Impressions on driving after 1.3

Matheus Machado

Talking Door Racing
AC just gone wrong with what made it stand out in the crowd: FFB.
All the details are gone, now it just feels like a slightly improvement on GSCE ffb.
Also, they mentioned the new tire model would cause LESS understeer on GT cars. Well, at least for me it works, until the car hits 100 kph where at some point it just magically starts to go straight, without a single tip or notice that it's going to happen.
At least to me, it is a huge stepback from what they have done so far.

PS: I would like to know if anyone is able to match GT2 pace around spa, where in WEC qualy this year, drivers were putting high 2:16s to low 2:17s

But the question is... why the helll am I so slow roght now?! I am 5 sec slower from WR with huracan... I was never so slow!
times are more realistic now .. so 5 seconds off WR makes perfect sense.. i`m not that fast and usually do only 3-4 laps quallyfications and than cut 1-2 seconds off that time in race, so I`m fine with 3-4 seconds of real world pole position times. I also use fast surface (which helps) and only tried default setups in AC since 1.3.

times are more realistic now .. so 5 seconds off WR makes perfect sense.. i`m not that fast and usually do only 3-4 laps quallyfications and than cut 1-2 seconds off that time in race, so I`m fine with 3-4 seconds of real world pole position times. I also use fast surface (which helps) and only tried default setups in AC since 1.3.
But there was no huracan pre patch :p And no barcelona track... I am doing something horribly wrong... I guess my driving style was crafted for previous patch. I have to relearn everything now, cause I was top 20 in rsr all the time and it is laughable :p

But there was no huracan pre patch :p And no barcelona track... I am doing something horribly wrong... I guess my driving style was crafted for previous patch. I have to relearn everything now, cause I was top 20 in rsr all the time and it is laughable :p
well generally speaking :)
Huracan is the only properly ballanced GT3 car at this moment :) the fastest
but yes, drive style needs adjustment ... specially if you were abusing downshifts little bit .. only difference for me is that I can brake latter, catching slides is easy and tyre temps accualy matters now .. so basically I can drive the same way (or even less carfully) i`m driving in other sims :)

Last edited:
A racing game who calls himself simulator, need the option to change the steering lock. If you seriously think that Hamilton uses the same ratio in Monza, than used in Monaco, simply it shows that you have no idea. Even drivers of the same team, on the same track, using different ratios as it is a matter of taste.

All simulators have this feature except AC. Even when each car will only be automatically adjusted, as in the R3e or in the next GSCE update. Skip this feature for me is nonsense.

It's funny how people started saying AC is a simcade since 1.3 but they are 5 or more secs slower. Drive faster guys, now it's easy, it's a simcade!!!!!jahajjaaj

Not talking about anyone, just in general because I have seen lot of comments in both ways.

It's funny how people started saying AC is a simcade since 1.3 but they are 5 or more secs slower. Drive faster guys, now it's easy, it's a simcade!!!!!jahajjaaj

Not talking about anyone, just in general because I have seen lot of comments in both ways.
Not commenting on simcade part, but gt3 cars are easier to drive and have bug that makes them 10kmh slower on straights..that, with engine protection could result in slower times ..

Not commenting on simcade part, but gt3 cars are easier to drive and have bug that makes them 10kmh slower on straights..that, with engine protection could result in slower times ..
Might that be a "rear wing creates more DF" bug, that isn't? :p

I believe GT3 cars are made specifically easy to drive (IRL, therefore in AC aswell). Those guys sit in there up to 3-4 hrs. Pretty sad really, once it was done in retardedly OP cars.

I am not sure that top speed is a bug but a more close to real life drag effects.

Personally, I do not find GT3 easier to drive, they feel different indeed, but still natural.

Any kind of change to the physics I take it as if there is a new tire compound behavior to be used between real life championships. At least this is what sometimes happens in real life.

Might that be a "rear wing creates more DF" bug, that isn't? :p

I believe GT3 cars are made specifically easy to drive (IRL, therefore in AC aswell). Those guys sit in there up to 3-4 hrs. Pretty sad really, once it was done in retardedly OP cars.
:) well it is either aero bug or roll resistance bug .. well my guess is in 2 days all GT3s will be fixed and ballanced with Lambo ..

I am not sure that top speed is a bug but a more close to real life drag effects.

Personally, I do not find GT3 easier to drive, they feel different indeed, but still natural.

Any kind of change to the physics I take it as if there is a new tire compound behavior to be used between real life championships. At least this is what sometimes happens in real life.

good god at least one person gets it.

Well, from my POV 1.3 is definitely better than 1.2 but both pale in comparison to the Release Candidate build.
That was the best one, and I kept a copy of it for offline testing to confirm.
Sounds were 100x better, grip/slip was more believable and natural feeling.
1.3 might have more clever things added to the tire model, but I think they lost that natural feel that made them so unique in their quest to have a "clever" tire model like other sims.
Perhaps the lesson is stick to what you're best at.

All imo of course. :)

I tried some more cars and adjusted ffb. New tire model is amazing. Cars are not floating on corners anymore. Definately huge improovement

I tried the BMW 235i racing on Road America & Nordschleife, the car is definitely around 10kmh slower in top speed and seems slower to accelerate, my lap times on RA are around 8 seconds higher, BUT the handling is vastly improved and the control and feel of the car seems MUCH better to me.

The combo that blew me away yesterday was the 458 at Nordschleife, the 458 is a like a brand new car. Understeer isn't an issue anymore, it's there but it's an enjoyable and controllable part of the experience now. Cars communicate much more detail now, it's easier because of that extra detail. Understeer and oversteer is more of a linear process, it's like there are more steps between the states,so there's more I can do to affect the car while it's transitioning.

I can't say for sure yet, but I feel faster because I'm making less errors, or the errors I do make are easier to rectify. I don't go flying off track as easily. Certainly on the 458 I feel faster, because I never really clicked with that car before.

Yup. I never really clicked with AC before. But some nagging by our community members, winding me up to the point of no return, I bought the whole package just to race them and prove them they suck in our league... But suddenly, AC feels pretty damn decent! :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back