AC IMSA/WEC Multiclass @ Watkins Glen - Monday 15 April 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Just a quick 'thank you' to the guys on the server tonight:thumbsup: It was a lesson and education for me, never having done a mixed class race.

The staying on line thing for GT2 is spot on, mainly 'cos it's hard to tell the difference of someone accidentally running wide in a corner or they're letting you through.

I think LMP could end being my second love to GT3:inlove: ...although whichever setting I have for power delivery/recovery doesn't make a blind bit of difference to my lap times:laugh::roflmao:

haha it's gonna be a weird race. Never had someone come up on me that quick before. I clearly did not handle it well lol!

It should make a lot of difference John?
That's what I thought Craig, so ran a good few laps without using it at all, best lap was only 1.2 sec slower which seems very odd :O_o: Tried every option tonight, the only thing that changed was where/when you use it - but the brakes felt 'different' in some modes, which I guess is 'cos brakes are affected by harvesting.

There seems to be much more boost available with the Toyota, and it felt really 'racey' but I just can't get the lap time/race pace out of it:barefoot:

That's what I thought Craig, so ran a good few laps without using it at all, best lap was only 1.2 sec slower which seems very odd :O_o: Tried every option tonight, the only thing that changed was where/when you use it - but the brakes felt 'different' in some modes, which I guess is 'cos brakes are affected by harvesting.

There seems to be much more boost available with the Toyota, and it felt really 'racey' but I just can't get the lap time/race pace out of it:barefoot:

Well I am no expert in those cars, although I like driving them, I am sure I am not driving them properly. To get the best out of them I think you need to know exactly what you are doing ..joelk was the best driver I know in them ..his favorite was the Porsche. Sadly can not use it against the other two, it is just to darn fast and to bop it correctly would upset the balance. The Porsche will be used on it on the following week.

Well I am no expert in those cars, although I like driving them, I am sure I am not driving them properly. To get the best out of them I think you need to know exactly what you are doing ..joelk was the best driver I know in them ..his favorite was the Porsche. Sadly can not use it against the other two, it is just to darn fast and to bop it correctly would upset the balance. The Porsche will be used on it on the following week.
Great news Craig, these cars are massively addictive, sign me up already! :):thumbsup:

With my personal testing I found a BOP between 150kg to 200kg the best with the caveat that 150kg will be slightly faster and 200 Kg slightly slower but will need less pitstop so in a short race like this it wouldn't matter. If URD could pull their finger out and finish the of mod that would be appreciated.
Maybe a special Le Mans event in June :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 214 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years