Illegal mods, steer clear of them. Simracing604, we stand with you too.

Seen some skins for the 2020 mod here in RD...

Don´t know if it is correct or not..

I don't know if it will work or could work, but you could message the legal departments of all the car manufacturers of the mods they are selling, since the don't own any of the licenses at all. If free mods were taken down before their release, like that porsche mod a couple years ago, it could be a way to take them down. But on the other hand it could also mean that a lot of other modding teams get in trouble for selling branded cars without a proper license. 2 edged blade of some sort.

Well what does exist SimDream? Easy, people buy mods, if no one buy mods SD will not have reason to be, anyway the thin line between legal and ilegal is so close, 95% of mods are converted from another games just 5% are true mods built from zero, but we must think about what is the word legal, people make tracks or cars but they don't ask permission to official trade mark, so why SimDream will be offended when we use this content free? They didn't pay rights so why i have to pay for their "legal mods"? Anyway we must pay dlc or buy games to support companies or we will kill simracing, they have the rights and they only. So now YT are trying to close Simracing604 for tell the truth? What kind of people are supporting youtube? Modders that selling content without paying rights? I love how is the edge from YT free rights, they must support Simracing604 and not piraty like SimDream....
and for simracing community think more in buying games and less modding, remember a little company when they release Netkar Pro, and now is a giant that make us enjoy simracing, we wanna support it or wanna kill them?

I have been flagging a few of the scammers YouTube videos correctly as the fraud that they are and filled reports into their activity. If anyone feels like doing the same might not come to anything but if more reports are raised on their channel this might make YouTube take more action than just resolve the case and look further into it. Bit of solidarity from all us we can get rid of the trash out of the community or at least take YouTube away from them which would be a big step in right direction.
yep, I just flagged and reported all their videos. their yt channel is this btw https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKwjSDBOVkfywePVjQ9epKg/featured

I'm sorry to tell you, but a cover song by a tribute band played in a pub with no entry fee is still infringing on the rights of the copyright owner, unless the band was given explicit permission by the copyright owner.

It doesn't matter if you make money off something that is infringing on copyrights or not. At all. It might mean the copyright holder might be a bit more lenient about it if they want to be extra nice, but they have no obligation to.

Reminds me of those disclaimers people sometimes put on videos, song covers and other things on YT (and other sites), claiming that "no copyright infringement intended, all rights still belong to (whoever owns them)". I guess they think it makes it OK for the thing to exist and they're safe from copyright infringement, but actually no, they're not at all. If anything, that disclaimer translates to "I hereby state I'm fully aware I'm infringing on someone's copyright here and shouldn't be doing this".
And singing under the shower is a copyright infrigement as neighbors can hear you.

Seriously if this is the kind of world we live in, we'd better plan on moving to Mars soon. :D

The abuse of the Youtube strike system is well known. It is no surprise that it is occasionnally used by some who make a business out of actual copyright infrigements.

This is just abhorrent! I think I can see how they legally got away with this.... DOESNT MAKE IT RIGHT!
I STAND WITH MIKE! No matter how they did this Mike has no bad intentions in what he does, I see bad intentions written all over these scumbags though!

Think i've got summit brewing for these Sim Dream muthafudgers, lets see if they can copywrite an original. Sorry, I feel really angry about this, but im worried they've legally forced another party into a headlock they can't get out of to get their own way. Either way, this is discusting practice!

Has there not been a coordinated effort to report Sim Dream's illegal activities to their web host, which apparently is godaddy. As well as alerting the companies that own the IP of the content being sold by Sim Dream.
registered in US from Brasov, Moldavia
1615114174337.png

I see a pretty clear difference here. This a free mod which is inspired by gp3 and is completely scratch built using none of the original parts - essentially a cover song sung by tribute band in a pub with no entry fee.

Mod team rip content from other games and other modding teams and upload as their own and charge people for it. - essentially reuploading someone else’s song, passing it off as their own and charging people to buy it.
We are guilty if we pay for that mods

How can we organize to support Mike? Hes a great YouTuber. This article and Random Callsign’s video provide brave support and are a great start. But is there a way we can organize the community to help? Even contributing to a legal fund to help Mike fight back? Putting it out there.
Easy way to Mike is say goodbye to YT and jump to twitch or similar, sure YT kills lost thousands views

The reason why Sim Dream has been so successful is because people have been afraid of calling them out. I fell for their mods in the early days and they’re absolute garbage, completely regret it, but I didn’t know at the time.

They’ll keep going though, sadly.

So if I go to the ********************* web site, specifically, what is example content that was stolen? I would be interested in seeing the original mod and what the content looks like on the ********************* web site.

In the photography world, if a photo is manipulated enough, it is considered unique. Has ********************* manipulated the original content significantly?
Choose a random mod, sure they didn't built from scratch, they only know converting content from others games, but with ugly physics and you wanna pay for it?

The reason why Sim Dream has been so successful is because people have been afraid of calling them out. I fell for their mods in the early days and they’re absolute garbage, completely regret it, but I didn’t know at the time.

They’ll keep going though, sadly.
The successful for SD is someone pays for that kind of ripped content, same people that think games are too expensive

I don't know if it will work or could work, but you could message the legal departments of all the car manufacturers of the mods they are selling, since the don't own any of the licenses at all. If free mods were taken down before their release, like that porsche mod a couple years ago, it could be a way to take them down. But on the other hand it could also mean that a lot of other modding teams get in trouble for selling branded cars without a proper license. 2 edged blade of some sort.
One of the brands that could swiftly take them down is Ferrari, but they've been smart about it and just removed all logos and branding.
Not sure if brands like Renault and Mazda would really care tbh, but it's worth a shot.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back