AC IMSA/WEC Multiclass @ Watkins Glen - Monday 15 April 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
i think Kunos put a lot of effort into the RSR, mine does not like softs, as yet not sure why,
it did, then on the practice server it started to cook them.
i will have to start from stock setup again to see if that fixes it. Got side tracked a bit there.
The stock setup to me at my pace seems very good. just tyre pressures, reduced camber
front and rear, left the front and rear toe standard, took some of the diff power off; including
a bit of coast.
Thats it really. Turn in is a bit sudden, but sort of like that. i cannot at the moment see any
advantage in reducing front end bite.:)

I got some practice in this morning and oh boy is it a fun car/track combo! I'm still not 100% if I'll be able to make it and won't be right up till Monday afternoon (damn work :cautious:) but I so hope I can- should be great fun. :thumbsup:

There isn’t that much difference between softs and medium, for me anyway , on this circuit.
I will almost certainly go for mediums.
Trying to get the softs, from not cooking, requires them
to be compromised for outright grip, so at the moment
it leaves them about equal.
This only probably applies to me, others may have
a different twist on it.:)
A good starting point would be to run the rears
over inflated, at least the left rear, that way you should
be able to run a faster lap in qualifying. And maybe the race. I would do this, but my OCD takes control
and stops me. I must have a symmetrical car.:(

Just a quick 'thank you' to the guys on the server tonight:thumbsup: It was a lesson and education for me, never having done a mixed class race.

The staying on line thing for GT2 is spot on, mainly 'cos it's hard to tell the difference of someone accidentally running wide in a corner or they're letting you through.

I think LMP could end being my second love to GT3:inlove: ...although whichever setting I have for power delivery/recovery doesn't make a blind bit of difference to my lap times:laugh::roflmao:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.5%