Improved AI

Misc Improved AI 3.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thank you for the rapid updates!

Btw, I've tried the new modular version of this mod and did some rerun on Austria to test if the crashing issue still occurring (which it no longer did). But I've notice the Ai no longer dig their wheels on the grass like they did with the very first version of the mod, also seemingly a little less committed in side-by-side situation (almost like the vanilla game Ai)

I've also try running the new Ai on Miami and Bahrain, and also didn't feel as significant of a change compare to the vanilla Ai (or was I just imagining things?)

I wonder if the current version of the mod is tuned down? or is there actually something wrong that might preventing it from working as intended?
Just put out an update for bahrain!

if I already have modular mods installed, do I still need to install the base files included with this mod? or is there specific folders I must install from there?

if I already have modular mods installed, do I still need to install the base files included with this mod? or is there specific folders I must install from there?
The modular mods base included in this download is an altered version of the main one so yes you will need to install it. All your other mods will work with it except for the DRS mods. I will keep the altered modular mods updated with new versions of the base one.

Thanks, I'll backup just in case.
I wanted to try this with your controller mod because I play controller on PC all the time.
Thank you for the releases!

So I've just found out it was just my issue with the installing so the change wasn't applied correctly. Now that I've got it fixed, I went back to do some testing on the tracks I've tested before:

Austria - It's nearly perfect now, the Ai are very spicy and active with their moves and usually quite chaotic on the opening laps, but in a relatively realistic way and wasn't too ridiculous, love it.

Miami - Big issue, the Ai moves beyond the racing line in corners way too much (which massively slowed them down), and the worst of all is that they don't know how to get through the stadium section, they all just crashed into the inside wall of that tight chicane and DNF. Unfortunately, it's literally unplayable atm.

Bahrain - Same cornering issues as Miami, there's no wall to crash into but they will just gone off track and kinda lose control of their car in some of the corners. Definitely need fix and fine-tunes.

Last edited:
So I've just found out it was just my issue with the installing so the change wasn't applied correctly. Now that I've got it fixed, I went back to do some testing on the tracks I've tested before:

Austria - It's nearly perfect now, the Ai are very spicy and active with their moves and usually quite chaotic on the opening laps, but in a relatively realistic way and wasn't too ridiculous, love it.

Miami - Big issue, the Ai moves beyond the racing line in corners way too much (which massively slowed them down), and the worst of all is that they don't know how to get through the stadium section, they all just crashed into the inside wall of that tight chicane and DNF. Unfortunately, it's literally unplayable atm.

Bahrain - Same cornering issues as Miami, there's no wall to crash into but they will just gone off track and kinda lose control of their car in some of the corners. Definitely need fix and fine-tunes.
I’ll get working on it asap. Thanks for the feedback

I'm gonna be honest I have 0 clue why you have problems with miami, I've made some changes with their overtaking to see if that helps. Personally I haven't had issues like this at all. Maybe a mod you have is doing it idk. Could you look over these clips to see if I'm missing anything?

Also with bahrain if it's turn 10 you're talking about where they get on the outside curb and either spin or end up off track, there's not much I could do to prevent that. I've toned down the overtaking in that section to see if it helps.

Edit: I'm gonna do more testing before posting the update

Last edited:
I'm gonna be honest I have 0 clue why you have problems with miami, I've made some changes with their overtaking to see if that helps. Personally I haven't had issues like this at all. Maybe a mod you have is doing it idk. Could you look over these clips to see if I'm missing anything?

Also with bahrain if it's turn 10 you're talking about where they get on the outside curb and either spin or end up off track, there's not much I could do to prevent that. I've toned down the overtaking in that section to see if it helps.

Yea after watching your videos I think it might be caused by the performance mod I had in my game (because I made the cars much heavier). I might do a bit more testing later.

• Deleted member 1946917

Honestly yeah the Bahrain Turn 10 thing is just a game issue, tbh its kinda funny and shakes up the order so idm it too much, as long as it doesnt happen with almost every car every lap ofc.

WHO DOES AUTOMATIC EXCHANGE USE ANY SOLUTIONS FOR? I CAN'T PLAY, AI IS TOO FAST ON STRAIGHTS...PLAYING WITH VERSTAPPEN, I CAN'T PASS WILLIANS ON THE STRAIGHT.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 44 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.0%