Improving ai performance / aiw files

As someone who races exclusively offline ai performance is important to me. I often find that there is always one corner on every track that ai are dreadful on.

I would like to learn how to edit the ai performance / aiw files. Is there anyone out there who can help me get set up and take me through the basics?

Thanks,
Vern

Nah on the player.json you can set AutoCalibrate to 1 or 2 and in the main game the AI then learn the track better, i did a big thread on it over on the official forums (will get link later).

Adjusting that Speed parameter helped me with Bathurst no end, made the AI much smoother over the top of the mountain.

Nah on the player.json you can set AutoCalibrate to 1 or 2 and in the main game the AI then learn the track better, i did a big thread on it over on the official forums (will get link later).

Adjusting that Speed parameter helped me with Bathurst no end, made the AI much smoother over the top of the mountain.
Ah ok, I have AutoCalibrate set to 1 what does the "2" setting do I thought it was a simple boolean? Thanks I'll check it out when you put it up.

Very cool I'll have a crack at the Speed Parameter then.

Ah answered my own question by using my eyes :)
Quote from your previous thread on AI learning here.
Auto Calibrate ="1" is used to "brush up" as you say, but with "2" they actually learn different lines through the corners and use that in future race.
I'll give this a go too and update my player.json.

Hi mate are you able to go into a little detail with the Speed parameter, I can see the display speed text and you can then change what is being displayed, calculated, AI etc but unsure as to what and how adjustments are made.

Hi mate are you able to go into a little detail with the Speed parameter, I can see the display speed text and you can then change what is being displayed, calculated, AI etc but unsure as to what and how adjustments are made.

Ok what i do is this for a Curve where the AI shouldn't be braking:
- watch the AI for the specific area.
- in devmode i now go to the Speed parameter and check what the Values say.
- You should see a discrepancy in that the Speed on one or more waypoints is slower than those Before and After where the AI are braking.
- Check the Speed values from the first "good" one right before they brake to the waypoint "after" they stop braking.
- So i start from the first "good" Speed waypoint, move to the next and increase the speed one click higher than the first "good" one.
- I then do the in-between waypoints keeping a clean "curve" of speed values until the last.

Sometimes you may not be able to go Higher in Speed but keep them as close as possible, Save, package up and test in game (not devmode). This may take a few attempts to perfect but you'll eventually get there, i also use this method for some corners where the AI struggle a bit as "smoothing" out the AI Speed values here can help with their overall corner speed.

Ok what i do is this for a Curve where the AI shouldn't be braking:
- watch the AI for the specific area.
- in devmode i now go to the Speed parameter and check what the Values say.
- You should see a discrepancy in that the Speed on one or more waypoints is slower than those Before and After where the AI are braking.
- Check the Speed values from the first "good" one right before they brake to the waypoint "after" they stop braking.
- So i start from the first "good" Speed waypoint, move to the next and increase the speed one click higher than the first "good" one.
- I then do the in-between waypoints keeping a clean "curve" of speed values until the last.

Sometimes you may not be able to go Higher in Speed but keep them as close as possible, Save, package up and test in game (not devmode). This may take a few attempts to perfect but you'll eventually get there, i also use this method for some corners where the AI struggle a bit as "smoothing" out the AI Speed values here can help with their overall corner speed.
Thanks mate, can you tell me how you increase the speed? This was the piece I was missing last night, I couldn't seem to actually adjust it once I displayed the speed text on the waypoints, do I select the waypoint an then adjust up or down with a specific key?

Thanks mate, can you tell me how you increase the speed? This was the piece I was missing last night, I couldn't seem to actually adjust it once I displayed the speed text on the waypoints, do I select the waypoint an then adjust up or down with a specific key?

Cor now you're asking :D again not at my PC but from memory is SHIFT + ARROW UP/DOWN, or CTRL + ARROW UP/DOWN, it's a combination of something but will have to check to be certain.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back