In Memory Of William Marsh

Such a strange piece of news to wake up to. His roommates have elaborated a little further in a public Instagram post and they've conveyed it was a really bizarre series of events in quick succession. Was struggling with sleep apnea and taking medication for it, then had a sudden onset of schizophrenia that came out of left field. They believe the meds he was taking for both disorders, reacted with each other.

I had noticed something was amiss about a month ago when Will went completely silent on all platforms. Had shot him a message on I think the 9th asking what was up and never got a response, which I found odd as we made small talk over DM's once every week or so. Insta's pretty casual like that.

We raced together frequently as he was a big supporter of AC events on SRS for several years. The last six months especially he seemed on the up and up and had matured a lot. We spoke on Discord in I think mid February and he seemed excited at the future of his channel, was supposedly making quite good money off the YT ad revenue, had bought a truck, and lost about 40lbs. Never imagined that would be the last time I'd speak with him or that he was days away from a pretty serious mental health crisis.

Really proud of how his friends and family handled the whole thing. They seemed to recognize something was very wrong and immediately kept him away from social media so it didn't turn into a spectacle of any sort. With schizophrenia the symptoms can be quite pronounced so the fact that we never saw any of this means he had an excellent support system around him.

It seems so cruel that after years of struggling with depression and anxiety he finally achieved a sense of stability and optimism through his own hard work, only to have it ripped away such a short time later. Rest in peace, Mr. Marsh.

This is very, very sad news indeed :-(

RIP William and my heartfelt condolences to his family and close friends.

I was very happy for William as he made his way as a sim racing YouTuber from literally nothing and plenty of rocks in his way to one of the very few genuine and good hearted people in the youtube space commenting on sim racing.

There was never any fuzz about him and I wished him always the very best.
It is so sad to hear the news.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 407 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 279 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 273 11.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 191 7.7%
  • < 5 years