AC IMSA/WEC Multiclass @ Watkins Glen - Monday 15 April 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Jeez, you are going the whole hog my friend, make sure you know how she is charging and use the power at the right time and do not run out half way round a lap :thumbsup:

If in doubt speak to @Enzo Fazzi.... knows a lot more than me about how to drive this car :thumbsup:
Thanks Craig, mapped my steering wheel for the controls last night (first time ever:laugh:) and getting my head 'round Sidekick, looks like it's great for 'at a a glance' power usage and using warpspeed:D

Hi Craig
I test with the Ferrari yesterday , as I don´t have much
time to try any other car this weekend. I go with that
GTE class and Ferrari please. :)
This will be a test to all off us, its not to easy to go
around a slower car on this track in my opinion.:cautious:
one eye in the mirror and one on the track :cautious::cautious::cautious:

I very much like driving her also, she is an easy drive and also on pace :thumbsup:

Can't find any lap times online either...
So I went with the AI (@ 100%) lap times. I'm still nearly 3 seconds off their pace.

So far I've raised tire pressure, lowered ride height, lowered the rear wing and lowered gears a bit. But I think I'm losing time from corner exits off some of these sweeping turns... Maybe more practice I guess should help with better throttle coming out those turns! Had a blast squeezing past the AI GT3 cars. A great deal of concentration is needed from the lmp cars lapping GT3 cars

Indeed you can do this, I also do this if I am lost :thumbsup:

On practice server with john, in the LMP1 car and my ( said as if i actually own it :roflmao: ) RSR .
Never thought the performance difference was that much, a gt2 car isn’t exactly slow,
probably exaggerated by the rear view mirror too.
One minute he seemed miles behind, thought , take these two bend and then see how close
he would be to me, just out of the first bend, LMP car next to me.
That was me off into the grass.:confused:

In CM I set up a race with the same cars and whatnot just to see what would happen - Lap 7 is when they started lapping the others and absolutely screamed past.

On practice server with john, in the LMP1 car and my ( said as if i actually own it :roflmao: ) RSR .
Never thought the performance difference was that much, a gt2 car isn’t exactly slow,
probably exaggerated by the rear view mirror too.
One minute he seemed miles behind, thought , take these two bend and then see how close
he would be to me, just out of the first bend, LMP car next to me.
That was me off into the grass.:confused:
I was a bit shocked too Ernie, first time for me - driving this with other cars on track. These LMP jobbies are amazing to drive, though the closing speed on GT2 cars is stonking:O_o:

Really will have to stick to the racing line, closing speeds are so fast trying to help an LMP car is
going to be problematic. :unsure:

That’s true, but unfortunately, we are always crossing from one side of the road to the other side
for the next corner entry line. That’s what caught me out when i was on the practice server with
john.
It will have to be up to the LMP drivers to sort this one out. The GT2 class, because of the nature
of the circuit we are always sitting on the edge of grip, it’s a fast circuit.

Really will have to stick to the racing line, closing speeds are so fast trying to help an LMP car is
going to be problematic. :unsure:
Yeah. That hybrid juice (Even if smaller in the 2014 vehicles) gives a corner exit speed that gt2s can't even begin to deal with. Slow corners the difference is not that large but under acceleration and every other corner it is night and day due to aero and hybrid juice. They are awesome. Shame we don't get more GTEs and lmp1s from 2015 or 2016. Next week I will take a Porsche I believe. It is just my favourite car ever.

Tried the Bmw , Ferrari and Porsche so far; favourite is the Porsche, it’s a shame that the balance of performance is applied , sort of looses something in the process. ( understandable though ).

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.4%