they aren't the answer to everything. You can have all the technology in the world but if you don't have the right brains behind it (like you say with the analysing the data) then there's no point having it.
I guess i just hear more about teams of aero analysts now rather than just newey vs costa vs byrne. Look at the designs this year. So similar. Most have a shark fin. Most have a small rear wing.
Its based on teams analysing wind tunnel data and coming to similar conclusions. Then smaller gaps to close by the time they reach barcelona.

I see less radical indicidual designs like back in the day.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.