I can't see rain on the windscreen and wipers do not work. Who can help me?

I have a problem in assetto corsa. I installed sol wheater mod, the latest costum shaders patch and the wet track mod. I also installed the shaders extension rain app. When i go into a race(launched from content manager) with rain enabled, i hear the rain dropping and there is a trail of water behind my car when i drive, the track i quite slippery as well but when i go in to the car behind the wheel, i cant see any rain drops on the windscreen. My wipers also don't work. So i opened the shaders extension rain app, but in the app the rain is already set to max and my wipers too. But in the car i don't see any rain or wipers. Does someone have a solution please? You would really help me out of this...

As been said and mentioned a few times in different answers, Rain FX is only still beta and reserved for only the people of Ilja's Patreon.

Only those who made a donation in this patreon have access to this beta.
The free version will be available later when everything's ready ... hopefully.

Rain was for the moment taken out of CSP in its latest versions.

With the latest updates ... they are not available any longer.
If a message I saw somewhere else is correct, it shouldn't take too long before public RainFX is available with a new CSP version.

For now beta version is still only available with Ilja's Patreon if nothing changed recently.
And I suppose it's only working on some already modified tracks.

Wiper blades and rain drops always worked without a donation ( only puddles and rain fx on the cars etc. needs supporters version. )

I'm not talking about FREE version of CSP I've got the latest 0.1.72-preview1 installed on my PC
Some cars have trouble only for one side of wiper blades - one of them for the left , sometimes for the right, sometimes for both.

Attachments

• ezgif-7-b91c5a4cf078.jpg
    ezgif-7-b91c5a4cf078.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 2,104
Wiper blades and rain drops always worked without a donation ( only puddles and rain fx on the cars etc. needs supporters version. )

I'm not talking about FREE version of CSP I've got the latest 0.1.72-preview1 installed on my PC
Some cars have trouble only for one side of wiper blades - one of them for the left , sometimes for the right, sometimes for both.
Same issue !
I have the new version of CSP.
I'm a Elija donator, so i have installed the last version off Light Patch, including RainFX (0.172).
I have also SOl 2.02 installed.

The gap with regular rain is just enormous. RainFX is a real must have......
.....but with all cars with windscreen, it's just impossible to drive. Rain drops are presnts on screen but the wiper doesn't work.
I hace check all seeting in RainFX, weather and SOl config.
I also try to speed up the wiper but they just doesn't work !

I have the same issue. Do you know how to solve it? I mean the trouble with one side of wipers not working!

To get wipers to clear rain drops:

Under assettocorsa/extension/config/cars/loaded open the cars .ini file.

Open content manager and open the car in the cm showroom. Click on the wiper and click on the windscreen and get the name of each mesh.
Add these lines to the ini file:

[WIPERS_TRACE_...]
SURFACE = name of glass goes here
WIPERS = name of wiper goes here

So, for example, I added

[WIPERS_TRACE_...]
SURFACE =EXTglass001
WIPERS =GEO_Wiper

to the rss ferruccio 55. Maybe you can add it to the extension file under content instead, I don't know. Maybe there are 2 wiper meshes for cars that have 2 wipers and you have to add both names? Maybe seperated by a comma? I don't know. But this works for 1 wiper.

Last edited:
I've NEVER gotten rain to appear in the car. On the track, nowhere. I don't really drive AC or any sim really just for fun so I never bothered with it. But it's really bugging me now that I've tried for the past half an hour to get any sort of rain effect anywhere in the game and it just seems non existent to me.

I am not a Patron, I just have the latest version of CSP installed and as far as I know the latest version of SOL as well.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back