In the Dead of Winter -- New Nordschleife season!

Misc In the Dead of Winter -- New Nordschleife season! 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Bernd Graf submitted a new resource:

In the Dead of Winter -- New Nordschleife season! - featuring bare trees and other vegetation to simulate Feb - April Nords appearance

Happy New Year friends! It's been a long time since I uploaded a mod! But I'm back, and will be working on projects, albeit intermittently :)

Credit Race-media.tv

Ever wanted to race at the Nordschleife during the off-season or the initial VLN races? I know for me I prefer the look of the Green Hell in winter. Now, you can become Connor DiPhillippi in Assetto Corsa with this mod! Simply drop the new files in the ks_nordschleife location, or...

Read more about this resource...

Hello, dunno why but some of the trees ( the ones without leaves ) they look like this
Y0mmqIH.jpg

maybe related to the alpha channel on the textures ( i'm not expert in that matter =P ), apart from that the rest looks fantastic and give the feel of winter

Hello, dunno why but some of the trees ( the ones without leaves ) they look like this
Y0mmqIH.jpg

maybe related to the alpha channel on the textures ( i'm not expert in that matter =P ), apart from that the rest looks fantastic and give the feel of winter
Did you erase the old files from Kunos?
You only have to use Bernd's files.
On my end it works like a charm - video will be linked later (when ready).

Y0mmqIH.jpg

This happens for me on some mod tracks if I have multi sampling on.
Try turning MSAA off and only use FXAA.

maybe your settings because here it looks fine for me
what settings?, games have all on max and running on 1600x900, Game runs solid 60fps even on 32 cars full grid on Nordschleife

Did you erase the old files from Kunos?
You only have to use Bernd's files.
On my end it works like a charm - video will be linked later (when ready).
what old files?, used JSGME to isntall the mod

This happens for me on some mod tracks if I have multi sampling on.
Try turning MSAA off and only use FXAA.

well, i will try but if i have to sacrifice the AA for this mod is a no no for me, anyways thanks for the info

what settings?, games have all on max and running on 1600x900, Game runs solid 60fps even on 32 cars full grid on Nordschleife

what old files?, used JSGME to isntall the mod

well, i will try but if i have to sacrifice the AA for this mod is a no no for me, anyways thanks for the info
The files that are/were in the default folder. But if you're using JSGME, I can't help because I don't use it anymore.
Just make sure you or this programm only uses the files from Bernd in the default folder in skins.
Then it should work.

The files that are/were in the default folder. But if you're using JSGME, I can't help because I don't use it anymore.
Just make sure you or this programm only uses the files from Bernd in the default folder in skins.
Then it should work.

the mod is properly installed the issue was the MSAA as marisa pointed out

Turning OFF MSAA and using FXAA fixed the issue, already have plenty of textured mods such as http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/autumn-mod-for-assetto-corsa-tracks.18282/ and it works perfectly with MSAA

still strange that i cant use MSAA without having that issue in the textures, gonna check the NVCP or Nvidia inspector to see if i can do something about it

anyways thanks for the replys guys
Happy new year

Bernd Graf submitted a new resource:

In the Dead of Winter -- New Nordschleife season! - featuring bare trees and other vegetation to simulate Feb - April Nords appearance
Read more about this resource...
Somebody ought to show this video to most sim developers.
The Audi R8LMS is the car that's most often mis-represented in term of handling in sims...even the good ones.
The sim versions are always 'skateboards'...a bit of a disappointment really, since these cars have so much grip on properly heated tires.

Y0mmqIH.jpg

Hi Emmanuel, I'm sorry the trees aren't working for you...did you drop the files in the correct filepath? Since they aren't the circuit's actual texture files, but are additional textures which overwrite the stock ones, they must go in the skins/default file :) The only file that should be in there is the "flag8.dds" file, something in most of the Kunos tracks...install this way, and the game will run flawlessly. Do you use JSGME? That might be causing them to appear like the picture.

Somebody ought to show this video to most sim developers.
The Audi R8LMS is the car that's most often mis-represented in term of handling in sims...even the good ones.
The sim versions are always 'skateboards'...a bit of a disappointment really, since these cars have so much grip on properly heated tires.
How do you mean, Terry? Racing the old LMS, it's a little skittery at the front...benign would be the word Chris Harris would use but it's predictably benign...sometimes hard to place in a corner, but the rear is stable. The new LMS...it grips like a dream in AC...now, I disagree with some of the circuit asphalt grip levels in AC...they don't quite behave the way a "green" track should, haha...but fast and optimum for me get the closest to what you're talking about.

What wheel do you use? I used to feel AC wasn't grippy enough...until I changed hardware. Fanatec CS 2.0 user here...believe me, at 100% FFB, mild clipping...haha, you will FEEL the grip. A friend, Andrea Zorzetto and I discussed the grip in AC extensively...the better/stronger a wheel you use, the more of the game's grip is available to you.

Now, AC's GT3 tyres are a little out of date...keep in mind, the base tyre data they are using is from Michelin/Dunlop are from several GT3 seasons ago...keep in mind AC is from late 2014, so tyre data reflects lap times set several seasons ago. Knowing this fact, I leave expect slightly slower lap times around various tracks...but the TYPE of grip is still there. Pirelli has even gone on record saying their tyres for Blancpain are much grippier than before. :)

Then it should work.
No it doesn’t. Have deleted the original Kunos files first, then installed Bernd’s.
It’s looks as crappy as in the picture above. :(
Only turning MSAA off/ FXAA helped.

Last edited:
No it doesn’t. Have deleted the original Kunos files first, then installed Bernd’s.
It’s looks as crappy as in the picture above. :(
How?
I don't understand.
I've never had these issue with any skin for any track. I always copy the files by myself.
Have you named the folder "default"?

Maybe it's a nVidia issue then as someone mentioned above.

Good luck solving this problem.

Bernd, thanks for your reply to my issue in the review section (where I thought the original Kunos Nords had been overwritten). So if I just delete your mods files then the original Nords will return? What's the best way to install your mod for easy switching between the two? I use Content Manager, but copied your mod in manually. Thanks.

Bernd, thanks for your reply to my issue in the review section (where I thought the original Kunos Nords had been overwritten). So if I just delete your mods files then the original Nords will return? What's the best way to install your mod for easy switching between the two? I use Content Manager, but copied your mod in manually. Thanks.
make a folder inside the track folder skins and in that folder you create a folder named cm_skins there drop the winter folder.
now.when you go racing the selected track has 3 small dots lower right corner the you can select the winter skin.
and.if you want the normal back just un check the winter skin

best way to get it working go to content tracks left bottom + make a folder so the json file will be created otherwise some skins wont work there drop the winter files and go to track select it and your good to go

This is the easiest way so you don't have to make the folders cm will do that for you (because some skins wont work without json file inside the folder)

like this all skins will work http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/winter-nords-mod-sliding-ice-asphalt.13924/ and http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/autumn-mod-for-assetto-corsa-tracks.18282/ and all of the billboards and so on and you can even select more than one at the same time very cool stuff

Last edited:
best way to get it working go to content tracks left bottom + make a folder so the json file will be created otherwise some skins wont work there drop the winter files and go to track select it and your good to go

This is the easiest way so you don't have to make the folders cm will do that for you (because some skins wont work without json file inside the folder)

like this all skins will work http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/winter-nords-mod-sliding-ice-asphalt.13924/ and http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/autumn-mod-for-assetto-corsa-tracks.18282/ and all of the billboards and so on and you can even select more than one at the same time very cool stuff
Many thanks, this worked a treat! :)

Glad I could help, Mascot! I personally don't like or use JSGME, haha, so can't help there...it's already so easy to remove/add files in AC, and since I mod all the time, that's fast enough for me :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back