Illegal mods, steer clear of them. Simracing604, we stand with you too.

If people have had their intellectual property stolen or are aware of companies breaching copyright law, you can report them to the federation against copyright theft:

As for cars and tracks created by modders without the license from the owners of the rights (say Alfa Romeo, Lancia or Monza), that is not something we should care at all. It's on the owner of the license to decide if they want to take legal action against the modders or uploaders.
90% of the cars and tracks made by modders (even scratch made content, not ripped from nobody) are made without the licenses. And we players certainly never complained for this, especially when we had fun with the mod. So, what you gonna do RD? Turn down your download section? Because if you remove all the mods that don't come with the official license from the car manufacturer, the livery owner, the track owner, etcetera, there won't be much content left in it.

You certainly have a point. There are lots of gray areas in this topic.
I think we can agree that stealing someone else's work and selling it is bad.

Then there is taking content from one sim and converting it to another but for free. Is that bad? It is; the original developer is not profiting. But I own pretty much every title so when someone does this between two titles I own I don't feel guilty using it. But I have to admit the core practice is bad.

An individual making a free mod, not for sale, but also not having a contract or license to use the car or track? Is that really bad? That's much less clear. I mean, can I draw a picture of a Ferrari without having a license and share it on the internet? If I can, why can't I make a virtual car, without selling it, and share it?

There is so much stealing on the internet... half of youtube is ripping someone else off in one fashion or the other. Ever watch a movie clip posted by an individual? Listened to a song posted by someone who didn't make it? Congratulations, you just joined me in using stolen IP. And many of those people are profiting from those videos while the IP owner is not.

I've had Sim-Dreams:sleep: but never knew SimDreams existed probably because I dont download/buy mods anymore, too many good sims out there with good content and dont have that time to search for this and that. But I do remember putting a nice family reunion photo collage video together with music and I chose the song "Grease is the word" by Frankie Valli. It all came out real nice and I sent it out to the Fam with many kudos, then it was hit by the copyright police and had to remove the song and get a free one which wasn't the same. I'm sorry Frankie

Is this a reason for legal action? lol i guess not, but really wish it would...
1615120681755.png

Last edited:
Hi unfortunately they leecher a lot of my cars (from F1C), but I don't know how to stop this looting ...

[url = https: //postimg.cc/2V7RVJxW] https://i.postimg.cc/2V7RVJxW/Wallet-18.jpg [/ img] [/ url]

I am open to any of your initiatives ...
I don't know much about how these things work, but copyright infringements can be reported by the copyright holders or their representatives here:

Can we not all bombard their YT channel all at the same time and comment on their videos constantly?? I know it sounds immature, but want them to know we're not afraid of them.
I just looked at their last video and 1 guy question if they made the mod, and they claimed yes. I was going to make my own comment, but was worried being a lone warrior and my channel ( Abeit very tiny channel, proud of it all the same, but no where near the quality of Simraing604 and Randomcallsign ) being attacked.

Thank you RD for taking position against *********************, they are bullies and liars, represent what is worst about this community and people in general.
Here is to hoping they just disappear and no one ever send them money.
Also hoping YouTube clean the slate for @BigMike8 for doing what is right and helping this community at the peril of his channel.

Last edited:
Time to get proactive.
Their F1 car packs are clearly rips from the F1 2020 games. I'm sure members of this community have contacts with Codemasters devs or even FOM.
Let's get in touch with them, they may want to seek legal action given they blatantly profit from the work of other developers.
The same goes for RTM (pretty sure they are the same people)

Can we not all bombard their YT channel all at the same time and comment on their videos constantly?? I know it sounds immature, but want them to know we're not afraid of them.
I just looked at their last video and 1 guy question if they made the mod, and they claimed yes. I was going to make my own comment, but was worried being a lone warrior and my channel ( Abeit very tiny channel, proud of it all the same, but no where near the quality of Simraing604 and Randomcallsign ) being attacked.

"Did you actually make this mod?"

"As you can see, it's available in our store. "

What kind of answer is that? :rolleyes:
I guess they feeling a little bit guilty after all :roflmao:

Curious, does anyone know if modders pay taxes for their income?

Small donations can add up and as far as I know, at some point our (the dutch) government wants to know.

Donations don't add up to ****. There are some guys here who have worked thousands of hours on mods and received less than 100 euros in donations, despite 20000 downloads of their mod. If the government want to tax earnings of 0.1 Euros per hour then I suggest they look elsewhere...

Can we not all bombard their YT channel all at the same time and comment on their videos constantly??
every comment is not public by default, they review every one of them, if they dont like, they dont let it be published...i tried, it was not unlocked, so only dislikes help.

But you can report on the yt-channel's "about" page with the "flag", i did...
1615122036640.png

Last edited:
every comment is not public by default, they review every one of them, if they dont like, they dont let it be published...i tried, it was not unlocked, so only dislikes help. But you can report on "about" page with the "flag", i did...
View attachment 452310
Thank you, Just flagged as Scam and selected all videos. I'm sure nothing will get done, but I feel at least I've done something towards helping Mike.

Donations don't add up to ****. There are some guys here who have worked thousands of hours on mods and received less than 100 euros in donations, despite 20000 downloads of their mod. If the government want to tax earnings of 0.1 Euros per hour then I suggest they look elsewhere...

Let me correct myself, I actually meant to say small payments. For instance, i bought some mods at URD for AC. Around 4 euro a per car. How much would these modders make?

The work is the same, right? Create a mod, release it, either sell it or offer it for free.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.