Resource icon

DiRT Rally IMPACT Force Feedback 7.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks. Only saw Profiler settings in Overview Tab, didn't see in-game FFB/Vibration settings. All 100% including soft lock?
Whoops! You are completely right sorry!

All In-Game settings to 100%. Wheel Friction can be set to anything you like, but Self Aligning Torque, and Tyre Friction should be kept at the same %.

Thanks Templar - your keepin at it!! Good job. I thought V4 didnt work out like you intended, so will try this later tonight. I still use V3 with my tweaks as a default till you or someone else improves it. Very good so far.

T300 - ya feels great, agree with Ibracing! whats best way to keep all vibrations/bump type stuff and turn the dampening/Muddies when turning wheel, down just alittle. My thoughts - turn overall in profiler down 10-20% and increase most values in the xml about the same.

Logitech Momo user here - So, V5 is really way better than V4, things are working as you intended this time, i feel maybe the static wheel friction is a bit too high ATM but it's no big deal, also, the suspension feedback could be better with more "pushes" and less vibrations, in fact, i started to make my own custom ffb.xml just to test how can i make the suspension give a more direct feedback and i've been successful so far, do you mind if i take some things from your ffb file, couple with mine and release it later, @TemplarGFX ?

T300 - ya feels great, agree with Ibracing! whats best way to keep all vibrations/bump type stuff and turn the dampening/Muddies when turning wheel, down just alittle. My thoughts - turn overall in profiler down 10-20% and increase most values in the xml about the same.

Wheel Friction is the value to play with first and foremost. This adds a static friction onto the wheel. I took a while to get the default value working really well with the other values on my G27, however you can lower or increase this one without much effect on other things.

Next would be to lower Tyre Friction if things still feel too "muddy" I wouldn't go much further than tweaking this one past -10% from whatever you have Self Aligning Torque set to.

Logitech Momo user here - So, V5 is really way better than V4, things are working as you intended this time, i feel maybe the static wheel friction is a bit too high ATM but it's no big deal, also, the suspension feedback could be better with more "pushes" and less vibrations, in fact, i started to make my own custom ffb.xml just to test how can i make the suspension give a more direct feedback and i've been successful so far, do you mind if i take some things from your ffb file, couple with mine and release it later, @TemplarGFX ?
Of course not! Just make sure you share it with me so I can see what you've done! The more of us doing this, the better we will get it! Especially if you actually know stuff about cars LOL

10/10

Feels so natural when driving :thumbsup:
Thanks for the feedback! Glad you are liking it

V5 feels very, very weak with my Fanatec CSR. I played a round with a lot of settings in game and haven't had any luck yet. I even modified the DeviceSetup_v2.xml back to 1.0 for all Fanatec wheels and that didn't help either. I just have very little FFB with SAT set to 120% and other values around 80% to 90% when I was using about 55% in v4.0.

V5 feels very, very weak with my Fanatec CSR. I played a round with a lot of settings in game and haven't had any luck yet. I even modified the DeviceSetup_v2.xml back to 1.0 for all Fanatec wheels and that didn't help either. I just have very little FFB with SAT set to 120% and other values around 80% to 90% when I was using about 55% in v4.0.

Could you give me a quick "how it feels" in regards to what the settings in your fanatic profile thing do. You have additional options that we low-end Logitech users don't have.

I think I have no choice but to create a separate Fanatec sub file. The issue is basically this : I have a Logitech G27. Its brand new so nice and powerful and precise, however it still holds not a single bar on the Fanatec CSR in regards to low end torque response. This means that all subtle effects that are in any way sharp on a G27 are overpowering on the CSR. the really subtle stuff on the G27 are felt more because of the motor "wake up" effect rather than the wave generated for the effect, but you just feel the wave, which is more like a tiny bit of undulating resistance and not the bump I feel.

Your extra settings might be able to solve this by combining it with one or two changes tho!

What do i need to tweak to fix an interesting thing i keep coming across. The interesting this is that all the cars seem to be acting the same in that FFB keeps trying to apply the force to the right more than the left. I guess what I am saying is that it is by far easier to turn to the right than i is to the left. All bumps and jumps force the wheel to turn right. I have a G27 wheel and impact V5 loaded. Other than that it is an absolutely fantastic FFB rebuild.

Using Fanatec CSW V2 with V5 is def an improvement and better feel tho a lil on the weak side IMO. only after i max out ingame settings to 150% and on wheel settings increased force to 120% does it "wake" the wheel up. Only tried on gravel and wet gravel with E30 atm. Moved SAT and Tire Fric to ~135% and Over all good stuff Templar! Thanks again. (On wheel: Sen: off FF: 100 Dri: 3 Lin: 0 Dea: 0 For: 120 Spr: off) There really isn't a profiler like logitech other than setting total rotation and center spring, rest is done from on wheel settings in the form of Sensitivity (degrees of rotation) total Force Feedback (0-150%), Linearity, Deadzone, Spring, and Drift.

With T500rs IMPACT V5.0 is really good. No reason to use anything else.
After initial testing and adjusting (only in Wales, no fine tweaking in file nor ingame), I ended up with:
SAT 68
WF 40
TF 75
Sus 70
TS 75
Col 100
SL 100

Could you give me a quick "how it feels" in regards to what the settings in your fanatic profile thing do. You have additional options that we low-end Logitech users don't have.

I think I have no choice but to create a separate Fanatec sub file. The issue is basically this : I have a Logitech G27. Its brand new so nice and powerful and precise, however it still holds not a single bar on the Fanatec CSR in regards to low end torque response. This means that all subtle effects that are in any way sharp on a G27 are overpowering on the CSR. the really subtle stuff on the G27 are felt more because of the motor "wake up" effect rather than the wave generated for the effect, but you just feel the wave, which is more like a tiny bit of undulating resistance and not the bump I feel.

Your extra settings might be able to solve this by combining it with one or two changes tho!

I'm using 540 degrees with damping set to 100% (both set through the driver rather than the wheel) with my wheel settings listed below:

SEn: Off
FF: 100
Sho: 00
dri: 003
AbS: Off
Lin: 000
dEA: 000
SPr: Off
dPr: Off
ACL: Off

In game settings for v5.0 with very weak FFB:

SAT: 120
Wheel Friction: 65
Tire Friction: 60
Suspension: 65
Tire Slip: 65
Collision: 50
Soft Lock: 100

In game settings for v4.0:

SAT: 119
Wheel Friction: 51
Tire Friction: 45
Suspension: 57
Tire Slip: 52
Collision: 50
Soft Lock: 100

I didn't have a lot of time to play around with the settings in v5.0 so I just switched back to v4.0 temporarily because of the lack of free time. I'm definitely willing to try to help out though. You have made this game much more challenging for me because your FFB lets me push a lot harder through places I struggled through before using your FFB.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.