Illegal mods, steer clear of them. Simracing604, we stand with you too.

Screenshot_2021-03-09 Contact – Assetto Corsa Mods.png

For those that haven't been on their site, this is straight from Sim Dream's contact page. So they BLATANTLY SAY THEY RIP PEOPLE OFF.

Last edited:
How do we inform YouTube this is an abuse of their Copyright system? Assettocorsamods dot org has a YouTube channel where they shill their flagrantly-ripped content.

At the very least, that channel needs to die immediately

Secondly, I suggest we all contact PayPal to let them know that Assettocorsamods dot org are selling copyrighted content in violation of US law.

Their site uses PayPal both for direct payments and (seemingly) credit card processsing. At the very least, their account should be suspended pending an investigation by PayPal.

PayPal likely doesn’t want to be involved with aiding and abetting criminal activity of this sort.

I guess it's human but problems usually don't get solved by making them bigger.
Problem: The (practically) final verdict on good and bad is has been transferred from the legal system to undereducated and overstrained people working for private companies.

If you have bought anything from them within the last 180 days, you will probably be eligible for a refund.
Here's how it's done if you paid via PayPal:
https://www.choice.com.au/shopping/online-shopping/buying-online/articles/paypal-buyer-protection

Here's a video on the subject:

If possible, be sure to mention that they sold you pirated software.

THANK YOU FELLOW SIM RACER!!!!! I'm going to (attempt to) get back what I spent there on a few mods before I knew better.

Last edited:
I bought a F1 67 mod from them, some years ago. After trying it in-game, I realized that the models are all stolen or ripped content.

When I confronted SimDreams about this and asked if it was all legal, they directly threatened me with legal actions and lawyer.

When I then opened a case on PayPal to get my money back, they portrayed me as the culprit. PayPal immediately froze my account. I did not get one cent back and had problems with PayPal for half a year.

The Assetto Corsa Classic classic sport car mod sold by that team use among other cars:

Matra Djet from my team : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rene-bonnet-djet-aerodjet-matra-djet-v-ms610.23269/

Triumph TR4 from my team: https://www.racedepartment.com/down...ends-by-scottc-ducfreak-and-butch-v2-0.21845/

Maybe, I wouldn't have refuse this convertion, even if we didn't make it for money. Our old meshes doesn't fit so bad in the Kunos Simulazioni's game, even if the tr4's polycount is too much low.
But Sim Dream Modding never contacted us or respond our mail.
I confess this kind of attitude (....devious, petty, mercantile ...), is rather unmotivating.

This is at least a lack of education.

Last edited:
I bought a F1 67 mod from them, some years ago. After trying it in-game, I realized that the models are all stolen or ripped content.

When I confronted SimDreams about this and asked if it was all legal, they directly threatened me with legal actions and lawyer.

When I then opened a case on PayPal to get my money back, they portrayed me as the culprit. PayPal immediately froze my account. I did not get one cent back and had problems with PayPal for half a year.
Wow, that's pretty incredible. Hopefully it's a bit different now, with all the bad publicity they have received. I guess if anybody wants proof that the mods are pirated, you have to take a look at the files and show that they originate from somewhere else. I'd like to offer my assistance if anybody gets in trouble, but I'm no expert.

This is at least a lack of education.
No it's not. He has been doing it for more than a decade now, and if you have noticed, he has found out every loophole to use in his agenda, and probably got a few shady lawyers on his side. This is getting a bit scary, he managed to take down yt channels and freeze people's paypal accounts, this needs to be stopped.

Last edited:
...you have to take a look at the files and show that they originate from somewhere else...

That's what I did. I even wrote this in my PayPal case. SimDreams then answered that they made all the models themselves and I'm just trying to rip them off and getting the mod for free. PayPal believed them and froze my account.

Later I got an email from SimDreams that I should close the case or live with the consequences. They will immediately take legal action.

I complied with their demands, because I had no desire to pay a lawyer for this or get in trouble.

Those are not just some Kids ripping content, they're professional criminals, knowing exactly how to scare people.

To bad I don't have my old PayPal or eMail accounts anymore. Maybe it could've helped to show their criminal intentions.

Last edited:
I don't know any of the legalities of the current situation so will reserve comment on this but if Youtube takes you down Mike you just need to let us know where you will digitally reside via RaceDepartment. I'd imagine there's a few thousand people who will not hesitate to follow you there immediately.

Only a court issued cease and desist should enable Youtube to take down someone's channel based on a 3rd party complaint. Why they think they need to get involved in issues that should be handled in court is the problem. For centuries there have been legal proceedings to handle defamation and libel, and just because this is internet based changes nothing.

That's what I did. I even wrote this in my PayPal case. SimDreams then answered that they made all the models themselves and I'm just trying to rip them off and getting the mod for free. PayPal believed them and froze my account.

Later I got an email from SimDreams that I should close the case or live with the consequences. They will immediately take legal action.

I complied with their demands, because I had no desire to pay a lawyer for this or get in trouble.

Those are not just some Kids ripping content, they're professional criminals, knowing exactly how to scare people.

To bad I don't have my old PayPal or eMail accounts anymore. Maybe it could've helped to show their criminal intentions.
Sorry to hear that, this story just keeps getting stranger....

******** EDIT ******************

Actually, some of are beginning to doubt your story.
According to one well informed user:

"I now suspect the person invented that story to scare people into not disputing their purchases from SimDream. .....You won't get your account suspended for telling the truth, even if PayPal decides not to intervene."
(see page 25 for the whole post)

Regarding the threats you allegedly received, if the fraudulent seller should threaten legal action, I can't imagine they would get very far in any civilized country.

I don't think this story should keep others from requesting a refund for illegal mods.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, this story just keeps getting stranger....
not really strange, not much different than professionals from the same region setting up whole call centres to do scam calls or downright grandparent scams (the sort of "Hi, grandma, it's me, I got in trouble and need money. Please send it to this account" stuff)

It works, it produces income, they are in no danger, so why stop?

Just read their Terms of Use:

"Opening a dispute on Paypal will result in a permanent ban and account deletion"

Yes, and intimidation attempts / threats of legal action. They should write that in as well.

I don't know how they could keep this business running for a decade, without getting banned by PayPal or Credit card services.

Edit, I've just read this elsewhere:

"Sim Dream have now taken steps to falsely copyright strike other mod makers and content creators to take down their original content."

They striked Bazzas GPL 1500cc mod.

"So, not only did they steal his mods but they've also taken action to remove Bazza's mods and claim they have the copyrights to them."

Last edited:
"So, not only did they steal his mods but they've also taken action to remove Bazza's mods and claim they have the copyrights to them."

That's nothing new. I remember doing a livestream of a R3E club race here some years ago. Some random company claimed the rights to it. I always turn off music in games as I usually sit on voicechat, so I find music distracting me from that. So that company just randomly claimed a couple of minutes of R3E racing at Norisring.

I disputed it, and they didn't do anything, so after 30 days it was released and I got it to be "all mine"...

@Ole Marius Myrvold

That's a shady practice too, but not exactly the same.

SimDream would've just stolen your video, but would claim you stole it from them. Then they would get all of your original uploads deleted. Meanwhile, they would sell the stolen stuff under their name. And if you complain, they threaten legal action.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 191 67.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 122 43.0%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 131 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 55 19.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 78 27.5%
Back