Impressions on driving after 1.3

Matheus Machado

Talking Door Racing
AC just gone wrong with what made it stand out in the crowd: FFB.
All the details are gone, now it just feels like a slightly improvement on GSCE ffb.
Also, they mentioned the new tire model would cause LESS understeer on GT cars. Well, at least for me it works, until the car hits 100 kph where at some point it just magically starts to go straight, without a single tip or notice that it's going to happen.
At least to me, it is a huge stepback from what they have done so far.

PS: I would like to know if anyone is able to match GT2 pace around spa, where in WEC qualy this year, drivers were putting high 2:16s to low 2:17s

...so I tested and drove the vehicles in AC 1.3.3, and I am off my times by 3-5seconds now, which I set in AC 1.2. (tried old setup files for monza, spa and barcelona) and identical cars I drove befofe nothing different, way slower. tried some setups from guys posted here on RD even in Nissan GT3 and Lambo GT3, and am 4-5secs slower....??????? what is happening? anyone experience the same with 1.3.2/1.3.3??????

...so I tested and drove the vehicles in AC 1.3.3, and I am off my times by 3-5seconds now, which I set in AC 1.2. (tried old setup files for monza, spa and barcelona) and identical cars I drove befofe nothing different, way slower. tried some setups from guys posted here on RD even in Nissan GT3 and Lambo GT3, and am 4-5secs slower....??????? what is happening? anyone experience the same with 1.3.2/1.3.3??????

I think everyone is experiencing slower lap times, the BMW M235i racing is over 10kmh slower than it was before the update. But on the upside they handle much better IMHO.

The DEP on v1.3 was clearly incorrect on some cars as mentioned before. Now on 1.3.3 it is great on all the cars tried, and not bothered about it anymore.
v5 tyre model seems like an improvement, drives similar to GSC.

Understeer isn't an issue anymore, it's there but it's an enjoyable and controllable part of the experience now.
It was never an issue if the car was set up as a RWD with plenty of horsepower in their tires.
The front toe was almost at 0.3 positive. It never should be positive in RWD cars. After setting the alignment as proposed by Ferrari, the car used to feel much better. And some minor personal tweaks, the car was already heaven. But I don't doubt it has become even better after the update, as road cars, were not flying around anymore. (I'M LOOKING AT YOU LAFERRARI)

I can say the same as you for the Abarth 500, the car was very unstable before the update, even with the right setup. Now it is a nice car to drive, while still maintaining the real life car behaviour, who relies havily on a smooth weight transfer and has some kind of tail happiness, as it has lot of his weight standing in the front of the car.

Low speed cornering improved a lot. It's easier to feel the decrease of grip near the limit.
But before seemed to be more fun to drive casually. Now things are more smooth until you get the car to the limit. The fun is on the edge.

... as road cars, were not flying around anymore. (I'M LOOKING AT YOU LAFERRARI)

sws3d.jpg

I'll show myself out.....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back