Illegal mods, steer clear of them. Simracing604, we stand with you too.

Reporting a channel on YouTube is anonymous (it states that when you do your report). Same as disliking a video.
If you comment on their channel, that is the only time you are not anonymous.

i remember one of the iracing devs (IDK who). Talking about how they stole the BMW gt3. Does anyone know whats happened with that?

Also, I've tried some of their mods don't worry I didn't pay for them. I'm not that silly I hope. But god they were shocking.

The mod disappeared from the Sim Dream website before action could be taken.

Thanks for the emails. I'll drop one to f1 and Microsoft. Haven't RTM stole from GT6/ sport?

Someone should make a generic email to send to everyone involved

I also think some generic emails sent round would be a good idea.

I can type out a quick YouTube report on Sim Dreams channel, but suffer from dyslexia to some degree plus with these available for everybody this would encourage more people to send more emails outbound which is more chance of some of these companies picking it up.

I also think some generic emails sent round would be a good idea.

I can type out a quick YouTube report on Sim Dreams channel, but suffer from dyslexia to some degree plus with these available for everybody this would encourage more people to send more emails outbound which is more chance of some of these companies picking it up.
Agreed, plus it is better to write developed mails, with links to their website, Youtube Channel and so on. The easier we make it for them, the better

So here are my thoughts on a generic email.

Dear (insert company here)

It has come to my attention that content thas been taken without consent from (insert game here) by A company called Sim Dream Developments. This content can be found at https:/ /www. assettocorsamods .org/. (take spaces out) They have had prior issues with stealing models from Iracing, and modders from other games.

From (Insert your name here)

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Quite disheartening to read the comments in the simdream youtube channel congratulating them for “awesome work, totally worth the money, you guys are amazing”. A lot of unsuspecting people are still buying these mods, and oblivious to what’s happening. Why can’t their channel be copyright striked?

One of the biggest nonos in any modding scene is stealing stuff. Stealing stuff and asking for money is when companies come in and can ruin the experience for everybody.

I am pretty sure Sony and Polyphony Digital never agreed for Gran Turismo content to be sold for Assetto Corsa. Stuff like that puts the whole scene in trouble. They'd not only go after people who are asking for money, but for any form of representation of their IP unofficially attributed to this game. Openly walking past such an obvious red line isn't even just about making money, which is already dubious for such a group as this, but it can potentially sabotage what the community is even able to do or make for the game.

One of the biggest nonos in any modding scene is stealing stuff. Stealing stuff and asking for money is when companies come in and can ruin the experience for everybody.

I am pretty sure Sony and Polyphony Digital never agreed for Gran Turismo content to be sold for Assetto Corsa. Stuff like that puts the whole scene in trouble. They'd not only go after people who are asking for money, but for any form of representation of their IP unofficially attributed to this game. Openly walking past such an obvious red line isn't even just about making money, which is already dubious for such a group as this, but it can potentially sabotage what the community is even able to do or make for the game.
I mean just look at the tracks people have made. That are based on gt tracks. You have Seattle, all the iconic tracks and maggiore come to mind. They could easily have people going after them because of it. And you know they will say well if we cant do it they why can they.

So if I go to the ********************* web site, specifically, what is example content that was stolen? I would be interested in seeing the original mod and what the content looks like on the ********************* web site.

In the photography world, if a photo is manipulated enough, it is considered unique. Has ********************* manipulated the original content significantly?

this is by far not all the content they have stolen but is the one that I'm aware of:
-GP 1986 mod its ripped from the 1987 ferrari from ACR
-Ferrari sf1000 and the whole physics for the 2020 f1 mod is ripped from the sf90 from ACR + models from the codemasters f1 2020 game
-GP 2005, 2007 and 2008 mod its ripped from VRC 2005 and 2007 ferrari, mclaren and renault
-GP 1990, 1992 and 1993 its ripped from ASR 90's F1 cars + some of the RSS 1990 physics
-GP 1997 its ripped from VRC Ferrari and Mclaren from the same season
-GP 1967, now this is a tricky one, this might not be true but as far as Im aware Bazza and the f1classicforum did a rework of SD 1967 mod and released it free with better sounds, physics and models, then SD stole the updated version and copyright them (If anybody has a better source or history of the mod please post it)
-GP 2001, 2002 and 2003 is ripped from MSF 2002 williams mod

Sadly, they're not the only ones and there's plenty of similar clowns out there.
People such as this individual, who's stealing, converting and selling a number of mods from rF1 and GTR2, including (but not limited to) GTPC and SuperTouring, as well as the old TRD3 V8 Supercars which were also converted to GTR2 as a free mod.
This is just an example, but there's plenty of them out there.

AC is literally flooded with this payware garbage, with people stealing from each other and from commercial titles and nobody ever does anything about it. And the cold truth is that plenty of that stuff is still indirectly being supported right here at RD. Hundreds of skins are being uploaded on a daily basis for dozens of these mods. All the Rollovers mods featured either stolen models from Raceroom or rFactor 2 and GTR2 just to name some.

Plenty of other mods scattered around all feature stolen models from Real Racing 3, rFactor 2, Gran Turismo 6 and Sport, Forza Motorsport 7 (and below/above given it's multiple titles from the same franchise) and many more.

Highly regarded mods from Bazza or SBH are great and all, but despite them being free they all feature content converted from GTL (both from Simbin and other mods), P&G (a GTR2 mod), HistoriX (an rF1 mod) and GPL.

Literally dozens of skins are being uploaded daily for "AC mods" that are actually ACC conversions.

RD is far from being "very careful about not tolerating piracy". Granted it's technically not your fault, something needs to change in the process for submitting a new mod to your website, especially given how easy it is to fool the system and the average user that doesn't know better.

That's why though I feel that Sim Dream have gotten so confident because as a community we have been afraid to speak out against them in fear of others or the whole scene being affected. Personally I feel it's a risk worth while to take, there is too much of a legal grey area for mods that don't charge and other honest payware teams. While Sim Dream are being so blatant about it on their own website for numerous brands and stolen content for anyone to see is on sale. I'm not saying it's entirely without risk, but if we don't do anything this will just go on while they continue to make more money and have more of a influence in the community dictating what direction it goes to the point where it won't be worth having a part in it anymore.

It's already caused a negative effect as for one thing although I still disagree I'm actually starting to see why often they block mod creation and user content in their games these days to avoid this opportunistic scam artists be associated with their games. Official DLC will usually sell no matter given how I bought all the original Assetto packs, it can't be the only reason for these decisions and then I feel issues like this affect those being made.

We need to get screencaps pronto. So we have proof if they are getting rid of mods. Wayback machine here we come. Also, I'm claiming that he took that mod because I mentioned Sony. Ill set up a google drive with site photos.

The page count is shrinking, idk what else got removed already, there were 9 pages 2 hours ago
"
1615134840837.png
"

A personal message to admins.

Please, have a look at this topic regarding what happened with SimRacing604:
Ideas to mitigate leeching effectively

Seven years ago this issue was ignored by the community and the topic was closed. https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/anyone-pay-for-mods-from-sim-dream-store.95954/

Supporting a user without acting to prevent or mitigate these practices from what is known as the biggest community in sim-racing is an absolutely useless action in the long run. You must act if you are able to do so.

It is not a question of attacking and exposing yourself to one particular group of parasites and unsuccessful scoundrels, but of defending yourself and raising awareness every time someone posts or downloads something.

I don't mind earning some grim looks or sarcastic comments with my statements if you think I deserve it because of my tone. I apologize in such a case, I just want to grab your attention. All I want is to stir conscience. Even just to be consequent with my own values. My interest is to help make this a better community. In these moments I see the whole community glads at you for giving space to this problem. But I believe it can be done better. I hope the ideas I shared here (link) are viable to you.

Please, if you see this message answer me when you can. What do you think? What is your opinion about these ideas?

Thank you very much for giving visualization to this issue.

Sorry for my bad English.

Kind regards, All the best.

Cristian.

@Bram Hengeveld, please read this message.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea