HS6-GT – DIY H-Pattern Shifter

I tried the Pom wheels and works just as good if not better than the old metal bearings. If anyone wants the adjusted files I can upload the stl or 3d files.

Good to hear from you Tiago, I hope my friend can make the offset leaver in aluminium if not I think printing the offset leaver on its side might solve the problem, but you will always have some wear. I dont care about the noise because I mostly wear headphones when gaming. Are you going to share the new F1 style shifter here too? If you need any help feel free to ask.

I am working on a design for the offset leaver to possibly make it out of aluminium or 3d print the individual parts and make the bumps for the bearing out of metal parts like Tiago showed. I am still working on this.

offset-leaver-2.png

Last edited:
So, I have made a fast prototype.
Unfortunately i cannot test it. So, I challenge any one to test it.
There is a small requirement. It needs a 2 new washers. Plus, the new printed parts.

HS-Proto_1.JPGHS-Proto_2.JPGHS-Proto_4.JPG

1-Offset Lever L
2-Offset Lever R
3-Long Hex Nut M8x30
4-Washer DIN125 (M16 - Do=30/Di=17/h=3)
5-Spacer Ring

The washers will slide through the long Hex nut, with a 3d Printed Spacer between them. Everything will be compressed with the External nuts, attached to the Pivot Bolts (Like the original concept).

Most certainly, there is the need to print more stuff. But this mod, will work good enough to know the direction we are going.

I have high hopes on this mod. So, if doesn´t work...

Regarding the Old F1 Style shifter, i will make available for free, as normal.

Tiago Viana

Last edited:
Nice work! I will probably test your mod if I have time. I made a modular design for the offset leaver, my friend can make the part where the bearing rolls on out of metal, I will print the parts and test if everything fits (this would be the best solution for me).

offset-rail.png

Nice work! I will probably test your mod if I have time. I made a modular design for the offset leaver, my friend can make the part where the bearing rolls on out of metal, I will print the parts and test if everything fits (this would be the best solution for me).

View attachment 398180

That is a Perfect solution! Would love to see it working!!! Later you can sell this add on, for those who like it. ;)

Edit.
This bumped part will have a threaded inside? It should have it.

That is a Perfect solution! Would love to see it working!!! Later you can sell this add on, for those who like it. ;)

Edit.
This bumped part will have a threaded inside? It should have it.
I could make it threaded inside. Couldn't I use a threaded rod instead of two long bolts?

HS6-1.JPG

In the point 1: You need the smooth side of the bolts to slide freely on the Bottom_Case.
With a threaded rod, the threats will rub on the Bottom_Case, and destroy it. The solution would be to cover the threaded rod on the extremities with a threaded spacer, but with the actual concept would not work... the M6 Bolts (3) that make the Slots (they avoid the shifter lever to return to the middle when a gear is engaged) arent apart enough to allow something bigger then 8mm. It can be done only by changing the Bottom_Case.

Point 2: This 2 nuts have the function of compressing the 2 halves of the Offset_Lever. Not having them can lead to the separation of the 2 halves. I recommend to have them, and thigh them firmly, because this will be were most of the force will be applied (plus the ball of the shifter lever).

Great to hear from you both !
And nice to see there is still work being done too :thumbsup:

I FINALLY received my bearing, so now i'm ready to print and use :p

Fatapoc, i would be interested in the adjusted files for the POM wheel, as i would be using one ! :thumbsup:

Bitacaia, i don't have access to aluminium so ... i might give a shot to your last mod !
I will for sure face delamination problem (hopefully, not too quickly), and from there i'll give it a try and get back to you !

Cheers guys!

Last edited:
Pandax, Here you go mate:
Adjusted files for POM wheel

Because the Pom wheel is thicker I had to adjust three files (see link above for downloads):
1. The spring retainer body (print this or the spring retainer cover)
2. The spring retainer cover (print this or the spring retainer body)
3. Bearing shaft parts (print this part two times, be sure to mirror this part the second time)

The POM wheel works great, let me know if you need something else.

That's awesome ! Thanks for the work ! :D
I guess it's for the MR105ZZ with the POM wheel.
Will print it straight away ! :thumbsup:

But quick question about the bearing shaft parts.
Did you adjust height according to the new bearing shaft ?
Or made them thinner for left / right gap?
I guess left / right, but could be both.

And while i'm at it, i got a question about the screws for the assembly !
There is 2 M5x40 screws in the BOM, but i can't them in the 3d model, or on the video, so i've no idea what they're for !
Does anyone know ? :roflmao:

Yes the files are for the MR105ZZ with POM wheel.
I only adjusted the bearing shaft parts because I was afraid there wouldn't be enough space between the spring retainer cover and the outside of the bearing shaft parts for smooth movement. I took around 2mm off of both sides on the inside (the POM wheel is around 4mm thicker than the original bearing). I tested this and it worked great.
I don't remember all the screws I used so I can't answer your last question ;).

Hope this answers your questions.

Yep, question answered ! Thanks pal.
The M5 spacers i bought are a bit too long anyway, i couldn't even fit a standard 625, so i was planning to grind them and keep the 3D parts stock.
So i'll just grind more, and it'll work just fine ! :roflmao:

I wouldn't advice doing it ...
More expensive, weaker than steel, and no apparent benefit :cautious:

Go for the MR105ZZ + POM wheel, it's the best option IMO ;)

Oh. My. God.
I just finished building it and, DAMN.
That's some serious ****. :confused:

I'm so thrilled ! It's amazing, thanks for all the work tiago ! :D
It's really a great shifter, and the feeling is amazing.
I used the 3d printer springs and mr105+pom wheel, and i LOVE it !

I just have a few issue at the moment, some gears don't work, but i'll have a look at that tomorow ... Or another day, but hey, the bigpart is done, and it feels great.

Again, thanks !

Pandax I would love to see a video now that its done to see how you like the shift points. Its on my list of winter projects, so very excited to get it on the road.

So, i made a fast mod.
View attachment 344614
The arduino can be placed at the bottom.
Note: this bottom case can be position in 2 directions. so the USB cable of the arduino can go to the front or rear of the shifter (rotating the case 180 deg). It will be your decision how it best fits to your rig.

Tiago Viana

Hi, can I get the STL for this lower cover? Thanks

Last edited:
Making good progress...

The three parts of the main case are printed in Black Filament-PM CFJET (PETG+Carbon Fibre) and the two parts of the offset selector are printed in Polymaker PCMAX (Polycarbonate). These should stand up well to the roller bearing and hopefully no need for POM.

IMG_20201103_184152_s.png

IMG_20201103_184232_s.png

I made a few modifications:
  1. Added two extra holes on the top surface so I can support the finished shifter on 4040 profiles at both ends. Created an extra part that is flush with the top plate of the gear lever an creates two extra mounting points at the other end.
  2. Reversed the nuts/bolts that hold the lever to the top face of the shifter, so the nuts are captive inside and the bolts, hex button heads, are on the outside, for cleaner look.
  3. Recessed the bolts holding the bottom case and changed to M6x35mm Allen Cap head bolts so that the bottom is flat with nothing sticking out.
  4. Going to look at mounting hall effect sensors rather than microswitches.
Very pleased with progress so far and thanks to Tiago for the hard work put into this design. The effort that went into this is evident from the quality of the design.

Just waiting for the rest of the hardware and gear lever to arrive although I'm having real trouble trying to find the M5x25x8oD round nuts. Can find plenty of 20mm ones, but none that are 25mm long and 8mm OD.

When finished its going here:

IMG_20201103_184311_s2.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes