I want to like RF2.....

RF2 drives me round the bend. It's a nightmare to use, completely illogical, almost impossible to set up a multiplayer race properly - I could go on.

But it is also such a visceral driving experience. I took the Alpine A110 round the 24H version of the Nurburgring yesterday and it was incredible. Simply incredible. I love driving this game to bits, and for me, I am happy to put up with it's foibles to enjoy that experience.

RF2 drives me round the bend. It's a nightmare to use, completely illogical, almost impossible to set up a multiplayer race properly - I could go on.
Just to partly support your intention by this post I would gladly admit that rF2 would probably still be on my HD to be used from time to time - if it wasnt because the game again and again began to crash and in the end even refuted to let me on track.
Hehe and after a few reinstalls I gave up completely - eventhough I had been a happy camper realising all the redundant HD space this game did occupy. :roflmao:
\irony

Last edited:
Um pep talk and instruction time. Same here if I want to have fun though I am better off playing halo on steam or assassins creed, rf2 is tedious at best.

In saying that you might want to set the formula pro post patch to rear anti roll up two points, brakes forward to 59, camber down to 3.2-3.3 for donnington on front, rear wing 58 now and since its a 22 model lift the front wing as well 26.5 in order to stabilize the front, then lower the whole car if you want some, then lower front tire pressure to 125 same as back basically --- so the car is technically better as a model from the coders but the settings got worse for me after they made the whole thing better, causing me to need to change them and this is why AC has fewer settings and people always ask for the good setup like in ACC... so its always a balance but with rf2 you need to do a little which is ok:

THEN:::: >> Here's the kicker - LOWER the A.I a LOT, more than half because f-knows, like literally fk-knows how you are meant to catch them at donnington in the f1 Pro they are so fast its like warp drive while you have a technically decent setup but bugger all hope at winning a race.

Examples: The good ffb spot changed for f1 pro, used to be 88 or something for me pre patch, then the car got better I suppose or more vast in terms of what it did, so the range changed, and I had to put rear wing higher, so now I use 94 ffb calibration number for the f1 pro. Rf2 has a 2000 Hz polling of the ffb. So the latest dallara ir18 after the update an example of why settings get wrong or the f1 pro: I have to turn up the ffb a little now on the dallara to make it heavier right now; is lack of ffb feel a factor for you? 87 up to 111 now lol ok trying also 106 to see how low - with torque steering, wheels skipping, bumps turning the wheel involuntarily, ffb strength and settings play a BIG part in rf2, just like AC when people say the ffb is bland, they are probably wrong; mathematically the amount of people who do not set it up ideal is a majority, I bet you; so not to admonish but once you do [and I just did again] its like a whole other sim - you want it clipping red in an app on the turns but not full red all the time; you will feel bumps in the road, scuttering of tires and you turn in amongst it, like the worst of roads in your road car, it should be a bit of a struggle to navigate the road; straights are times to rest a little, turns are for working.. imagine scuttering round the final corner in the ir18 a brands, it kind of jumps or lifts, grabs again, scuffs then turns the rest of the turn, and I arrest a little slide - the ffb is one of the reasons to play this, probably one of the reasons your time should go rf2/ac/acc and not much else)

The secret to rf2 I think is to simplify it heaps.

The only reason AC is top of the pops and people like driving in rf2 is because look at ac its pretty simple, it works and its the most popular for a reason, no one will come close to AC2, look at rf2 the best thing about it is the driving. So it will be AC2 and rf2 being the best probably.

Keep it simple. Take a break from rf2, but stick with the simplest amount of cars and tracks you can. They make setting up sim games tedious on purpose but most people just want to drive. RF2 is not that bad but its something to keep in mind. Its not fun by nature.

Last edited:
RF2 is like a nice blend, so is AC, so I want to discuss rf2 with gamma which it has in the tire model and the steering, so give it that one more try, in relation to Assetto Corsa where I will get you to turn on gamma and you watch it make that difference, now cars and slides get that surge you always wanted, its not imperceptible, maybe its too exposed in the 'sound' of the attenuation/ffb/wheel feel, but you will like it more - its what ACC moved to, and its in rf2 already.

Gamma is like music basically. For AC you want to set it, I bet you RF2 already uses it...in the tire model probably too... further to my above post, and I urge you to read both this one will be easier, i show these two pictures of settings to use. This on a relatively lowly TX, but still quite good. When I do a dd next year when I see all options I will get one, but for now this is really good. Note how I have made road effect 100 in ac but I usually have it around or under 50, its up to you and the track, its usually really good at what was it 40-50 even 30, and in rf2 I have made min force 3.5 and smoothing at 4. Rf2's road effect is tied up in smoothing. gamma is a setting in AC content manager that I use to smooth it all out and is something I think they put into ACC recently.

Then note how I have put gamma at 88%, it must be 88 not 87 or 89 because it won't make it feel as nice. Gamma is not a linear thing. Its more toward ams2 than AC, but without it I find the force build up is not complemented well enough. YES - I do play sometimes without it and do not mind, I am not saying AC ffb is bad (but you will note how ACC feels more like this as well as the hardware over the years must have changed)

Note I did turn on the gyro affect there - BUT I do not turn on the other in "ffb tweaks" from CSPatch because not all cars play nice with it, and I actually prefer it without the new gyro as I think the game was built and tested to factor in the oldest gyro - but you must leave this ffb page's gyro on as that is definitely better, however you may turn off gamma if you want. That is preference but its technically more -feelable.

May be it is counter intuitive but these settings make the tires feel like tires, yes rf2 is better than ac at that but AC is no slouch in that department. The slip effect is zero because its totally canned I am told and feels it. Curbs not too high you will feel them.

Also in all the games you need to set your pedals (mine T-LCM's load cell) to their proper values so you can do smooth roll on of power and brake smooth off...my gamma for brake in content manager iirc is 2.2, and I ALSO lower brake pressure in the car setup to about 90 or so, otherwise its too much, and I have them set up properly in the Logitech app.... if you slow down too fast in racing obviously that is not good or sliding. So make sure settings are top notch. Then if RF2 is bad, I am sorry but I do not think so, but obviously thats ok; the missing link for many people is the 'per car' setting in game, you usually always lower it, in AC thats often for me down to 86 or less, or 94 in rf2, 110 lol yes, and even 75 sometimes. In AC you can use the pedals app to see the ffb. Gamma is like an enhancer of sorts, pretty sure this is what acc now uses and ams2 uses with the fx slider iirc. RF2 must have gamma built in as I have always found rf2 on-point with feel.

ON my sound system receiver, a Yamaha, I have adaptive dynamic range compression, its like that and there its used to boost low volumes and dialogue, which it works great, but the speakers are like worth 2,200 dollars and they do indeed speak to quality and can indeed play full-sound treble plus base loud without too much distortion or sound quality loss, full range afterall... hold on gets worse though they are so good; the mids will be softer... at 70 and 60 you will note a 10db or 5db drop off... and its why sub woofers are so good, get down to 30hz which these can play and it will be 30db softer!!! see... ( so you would know of sub woofers and cut offs - that is basically a LUT, at 60hz roll off the peak power and put it over to the sub, plus LFE sounds those at the edges, to buff) so there like a belt wheel I still have the cut off to go to the sub for all speakers at 60hz and under, its a roll-on, roll-off deal there too, so at 70hz it will boost that sound by 10db maybe, at 30 it will boost it at the sub by 20db, etc...).... gamma can be good... just for the standing floor speakers thats how much it cost to buy they reckon and so it still needs a hand....despite it having multiple cones and a bass thing, you can't expect speakers to vibrate in two or three different ways all at once and still play total clarity... so the drivers make the sound at a given frequency softer all depending...

this will play into wheels soon and may be a reason to give rf2 and ac, wait on ams2, a go more, that one more try.

(normally THX spec is 80hz crossover like above its 60 which would be wrong for full range movie only if your speakers did not reach down to 60hz and 30hz for bass, these do and all the speakers work best at 60hz cut-off/crossover combined into one sound... cut off at 80hz then the backs behind you do not get low enough since their bass is going to the sub!... so they sound best when you let them get down to 60hz for the blended effect overall...

--
so for your room or your hands, its all about the blending... see... and this is where the gamma comes into it. Rf2 probably uses it already, ACC does no doubt, and AC, too, ams2 would i think. It would have to...

For sound compare to wheels, I do not notice because if its truly better at 80, and its not I have confirmed it with my ears and tests [but thx at 80hz is not wrong either, they do say there is overlap and my room is not a studio and movies already adjust for you, so 80 is correct, do not worry, 60 is correct too depending], and its more for music but you would find the difference is 'imperceptible' .... its fidelity is still tops, normal speakers you do it at 80 but since these are so good, .... so dont worry then, so IF you had a DD wheel you would prob not turn that on! And for my music and tv I do not turn it on, they even say do not turn it on usually...only for late night watching...

I usually almost always have ADRC turned off or your music won't sound as good, but in the case of AC you should probably turn it on if you have a wheel like a TX. I will guess rf1 and ams1 used probably Look up tables to correct ffb. The blending effect of 88 is real nice but subtle. But note I think one should play ac or rf2, as ams2 as I have stated is not near them (not a fun rating i suppose), so I am not sure exactly what other sim there is to play over acc.

Note how in Rf2 the rotation is set to device (it will auto adjust depending, the f1 pro made it 540); but in my picture I need to set it back to 100 strength. Before this patch I would need to lower it to 86 or something. If your ffb clips too much that is not good, a little is ok, but not a lot.

Attachments

• ac.jpg
    ac.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 69
  • usual .jpg
    usual .jpg
    120 KB · Views: 73
  • rf2.jpg
    rf2.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
So in MY OPINION.

RF2 is one of the Best Sim Racing experiences Ever made I can drive for hours loving the entire experience.

Then you try to do ANYTHING with Multiplayer and you quickly realise why RF2 is often called one of the WORST sims available.

Basically the multiplayer was CRAP when it was released and all this time and updates later it is STILL one of the worst multiplayer experiences EVER....

So very SAD...

It was a bit OTT, but settle down a bit, lol.
lol, thanks.

Now onto Bruno the only one doing anything like that is YOU.

You do it here, you do it everywhere, and may be go to the gym, too. The way you wax lyrical about AMS2 I think its you is beyond hideous. You should be in this thread supporting RF2 because its clearly a top sim, you could only put it in spot 1 or 2 or 3, along with AC. Thats it.

Here's the thing. RF2 is an excellent sim and if you had more of a life going on with real people you would be able to call out people on their nonsense when they come to the RF2 forum to claim a good game is bad and they want out.

Look at my posts on AMS2 here, they are legit because the game is very bad. People told me it was GREAT!! wow! GREAT! 2 years ago, 1 year ago, 6 months ago, 2 weeks ago, ITS NOT.... but rf2 is. The same people will try to tell you just wait for it to come good in 1 years time. So when is it time? For Rf2, its not ams2, the time is now.

Look at RF2 with Ferrari GT3 2020 at even Lime Rock Park, its very good. Go to lime rock in other sims and its not as good. RF2 is good.

Last edited:
When I first booted rF2 up I literally gave up on everything else..... but nowadays I almost never play it. The feeling is great, but the AI and content/price leave a lot to desire.
I don't do much racing these days, but I'm almost always on AC, ACC, AMS1 and BeamNG.

• Deleted member 1066209

You have to go to the Workshop and Subscribe to the other content. Choose Browse-Collections and try the Premium Content Collection....most of that is pretty good.....and start tweaking your graphics. That helped me. I can recommend Pittburgh as a good mod track.
I reinstalled rFactor2 after reformatting my PC (for a different reason) and selected to install Premium Content. Thank you for your advice, because I now have a multitude of tracks and cars available! Furthermore, I gave rF2 an honest try and am extremely impressed. rF2 feels so alive, whereas Assetto Corsa seems bland in comparison, haha. The USF2000, the first car I tried, was hilariously fun as I started drifting around the slow corners at Silverstone GP.

I've only gotten an hour of gameplay done, but I am yearning for more! I am fairly disappointed that the online-multiplayer experience is practically non-existent, but rF2 will surely be my first choice for offline simulation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea