In Memory Of William Marsh

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
It is with a heavy heart that today we hear the news of the untimely passing of Sim Racing Paddock founder and sim racing ambassador William Marsh, who passed away at the end of March this year.

William has been a prominent member of the sim racing community for some years now, both with his work at Inside Sim Racing and more recently through his efforts with the excellent Sim Racing Paddock YouTube channel, always happy to offer a thought and opinion on a range of many virtual motorsport related topics - from hardware to software, to the general musings of everyday sim racing life as a content creator.

I've spent many an hour chatting to William about a range of diverse topics over the years, from our shared struggles with mental health issues, to wildfires, real and virtual motorsports and a whole host of different and bizarre topics in between - and every time we have spoken, I've also firmly enjoyed the conversation and considered that time well spent. To hear of his tragic passing has, quite frankly, hit pretty hard this morning.

I'm sure I speak for many of us here when we say his early departure from this world will leave a big hole in our sim racing community, and from everyone here at RaceDepartment we offer our most heartfelt and sincere condolences to him many friends, family and loved ones in this tragic time.

Goodbye mate, it was a pleasure.

168019857_3818006174942017_1829130277374279269_n.jpg

Last edited:
Taken too soon. A great character in the Sim Racing community. All my love to his family, friends and anyone with a connection to his youtube, He will be sorely missed.

I can't believe this, I was wondering where he was lately too. We all watched him grow as a content creator getting more and more confident and I enjoyed racing in his streams. I remember early on he asked me to read over a few of his scripts before making a video, no idea why, I'm nobody lol.

I will miss Will, the man, his content, and his races. Very sad day :(

So sorry to hear this and feel for his family. Struggles with mental health seem to be so common, I am left wondering if there is not more we could do to help each other cope with all that life throws our way. I don't contribute much here but do wonder about how those who post are feeling. I find this virtual space quite difficult to deal with but do take some comfort in knowing there are others who share my passion when nobody I know in the real world is interested.

Sad news indeed, one of the first YouTube channels I came across when I joined the community and one of the nicest human beings around, he will surely be missed. My condolences to his family and friends, rest in peace, William!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back