Illegal mods, steer clear of them. Simracing604, we stand with you too.

Let me correct myself, I actually meant to say small payments. For instance, i bought some mods at URD for AC. Around 4 euro a per car. How much would these modders make?

The work is the same, right? Create a mod, release it, either sell it or offer it for free.

Still, I don't think the answer is very much money. 3D modelling is skilled work, somebody working full time for a studio may make the national average salary, or maybe less? A modder charging for his works would probably not make enough to live on, and certainly not enough to pay tax on, at least in the UK. (I think the threshold is around 12000 GBP per year)
Say a track takes 1000 hours to make. Let's say the minimum wage is 5 Euros an hour (I know it's higher in most EU countries) You'd need to sell the track 1000 times at 5 Euros to make the minimum wage. There are decent historical FREE tracks for sims that haven't even hit 1000 downloads in 2 years since they were released, so the idea that there's a large amount of money sloshing around and that creators of pay mods are driving Lamborghinis with their earnings is very fanciful.
At best, a paid modder might recover his costs for electricity, software, hardware, research materials, and then have some beer money left over, but very little to cover his time working.

However, if like the group in this discussion, you are just ripping mods, copying and pasting, and then selling on a legitimate looking website with lots of traffic from naive customers, then yes, they are probably earning quite a lot compared to the actual work they have put in.

Only just saying to myself really enjoying the work of Mike @Simracing604 and what he does for sim community and doesn't get the credit he deserves compared to people like Eric Hamidovic, GamerM....

Need more bigger tubers who play AC to show support.

Disliked and reported their vids as misleading, won't do much.. anything else to show support.

Great to see everyone else in RD showing their support.

Hope all you guys who are on here have also visited YT and reported their channel.
This leads to the "flag" on the channels "about" page i mentioned here.

• Deleted member 217114

Hehe. People talking about bombarding, hacking, canceling, etc etc their channel, twitter and what not. Ofcourse you can be vocal but this isn't the way. Just the same what all these SJW's, BLM, Vegans, Peta, and what not all doing on social media. Cancelling people, companies, etc etc

Ofcourse this is bad and the people stealing mods and such are bad, but lets be civil. :D Internet is really a crazy place for virtual pitchforks, lol.

Writing newsreport about this issue is great to raise awareness, but canceling, bombarding, hacking etc etc isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe. People talking about bombarding, hacking, canceling, etc etc their channel, twitter and what not. Ofcourse you can be vocal but this isn't the way. Just the same what all these SJW's, BLM, Vegans, Peta, and what not all doing on social media. Cancelling people, companies, etc etc

Ofcourse this is bad and the people stealing mods and such are bad, but lets be civil. :D Internet is really a crazy place for virtual pitchforks, lol.
Lol-ing from a distance isn't a solution.
And silence either.

Laws can go up to a certain point.
Country borders makes a big limit on where you can apply those laws, and necessary money to actually pursue someone makes another hassle for most companies, so they won't bother.

So a tiny effort from each of us to call them out publicly, and making their life a bit more annoying is a tiny win.

However, if like the group in this discussion, you are just ripping mods, copying and pasting, and then selling on a legitimate looking website with lots of traffic from naive customers, then yes, they are probably earning quite a lot compared to the actual work they have put in.

So are they, like the news item title says, illegal mods or unwanted mods? I think unwanted. As long as modder 2 edits some stuff, just like modder 1 did with the original from kunos, aren't they doing the same? If you change it, it's not yours anymore or am I missing the point here?

Again, I find the value of honesty in our community far more important than some copycats making a quick buck. But I also find the claims of illegality a bit...double sided. If that is english ;-)

So are they, like the news item title says, illegal mods or unwanted mods? I think unwanted. As long as modder 2 edits some stuff, just like modder 1 did with the original from kunos, aren't they doing the same? If you change it, it's not yours anymore or am I missing the point here?

Again, I find the value of honesty in our community far more important than some copycats making a quick buck. But I also find the claims of illegality a bit...double sided. If that is english ;-)
I'd say the worst part is the fact they get away with fudging over other folks just for being honest and sharing an opinion. I've watched Mike's stuff for years now, and i've enjoyed mods for years all for free and these muthfudgers come along and take all the credit, then profitier from it, and then, actually go after and attack anyone not doing any of this. Its like the robber going to the police and shopping the person who told the police what they'd seen!

Illegality is perhaps going a bit far, unless it's licensed or original content that is being stolen, and is a clear case of copyright infringement/theft. Some modding is like the example you gave, but in a lot of cases modder1 hasn't touched anything from Kunos, it is a brand new, scratch made creation with thousands of hours of work, born uniquely on his PC in Blender or 3DS Max! Having that stolen, ripped, tweaked slightly and sold by modder 2 is just plain wrong. Surely you see that?

What this group has done is like someone breaking into your house, keeping your wife hostage and taking a restraining order out against you. And the youtube/mediafire/forumotion etc police are enforcing that order.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back