iRacing Videos

It´s a love hate thing for me. On high DF setup the car is amazing. On low DF it´s like it got no DF at all.
I think something isn´t right with the car, it´s too hard to keep on track even though your not going 100%. You can´t attack curbs like they do in real life either which is odd.

DK did say that the car will feel much more stable with the new tyre model and i think that´s the last piece of the puzzle.

With the setup I'm running now I can hit the curbs pretty hard and it not effect the car. However I really have to watch the curbs on the Chicane coming to the start/finish line at SPA. I have lost it there so many times now it isn't funny. I had used a setup besides the one I am now that was VERY lose and felt as if there was no downforce at all and saying it was hard to drive doesn't come close to really explaining it...lol

With the setup I'm running now I can hit the curbs pretty hard and it not effect the car. However I really have to watch the curbs on the Chicane coming to the start/finish line at SPA. I have lost it there so many times now it isn't funny. I had used a setup besides the one I am now that was VERY lose and felt as if there was no downforce at all and saying it was hard to drive doesn't come close to really explaining it...lol

Really? Man i must have used some wierd setups then because the car just spins for me, doesn´t matter if i give less steering input before the curb either, it just does a 180 on me :(
Yea i guess i´ve only used setups you mentioned there :) Phillip Island and Road America was a nightmare for me lol.

Do you have a setup to share? :)

Thanks a lot man :)
Really great to to see it that soon!
It's "Kevin Ascher" though not Acsher :)

PS: When I see a video like that from cockpit view, I really wonder how you guys with only one screen caan do door to door racing. I, for sure, cannot go back to single screen racing...

Cheers for the heads up flavien on the spelling, bare in mind i finished that at 6am this morning and heavily under the influence :cool: Corrected video including spelling and loop, just uploading now.

Yeah would like 3 screens man, i have 2 x 50" screens already, just need money for a 3rd

Oooook... So I had gotten a bit lonely for iRacing since the servers were down for a bit today. I started to make a video to waste a little time, and it turned into a full blown "hmmm lets see what I can do here" type of thing. I didn't get a chance to race the F1 at SPA since I was too chicken to get in an official race just yet so this was the next best thing...hehe The music isn't exactly my taste but I thought it fit pretty well for what I was after.

Enjoy~

Joe, that video made me want to go put in some laps at Spa. I need to get fraps, video editing software, and some video editing skills, lol. Very nice job!

William: Windows movei maker does a good job so no need to shell out on anything expensive for the editing. Fraps is pretty cheap and worth it not just for the video capture but also for the framerate benchmarking!

with you're 3 screen set up, you'll also be able to make some wonderful widescreen shots.

Torrents tends to be cheap ;)
I am pretty sure, not even 5% of people doing and editing good videos on youtube or anywhere else actualy bought Sony Vegas or Adobe premiere...
No one with a normal salary would spend a thousand bucks or more to do a decend video.

For the 3 screen setups and screen shots, it is actually quite a mess if you configured your screens correctly, with space taken off for the bezel and angle of your screen so it looks good while driving

I had to get Sony Vegas for work related things, however Flavien is right. I think I read somewhere that out of all windows operating systems in use like 85% of them were not legal copies. Same with Adobe products, however if you work professionally with these products and get caught using "those" copies there is a HEFTY price to pay. I would really start to watch doing such things now though. Back a few years ago the laws weren't really in place yet, however now they are really cracking down. Sony Vegas is expensive and not the most simple program to use (heck I'm still learning it) but windows movie maker that is a part of Windows Live isn't too bad and pretty good for free.

Here is a link that will show the top rated "free" video editing software, perhaps that can get your feet wet.
http://www.desktop-video-guide.com/top-5-free-video-editing-software-review.html

**EDIT**

Something else to add to that link is if you want something that is close to Sony Vegas and it's abilities to use multiple video clips at once and cut them into each other nicely I would suggest Avid. It's interface looks very simular to Sony, however I'm not totally sure how close it is. That Zwei sounds pretty interesting as well.

Both are VERY amateur and far from the possiblities of a semi-pro software like Vegas or a professional one like Premiere...
Download it, crack it, use it. Piracy is stealing if you intended on spending the $$ to buy it but don't because ou get it through any p2p. I would NEVER, EVER spend that kind of money in an editing software for personnal use. Whether I download it or not, it does not matter to Sony, I would not have bought it anyway. Heck it's even better for them that I download it now as someday, if I edit professionnal videos in order to make money, I would actually buy the license.

So just download it. Risks are virtually inexistant as the MPAA (US only, eventhough they tend to think otherwise) only cares about music and a little bit about movies. And even that, as long as you have decent tastes in music, you would never get caught :lol:

Download it, crack it, use it. Piracy is stealing if you intended on spending the $$ to buy it but don't because ou get it through any p2p. I would NEVER, EVER spend that kind of money in an editing software for personnal use. Whether I download it or not, it does not matter to Sony, I would not have bought it anyway. Heck it's even better for them that I download it now as someday, if I edit professionnal videos in order to make money, I would actually buy the license.

So just download it. Risks are virtually inexistant as the MPAA (US only, eventhough they tend to think otherwise) only cares about music and a little bit about movies. And even that, as long as you have decent tastes in music, you would never get caught :lol:

I hate to tell you this but you are VERY wrong in thinking that. You ARE breaking law the within international copyrights, and you can think that they don't care however they do. The difference is you as a single person are small potatoes and they are most likely not going to do anything due to getting the money that they will sue for, the fines, and time involved. They know they will NEVER get it out of you. If they know you are pirating the software they could choose to use you as an example to others and the next place you'll see yourself is the evening news. I'm going to say this as nice as possible and I please don't take it the wrong way but telling people to do that on racedepartment isn't the brightest thing to do. You could also involve this site in the matter just for it being on here. Believe me as a photographer I may not know everything but I do know alot about copyright laws.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 85 29.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 58 20.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 61 21.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.3%