In Memory Of William Marsh

• Deleted member 217114

Sad to loose such a simracing fan due the stupid American Healthcare. May he race whereever he is.

Such a strange piece of news to wake up to. His roommates have elaborated a little further in a public Instagram post and they've conveyed it was a really bizarre series of events in quick succession. Was struggling with sleep apnea and taking medication for it, then had a sudden onset of schizophrenia that came out of left field. They believe the meds he was taking for both disorders, reacted with each other.

I had noticed something was amiss about a month ago when Will went completely silent on all platforms. Had shot him a message on I think the 9th asking what was up and never got a response, which I found odd as we made small talk over DM's once every week or so. Insta's pretty casual like that.

We raced together frequently as he was a big supporter of AC events on SRS for several years. The last six months especially he seemed on the up and up and had matured a lot. We spoke on Discord in I think mid February and he seemed excited at the future of his channel, was supposedly making quite good money off the YT ad revenue, had bought a truck, and lost about 40lbs. Never imagined that would be the last time I'd speak with him or that he was days away from a pretty serious mental health crisis.

Really proud of how his friends and family handled the whole thing. They seemed to recognize something was very wrong and immediately kept him away from social media so it didn't turn into a spectacle of any sort. With schizophrenia the symptoms can be quite pronounced so the fact that we never saw any of this means he had an excellent support system around him.

It seems so cruel that after years of struggling with depression and anxiety he finally achieved a sense of stability and optimism through his own hard work, only to have it ripped away such a short time later. Rest in peace, Mr. Marsh.
One thing struck my mind in that Instagram post - " He spent about a month in a rehabilitation center getting the help he needed. We reached out to others for help but no one seemed interested in taking care of Will, so, we took care of him. "
I know what it's like to deal with dear friends/family members having mental health issues, and this is the pattern that regularly occurs.
No one wants to help you, not even you brother and mother. Father is a non-caring piece of you know what.
I've been watching William's videos for over a decade, he was a super cool guy.
Jimmy Broadbent has had his share of these demons as well.
But look how life turned out in the end.
Jimmy is gonna be a race driver, and Will is gone.
My eyes are full of tears, I just wanted to have a lap or two in my so called sim rig, but now I don't give a damn about simracing.
Life is so unfair.

Words fail to me so I will quote Will´s friend Instagram last part post:

You can’t control what’s going to happen in life. But what you can control is what you do about what’s happening. You always have a choice. A choice to ask what’s wrong when someone says they’re doing “just alright.” A choice to stay a little longer on the phone if someone’s struggling. A choice to tell your family and friends, you love them. Please choose mental health everyone. For Will. For everyone. Rest In Peace friend

I will miss the guy, I remember watching his wheelbase review videos to see if we shared similar thoughts and he was honest and accurate in pointing out how he felt about the product

He was one of my favorite people in the sim racing community. I could feel he and I had similar challenges with social anxiety and stuff so it was really heartwarming seeing him become less and less nervous on camera and being able to review stuff as well as he did. I don't know what happened to him, but I truly hope he knows that the sim racing community mourns his death and it won't feel the same without him. Hope you're up there ripping it around the tracks above. RIP Will.

Very sad. He was a joy to go two wide with into a corner, very fair and respectful, but hard and always kept on fighting. I have 3 skins I made for him for AC and will upload them here soon. It is a nice way to keep him in our memories.
Godspeed William.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes