Floating point = 10048
Prime number = 40.0
Extended instruction = 35.2
CPU compression = 13327
Encryption = 2192
Physics = 687
CPU sorting = 7948
Single thread = 2751

From my point of view, I should not have replace my 2600k at 4.7Ghz.
Must have cost me £500 for the privilege.:(

So you essentially turned it into 9700K. Did you try going higher than 5.1GHz, I have settled for 5.0 on all cores with HT on, I think it's at around 1.325v (adaptive voltage), CPU cache at 47. No throttling or heat issues so far with AIO Corsair.
upload_2019-1-4_9-24-30-png.284494

Yeah a 9700k for now essentially. I can do 5.2 at 1.35v but not worth it. With HT on I can do 5ghz at 1.30v but there’s no benefit but 12-15 degrees of heat. On a dark rock 4 cooler, that’s not very comfortable.

• Deleted member 197115

AC is super single thread hungry, even with that monster I can't push everything to max without taxing rendering thread. Will try to experiment with OC more, some guys on Asus board run in comfortably at 5.2 with HT On. You should try adaptive voltage, lesser heat under normal usage.

@Andrew_WOT no need for that, now I really feel :poop:
Don't feel too bad. The difference between 4.4 and 4.7 GHz with the 2600k isn't really big. The difference to your 6600k regarding single thread performance is significant though.
Sure, maybe waiting for a 8700k oder 9700k would've been wiser but you still achieve good fps. I on the other hand can't put my fps limiter beyond 60 fps in any current sim. Tried and failed.. At some point during a race it will always drop to let's say 58 or 63. Gsync now helps with making it a totally fluent experience but having driven the nords at 117 fps (120 Hz monitor) in single practice and then having to accept to run 60 fps for a race.. It sucks :p

So I'm waiting for Ryzen 3xxx and from today's news. That will take some time again...
So you're enjoying nice, though not totally awesome fps for a good amount of time and will continue to do so while I'm getting more frustrated every day since 2 years.
Not sure what's better :)

• Deleted member 197115

Nice, I couldn"t make mine stable in Cinebench at 5.1 on all cores, but I didn't try too hard, perhaps miss some param to tune..
What are your other UEFI settings?

These chips are a lottery with not too much head room. Nothing fancy in the bios but manually set the vcore, disable MCE. because my xmp profile doesn't work (GB boards are horrible at mem) I set manual timings and tuned them. That's it. Disabled power savings stuff ofcourse.

Did some more turning and got my mem down to 15-15-15-30 3600mhz by manually setting some voltages. Can't seem to go lower than that at comfortable voltage.

guys why are you doing all-core overclocks? both ryzen and intel have per-core overclock according to load, which to us, as thirsty single-threaded sim racers is what we want.

Myself I have set on the BIOS I want:
5.2 ghz for loads up to 3 cores
5.1 ghz for loads up to 4 cores
5.0 ghz for loads up to 8 cores

Its what my custom watercooling can handle.

I can have AC running 5.2ghz and ACC at 5ghz without changing bios settings or having to disable HT.

Can't help you much there. I didn't had time to tune it yet. Literally put it together, entered bios, set some values from past experience, ran cinebench, didn't crash, lets play some AC... and its been some months since then.

Come the summer i'll do it proper but for now its bellow the tj max limit (90ºc) when I quick stress it with cinebench and barely over 45ºc when playing AC (core, not case).

Doesn't help i'm using a waterblock from fricking 2007 made for dual-cores Frankensteined into this socket.

yRs5apN.png

foKBXFy.png

lol

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

guys why are you doing all-core overclocks? both ryzen and intel have per-core overclock according to load, which to us, as thirsty single-threaded sim racers is what we want.

Myself I have set on the BIOS I want:
5.2 ghz for loads up to 3 cores
5.1 ghz for loads up to 4 cores
5.0 ghz for loads up to 8 cores

Its what my custom watercooling can handle.

I can have AC running 5.2ghz and ACC at 5ghz without changing bios settings or having to disable HT.
Dan, what voltage are you running with these settings, I always had issues with per core OC for some reason.
With 9900K and with 5930K.

@Jens Roos
My single core is good, in AC , i get good results ( fps ), but in ACC it is not the case. i suffer
from quite large variance in fps. i have completely down graded all the graphic settings as Rasmus
suggested. ( it looked like a 1980’s racing game ) and it still struggled to get much over 100 fps in ACC.

Dan, what voltage are you running with these settings, I always had issues with per core OC for some reason.
With 9900K and with 5930K.
I dont remember. Have to go check. Its a small positive offset, nothing big. Nothing ever crashed in months, but i'm sure it wont be fully stable how it is now after proper testing.

• Deleted member 197115

And how do you lock AC thread to specific core with higher clock? Windows bounces them all over the place.

Yeah, it doesn't work like that. On Ryzen2, it was supposed to be a feature from the software Ryzen Master (the highest freq core was supposed to be always chosen). But as of today windows will chose any core to run @ you max speed, Ryzen or Intel.

So, if you have the time and patience, you will need to test each core individually with prime95, and apply the vcore of the worst performing core to all. To test each core individually with prime95 or lock AC thread to a specific core, just use windows affinity in task manager.

Funnily when racing in the heavy rain, I can set my 3440 x 1440 to 70% resolution and get 20 fps more without really noticing any meaningful reduction in graphics quality. unfortunately this does not apply to clear weather.

Have I become delusional:confused::confused:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back