Illegal mods, steer clear of them. Simracing604, we stand with you too.

It's because they're **** at modding, if they were any good they'd make it themselves from scratch, but they're not. So they hack it together and make a quick buck off the unsuspecting folk who are not privvy to the details we all are.
Speaking of that. Is it a good idea to extract from somewhere like forza motorsport 4 for car models. Like for someone tying to get a modded car in for the first time like for free.
There's tutorials for this on YouTube. Literally. So are those channels kinda complict or?
Also forgot to add/sites that actually hold the files and models for forza games.

Last edited:
Speaking of that. Is it a good idea to extract from somewhere like forza motorsport 4 for car models. Like for someone tying to get a modded car in for the first time like for free.
There's tutorials for this on YouTube. Literally. So are those channels kinda complict or?
Also forgot to add/sites that actually hold the files and models for forza games.

That's when things start going into a grey area IMO.

I'm not exactly old, but old enough to remember when (on other sites) the download sections for most sims were full of ripped/converted content. I seem to remember driving cars from NASCAR Sim Racing in GTR 2, a GTR 2 track pack for rFactor, GTR2/GT Legends cars in Race 07, etc, and it definitely wasn't taboo back then. I'm not going to pretend I didn't download these.

I think the big problem here is that he sells them for quite a serious amount.

We have an update on the situation from YouTube via Twitter
0435AA1A-67EB-4C13-BAF8-1919F64426B4.jpeg

Very glad to see that Mike hopefully has a real chance for a positive outcome.

I get why YouTube would prefer to have a guilty-until-proven-innocent policy when it comes to this kind of stuff, but it causes so many issues like this. Who knows how many hundreds of smaller channels over the years have been victims of unjust situations like this. Really wish YouTube could reevaluate the way they deal with issues of copyright.

Just a reminder that even back in 2019, over 500 hours of video were uploaded to YouTube every single minute of every single day, 24/7. I would not be surprised if it was double that now.

GTR2/GT Legends cars in Race 07, etc, and it definitely wasn't taboo back then.

This was, afaik, OK to do, as long as you included a DVD-check (not many did that though).
For quite a while it was even allowed to convert SimBin stuff to other studios games, like rFactor as long as you included the DVD-Check. Which is why the HistorX mod was fine from SimBins pov. You needed a DVD-Check to prove you owned GTL to be able to install the mod.
However, after a while SimBin didn't allow cross-conversion anymore. Converting stuff from older SimBin titles and to newer titles was still allowed though.

I think once these guys are gone from youtube we make sure they are blacklisted and release whatever Content they have made and release it publicly. Even maybe work to make these mods legit instead of shitty conversions

How do we inform YouTube this is an abuse of their Copyright system? Assettocorsamods dot org has a YouTube channel where they shill their flagrantly-ripped content.

At the very least, that channel needs to die immediately

Secondly, I suggest we all contact PayPal to let them know that Assettocorsamods dot org are selling copyrighted content in violation of US law.

Their site uses PayPal both for direct payments and (seemingly) credit card processsing. At the very least, their account should be suspended pending an investigation by PayPal.

PayPal likely doesn’t want to be involved with aiding and abetting criminal activity of this sort.

Last edited:
I recently caught a guy using my Queensland Raceway buildings etc in a really badly built QR track for AC used for drifting.

When I confronted them I was laughed at etc etc. I then informed him that I got permission from QR themselves to build Lakeside under license and QR, and if they wanted them involved legally. They are in Australia.

After some PM's, we came to an agreement and they could use my scratch built objects from the RF1 version.

Ultimately my tracks will end up in AC (Lakeside is being done now...and guess what..they asked first) Not that hard to do the right thing.

How do we inform YouTube this is an abuse of their Copyright system? Assettocorsamods dot org has a YouTube channel where they shill their flagrantly-ripped content.

Secondly, I suggest we all contact PayPal to let them know that Assettocorsamods dot org are selling copyrighted content in violation of US law.

Their site uses PayPal both for direct payments and (seemingly) credit card processsing. At the very least, their account should be suspended pending an investigation by PayPal.

PayPal likely doesn’t want to be involved with aiding and abetting criminal activity of this sort.
YouTube is the problem here, again you are suggesting the cancellor to cancel someone else in return. YouTube is at fault!

Mike himself has asked to flag their channel for harassment to help him out, you can find the flag on the about section of the channels main page.

YouTube is the problem here, again you are suggesting the cancellor to cancel someone else in return. YouTube is at fault!
No one is going to deny that youtube is part of the problem here but it certainly isn't THE problem.

Simdream is the problem - or rather the main one- with their shady tactics of stealing and selling content as their own and also trying to take down whoever speaks against them.

Youtube's way of dealing with copyright issues is clearly bad but in reality, the problem is much deeper than the site itself.

@Marlonracer it's a shame you went to all the trouble to post and write all of that, which I am not going to quote, as nobody actually cares. Your ramblings are an insignificance and a poor attempt to highjack a thread about a serious issue affecting a valued community member for your own ends. Shame on you.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 184 66.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 118 42.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 127 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 54 19.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 76 27.6%
Back