I got my FPS back!

Short story: ACC used to run crappy on my senior PC, now it doesn't. I'm not gonna explain a thing because it's all well written here in plain english: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Engine/Performance/Scalability/ScalabilityReference/index.html

You need to see hidden folders for this path:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Engine.ini

Copy and paste this in the very bottom, thanks for the beer.

[ConsoleVariables] r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=1 r.DistanceFieldAO=0 r.HZBOcclusion=0 r.LensFlareQuality=0 r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0 r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0 r.SSR=0 r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=24 r.DetailMode=0 r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades=1 r.AllowLandscapeShadows=0 r.DistanceFieldShadowing=0

1 lap at MISANO, SUNSET
COMPARISON.png

Cattura.PNG

DEFAULT: Avg: 56.9 - Min: 43 - Max: 70
MODDED: Avg: 62.3 - Min: 46 - Max: 78

FPS Diff.: Avg: +5.4 - Min: +3 - Max: +8

Thanks @2stains for the AO suggestion.

Last edited:
Try this ini ;)

[ConsoleVariables]
r.BlurGBuffer=0
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=1
r.AOquality=1
r.DistanceFieldAO=1
r.HZBOcclusion=0
r.LensFlareQuality=0
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.SSR.Quality=0
r.SSR.MaxRoughness=0.1
r.VolumetricFog=0
r.Fog=0
r.DetailMode=2
r.TranslucencyVolumeBlur=0
r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=24
r.RefractionQuality=2
r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.1
r.TemporalAASamples=4
r.TemporalAASharpness=0.8
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=2
FX.FreezeParticleSimulation=0
r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades=4
r.Shadow.MaxResolution=512
r.Shadow.RadiusThreshold=0.06
r.Shadow.DistanceScale=1.0
r.Shadow.CSM.TransitionScale=1.0
r.AllowLandscapeShadows=0
r.DistanceFieldShadowing=0
r.AOMaxViewDistance=50000

[/script/engine.renderersettings]
a.URO.ForceInterpolation=1
a.URO.ForceAnimRate=2
r.OptimizeForUAVPerformance=1
r.UseShaderCaching=1
r.UseShaderPredraw=1
r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1
r.Streaming.FramesForFullUpdate=1
r.bForceCPUAccessToGPUSkinVerts=True
r.Streaming.DefragDynamicBounds=1
r.Streaming.HLODStrategy=2
r.Streaming.Boost=0
r.Streaming.PoolSize=0
r.Streaming.LimitPoolSizeToVRAM=1

and check post #35 for screenshot of shadow distance https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...etails-outside-epic.59419/page-2#post-1122966

@Peter Eckhardt I use the engine.ini, where rain effects on the windscreen are still visible.

I use shadows on high ingame to get rid of the "floaty cars" problem.
In the Nvidia control panel I reduced AA to 4x and AF to 8x. Supersampling to 2.00x. I believe I left it on the Quality setting.
With higher settings in AA/AF there I lost 10 FPS and got a lot more stutters / hiccups. So for me that was the sweet spot (GTX1070). Ingame reducing Textures from epic to high also gave me 5-10 FPS.
I also fix my FPS to 60 and run Vsync. No microstutters or tearing.
So far I am very happy with that.

I dont know what they did with the sim between then and now but even with the engine.ini its lagging a lot. It also looks much worse now. Last time i had constant 60FPS on triples with most things on EPIC + the engine.ini and it looked great. Now it runs bad and looks bad. Damn.

r.HZBOcclusion=0
r.LensFlareQuality=0
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.SSR.Quality=0
r.SSR.MaxRoughness=0.1
r.VolumetricFog=0
r.Fog=0
These are probably the lines that reduce the cpu load.
And a bit of the load in general.
Disables some occlusion culling calculation (can improve or worsen performance) , no lens flares, no dof and the biggest one:
No screen space reflections!
I guess in the rain it looks a bit "dead", since puddles won't reflect anymore...
And no fog in general.

Everything else might look better or slightly improve or even worsen the performance.
I still have mine in and it reduces CPU by 10 odd % ;) i did remove it a few weeks back and it was worse performance.
Quotes in wrong order :p
See above hehe.

Thr ssr = screen space reflections is the big one.

Last edited:
I have to admit that I removed the modified engine.ini and see still good performance albeit with a max 25 AI grit. I realized that I do not race with more than 25 AI cars anyway, so why restrict graphics for a case I do not play anyway. Plus my recent breakthrough in G-synce lets me drive sync'ed below 60 FPS.

These are probably the lines that reduce the cpu load.
And a bit of the load in general.
Disables some occlusion, no lens flares, no dof and the biggest one:
No screen space reflections!
I guess in the race it looks a bit "dead", since puddles won't reflect anymore...
And no fog in general.

Everything else might look better or slightly improve or even worsen the performance.

Quotes in wrong order :p
See above hehe.

Thr ssr = screen space reflections is the big one.
I actually find the SSR removal makes it look better ! No more artifacting that comes from SSR , the wiper across the screen was a big problem for that. Even with SSR disabled there are still reflections , just not as clear and nice, but honestly at speed i don't think the puddle reflections need to be clear ;) Other cars still have reflections in the paint and glass , it really is an improvement imo.
I also actually added back in the fog though .

I actually find the SSR removal makes it look better ! No more artifacting that comes from SSR , the wiper across the screen was a big problem for that. Even with SSR disabled there are still reflections , just not as clear and nice, but honestly at speed i don't think the puddle reflections need to be clear ;) Other cars still have reflections in the paint and glass , it really is an improvement imo.
I also actually added back in the fog though .
Oh that's interesting to hear! Gonna try that line then!

Had a little read up about the HZB occulusion. It can go both ways with performance.
It runs a calculation to know what objects need to be rendered or not, when they wouldn't be visible for us anyway.
It depends what's more taxing (calculating what's visible or drawing the objects) and what parts are running on the CPU or GPU and what's bottlenecking.

Guess the SSR are not like in other games hehe:

With the help of RasmusP I finally understood how I can get G-Sync activated on my non-certified monitor although with a few flickering issues. Today I found out, that this info was already available on the net....when you know where to look. :laugh:
So it's a free sync monitor? Just not certified with nVidia?

How much Anisotropic filtering are most of you guys using?
I generally only use 2x in any game.
I typically use 4x anti-aliasing.
Those two settings then allow me to run every graphics setting to epic, while maintaining good 'fluid' framerate.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 22.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.3%