iRacing Confirm Audi and Porsche LMP1 Content is Coming...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing Confirms Porsche and Audi.jpg

Two Prototype racing giants have been confirmed as in development for iRacing.com - Welcome the Porsche 919 and Audi R18 LMP 1 Hybrid machines.. coming "soon"...

Although the real series continues to die on its feet, it looks like LMP1 Prototype racing remains a thriving category in the sim racing world, with iRacing the latest development team confirmed to be producing these exciting and wickedly quick cars for their current racing simulation.

iRacing.com already has plenty of endurance spec cars in the sim thanks to a tie up with the awesome Blancpain GT Series, however with the confirmation that both the epic Audi R18 Hybrid and Porsche 919 LMP 1 machines coming to the simulation in the near future, it looks very much like the boys and girls in iRacing world have plenty of exciting new content to get their hands on in the coming months.

Confirmed by way of a new teaser trailer (below), the online PC subscription racing simulation have confirmed the very latest technology of the World Endurance Championship will be added to the simulation in the near future, no doubt bringing with it a dramatic shift in the way long distance endurance racing events are conducted by the service for future events.

Sadly in the real series the World Endurance Championship is going through something of a lean patch of late, with Audi having walked away from what was an incredibly successful stint in the series at the end of last year, and current top dog Porsche set to depart at the end of the current campaign, the future of LMP1 Hybrid Endurance Prototypes appears to be resting on something of a knife edge heading towards the end of 2017.

Fortunately thanks to the work of simulation developers the world over, the rivalry between these two premium brands can continue to be fought out on the tracks of the world for years to come, with both these Prototype giants set to join the already sizable GT3 field in the simulation over the coming weeks and months.

Exciting times ahead...

iRacing is available exclusively for PC, and can be downloaded either independently or through the Steam network.

Check out the iRacing.com sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the simulation.

Looking forward to LMP1 action in iRacing? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 205301

.....A deception for me....
Off course i'm happy with this news, and will have a go with these cars, but, it's old-to-date cars !!!
Seriously, iracing have more to gain if they develops GT4 cars (gs in usa) ....
We all knows how it will be : kids (or bad drivers) will jump in the lmp1, they won't respect GTE'drivers, and we will see half of the lmp1 grid on the grass :( ...
@++

Bad drives are bad in LMP1 or HPD, it's not the car who makes a driver bad or disrespectful.

Finally they bring a proper LMP1 car that's been looooooong overdue, and not just 1 but 2, to have some competition on the LMP1 class. This is great news for all endurance racing fans out there, no matter if you drive a GTE or, like me, were waiting for an LMP1 since forever.

Reactions: F_B
Off course i'm happy with this news, and will have a go with these cars, but, it's old-to-date cars !!!
We all knows how it will be : kids (or bad drivers) will jump in the lmp1, they won't respect GTE'drivers, and we will see half of the lmp1 grid on the grass :( ...
@++
The community has been crying out for an LMP1 car for like forever! The 919 always seemed on the cards, but to also get its brother, the R18, is a massive bonus! With day/night transitions on the way, the virtual 24hr of Le Mans would've had no credibility without an LMP1, now we have LMP1, P2 (although the HPD is quite old) and GTE. Can't come soon enough!

• Deleted member 113561

Probably will feel like GTs and just be faster and with more downforce ...
Like all cars in iRacing ...

Don't ruin my hopes, man :unsure:

But all in all you are not to far away from the truth, I'm really disappointed on how all high DF cars feel and behave in iRacing, but I trust that they have made progress since the MP 4/30 was launched. I will buy at least the Porsche and give it a chance, like I have been doing for years now with every interesting addition to the sim. I just hope I don't end up as disappointed as before...

Probably will feel like GTs and just be faster and with more downforce ...
Like all cars in iRacing ...

The DW12 feels fine to me. I really have to wrestle that car to drive it at its full potential. The only GT car I do that with is the MP4-12C. Mind, I've been racing Indy open for 2 years...

There's a three lap fuel limit in these cars, so I wonder how that will get implemented.

• Deleted member 130869

@++

If these have all the hybrid tidbits to be managed during driving, you might get the opposite. Ability to manage energy deployment and recharging will possibly bring reasonable gaps in laptimes, like in Assetto Corsa, and make it something beyond just driving a very powerful machine.

• Deleted member 113561

What it feels like is irrelevant, what is relevant though is if it feels true to the LMP1 in real life according to the drivers.
It can't if it feels like a GT at the same time ... see either people / marketing is lying or one of the 2 is unrealistic

• Deleted member 113561

Do you have credibility to judge if something feels like a GT3 car because it sounds like you are a expert of some sort and have tried them all in real life...
It is illogical that a GT3 car feels like LMP1 car ... it is common sense
Think about how heavy a GT car is compared to a LMP1 car ie.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.