Initial thoughts

It is good, very very good.
The FFB is informative, driving feel is natural.
I like the UI layout it is easy to navigate with a very clean user friendly presentation.
The setup pages are informative and easy to use.

In full disclosure I am running a mid-low end PC (G4560/1050ti) and in practice alone on track, in sunny conditions with settings down the middle I'm getting 90-100fps.
Frame rates are buttery smooth with no drops in performance noticed.
Running an LG ultra wide 2560x1080 @75mhz.

My one and only notice is the game is whitewashed out, I had to turn down contrast and fiddle with black stabilizer on my monitor.

Graphics not much better than AC, but only 30 - 50 FPS. On AC with nearly the same graphics quality i get 200 FPS. Very bad blurry temporal antialiasing.

FFB is ok but very dampened and dead roadfeel.

Clutch not working at all.
Light not working.

But hey, its an EA.

Graphics not much better than AC, but only 30 - 50 FPS. On AC with nearly the same graphics quality i get 200 FPS. Very bad blurry temporal antialiasing.

Light not working.

But hey, its an EA.

Graphics at night in a storm, lol AC cannot even come close.

My system is getting ~40-60 FPS, CPU is the bottleneck

So the game is now working for me, without sounding like a complete lemon, what is the button to map to get out of the pits? Im trying to get out on track for a practice session in the rain and the car is just sat there. All mapped buttons work, i can go up and down the gears, but the car just sits there, i cant switch the engine on, or anything. I've even switched assists on to auto pit - still no dice.

So the game is now working for me, without sounding like a complete lemon, what is the button to map to get out of the pits? Im trying to get out on track for a practice session in the rain and the car is just sat there. All mapped buttons work, i can go up and down the gears, but the car just sits there, i cant switch the engine on, or anything. I've even switched assists on to auto pit - still no dice.

You can change the ignition and clutch to automatic in the assists menu.

Light not working.

But hey, its an EA.

I highly suggest you go into a practice run alone at night/storm. Drive around slowly, turn your lights off at the start/finish line.

It made me say holy **** out loud and I never swear, it's the best looking sim I've ever seen.

I've done a few laps in the sun in practice and it's all buttery smooth on my end so far. Only issue I'm having is severe FFB rattling in a straight line at med-high speed. Once I get that sorted I'll try out some rain and AI racing.

Man, it's such a shock going back to a screen after a year and a half in VR, though. I'm horribly inconsistent, can't properly hit my braking marks, constantly running a bit wide in every corner because I can't judge the distances. Can't wait for the VR support next month! :D

Nicki Thiim just did a small test & I'm not going to really take away anything about car behaviour from that given he didn't spend much time - but he was pretty critical of the track. Surface is good, but he thought the kerbs & lighting & some other details were wrong. That's surprising.

CSr5qSS.jpg

4mBEEtp.jpg

Sorry, but the small graphical changes are not worth a 250 FPS hit. It doesn't look much differnt, to justify such a massive performance hit.

I think Automobilista is in trouble - i have a new fav game. Its amazing, i love the physics. Not so much of a fan of the slight blur of the gfx, but I will have a play tomo with nvidia settings. This is the first game my rig has had a few frame rate drops with!! I think i will be investing in a new gfx card just for this game. Initial impressions though are mighty impressive. Excellent work!!

The graphics sure look and feel like software that carries a lot of baggage for capabilities I don't use, and goes through way too many indirections to get anything done.

However, this is version 0.1.0, I have an ATI card (NVidia works a bit better right now I figure?), and I can drive around with acceptable quality and FPS. I wouldn't describe it as a problem. No question, though, that the knockout quality graphics I hope will be in ACC eventually did not happen for me today.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back