IndyCar: COTA Discussion Thread

where do you keep getting this "less than 30k" attendance figure from?

The owner said 80K show up for the US GP. They say 30K came for indycar, not a chance of that. You tell me if indycar was only off by 50K. And it was like this all the way around the track.
I've been in, worked, driven apart of Indycar/CART/ChampCar for over three decades. I know the workings of things. And don't forget, the inaugural indycar race didn't even have a race presenting sponsor. And when year two comes, and the novelty wore off from the first year and less come, the series and track will be done in two years. Thats where this is headed, like countless others.

oput5e.jpg

Finally! This is by far the best reply (of roughly 30) you have posted here.
There is simply no need to spamming this thread only because you hate
this racing series. Or was it your intention right from the start that this
thread will be closed by a moderator because of too much off topic:mad: like
it happened with the St.Pete Race discussion thread???
Anyway i think the attendance was fine enough for a first race on a track
located in a State (Texas) where Indycar has not that awareness level or
popularity in contrast to the midwest especially.
Texas is NASCAR territory and for the F1 US GrandPrix many Mexicans
and Latinos in general are among the spectators, don't forget that.
A good start and likely an established race on the calendar in future. Maybe.

Honestly, judging by how packed all the parking lots were and the amount of people in the grandstands (80% filled up) AND including the people who were in GA seating, I'd say 30k is about right. and honestly, I'm very happy with that. 80-120k like in F1 would make attending the race in person unbearable for me. Either way, I agree with Niki that this was a solid start and should hopefully prove to be a long partnership between the track and IndyCar. still not sure why CreamyCornCob hates on it so much. it's not like they are mutually exclusive sports that threaten each other's viewer base

I don’t know how many were there, but i5 felt like a lot. T12 grandstand was packed and it took me forever to get out of the parking lot. Not F1 crowds for sure, but pretty good. I’ve watched F1 since the 90s but there’s no doubt that IndyCar is great too - just different.

You're in luck - Automobilista has the trucks and the ramps. :)

Fantastic! Thanks so much for pointing that out. Guess I’ll be picking AMS then!

Btw great start, did u guys compare the 1st lap to f1 cota race last year? The f1 fanboys keep sayin that the driver level is low at indycars... but they produce way cleaner starts and racing in general.... so go figure.

The F1 2018 1st lap is a joke compared to Indycar standards.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%