iRacing Confirm Audi and Porsche LMP1 Content is Coming...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing Confirms Porsche and Audi.jpg

Two Prototype racing giants have been confirmed as in development for iRacing.com - Welcome the Porsche 919 and Audi R18 LMP 1 Hybrid machines.. coming "soon"...

Although the real series continues to die on its feet, it looks like LMP1 Prototype racing remains a thriving category in the sim racing world, with iRacing the latest development team confirmed to be producing these exciting and wickedly quick cars for their current racing simulation.

iRacing.com already has plenty of endurance spec cars in the sim thanks to a tie up with the awesome Blancpain GT Series, however with the confirmation that both the epic Audi R18 Hybrid and Porsche 919 LMP 1 machines coming to the simulation in the near future, it looks very much like the boys and girls in iRacing world have plenty of exciting new content to get their hands on in the coming months.

Confirmed by way of a new teaser trailer (below), the online PC subscription racing simulation have confirmed the very latest technology of the World Endurance Championship will be added to the simulation in the near future, no doubt bringing with it a dramatic shift in the way long distance endurance racing events are conducted by the service for future events.

Sadly in the real series the World Endurance Championship is going through something of a lean patch of late, with Audi having walked away from what was an incredibly successful stint in the series at the end of last year, and current top dog Porsche set to depart at the end of the current campaign, the future of LMP1 Hybrid Endurance Prototypes appears to be resting on something of a knife edge heading towards the end of 2017.

Fortunately thanks to the work of simulation developers the world over, the rivalry between these two premium brands can continue to be fought out on the tracks of the world for years to come, with both these Prototype giants set to join the already sizable GT3 field in the simulation over the coming weeks and months.

Exciting times ahead...

iRacing is available exclusively for PC, and can be downloaded either independently or through the Steam network.

Check out the iRacing.com sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the simulation.

Looking forward to LMP1 action in iRacing? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 113561

Well how is that taken out of context when you said yourself that it will feel like all the GT3 cars in iRacing? Trolling is not my thing but you certainly seem to do that if you make those kind of claims
It is not only my opinion but also that of many people that most cars feel very similiar in iRacing. It is a fair assumption that this will happen, you have been warned.
Also Nicki Thiim himself said that iRacing is extremely unrealistic ... yes there is footage about him saying that and it was this year.
So finally acknowledge that your favorite sim has good some great qualities, but in the end is totally overprized and unrealistic.

it amazes me no end how time and again people enter iRacing threads just to spit on it. Could one maybe come back to the relevant bits, i.e. the new content announced? One would think it difficult for anyone to be wholeheartedly negative and make sweeping negative claims about something none of us has ever put their hands on, but there you are ...

It is not only my opinion but also that of many people that most cars feel very similiar in iRacing. It is a fair assumption that this will happen, you have been warned.
Also Nicki Thiim himself said that iRacing is extremely unrealistic ... yes there is footage about him saying that and it was this year.
So finally acknowledge that your favorite sim has good some great qualities, but in the end is totally overprized and unrealistic.
Yet Nicki keeps racing on iRacing so apparently his comment should be taken with a grain of salt, he is no expert. Unrealistic is simply not true but pricey yes, as a whole package there is nothing better, otherwise I would change sim.

• Deleted member 113561

Yet Nicki keeps racing on iRacing so apparently his comment should be taken with a grain of salt, he is no expert. Unrealistic is simply not true but pricey yes, as a whole package there is nothing better, otherwise I would change sim.
Yeah, you just try to twist everything. He might be still racing there because there is some fun in driving there and he has the money to do it - as said, ie. the online system is imo the best on the market - so there are good things in iRacing, that doesnt change the fact that this WEC champion is the opinion that iRacing is really unrealistic.
Unrealistic doesn't mean it can't be fun or interesting to play.

as a whole package there is nothing better
Did he say that? How do you know he is not driving something else aswell all the time? Please bring hard facts instead of just assumptions or lies.

Yeah, you just try to twist everything. He might be still racing there because there is some fun in driving there and he has the money to do it - as said, ie. the online system is imo the best on the market - so there are good things in iRacing, that doesnt change the fact that this WEC champion is the opinion that iRacing is really unrealistic.
Unrealistic doesn't mean it can't be fun or interesting to play.

Did he say that? How do you know he is not driving something else aswell all the time? Please bring hard facts instead of just assumptions or lies.
Please don't make your own assumptions of things I never stated about Nicki. "As a whole package there is nothing better, otherwise I would change sim" That must indicate that it is my opinion, right? As if I couldn't make my own judgement after racing on the platform years 5 later... Try to read the whole sentence and get the bigger picture.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.