HS6-GT – DIY H-Pattern Shifter

Funny... i tried to make a new link, but i have this problem... I don´t know what it means... Does just the first option allow you do have access to the parametric models? Or it needs to be the Download option activated?

Untitled.png

The share link is the same as the one in the first post. So, i have now clue what to do.

I think you need to enable 'Allow item to be downloaded'. We can look at your design (share) but we can't download it.

You can share the design in fusion with me if you want, I have a paid account so I can make a downloadable link?

Last edited:
Yeah, those ******* changed Fusion free sub, and you can't share downloadable files anymore -_-

Anyway ! I finally tried mine !
On a friend's setup, as mine is out of use (explaining the long time without trying), and gosh ! It's insaaaane !
Tiago, that's awesome work right there. It felt amazing.

And to answer your question fatapoc, i'm using the strong yellow springs from 3dp printers :)
Firm feeling, i love it, but i don't know how long parts are gonna hold under so much stress ... Wait and see ?

Anyway, thanks again for all the work tiago !

Love,
Laurent

Oh! I had to put a lot of pressure to close the bottom part with the spring retainer so I imagined it was too tight. I will try the 25mm springs again.

So where can I find the latest versions of all the parts? Thingiverse has not been updated for a year, are they still the one to use?

I'm at the moment making some modifications to the Shifter (one year update). I'm not ready to release it at the moment. But I expect maximum next week.

The new update will not change the functionality, or the shape of the Shifter. It is focus on the small details that always annoyed me.

I'm expecting the parts to be faster to print. Remove the need for threaded inserts. Improve the bottom area (cover were the Arduino is fixed). Included more variants (ball bearing 625/MR105 and hall effect sensor).

I would like to receive some feedback from you, on improvements/suggestions, so I can implement them on this version (use DM).

The parts will not be 100% compatible with the old version. But you will have access to the parametric model, and will be easy to make it compatible if needed.

And this time, the shifter is made on Onshape. Sorry for the Fusion 360 users...

Tiago Viana

That sucks that they killed the download option for the free version! Thanks for making the effort Tiago, I have printed the major parts of the assembly and made an adapter for a pneumatic shifter knob from a big truck and am looking forward to using it lol.

I'm at the moment making some modifications to the Shifter (one year update). I'm not ready to release it at the moment. But I expect maximum next week.

Doh, I just finished printing 20h of parts and got my ordered threaded inserts! :(
I could also not find any lenghts for the inserts so I hope the one I have are OK. But I'm eager to test it out and improve if possible. But I'm a F360 user... :(

I will be aiming for HAL sensors. But I will complete this version since I already have all the parts, and leave some feedback. Not sure how I will print the critical part in the middle for it not to wear out tho... Any improvements on that?

Last edited:
Doh, I just finished printing 20h of parts and got my ordered threaded inserts! :(
I could also not find any lenghts for the inserts so I hope the one I have are OK. But I'm eager to test it out and improve if possible. But I'm a F360 user... :(

I will be aiming for HAL sensors. But I will complete this version since I already have all the parts, and leave some feedback. Not sure how I will print the critical part in the middle for it not to wear out tho... Any improvements on that?
Don't worry. the shifter is the same. the only difference is how you assemble it. The one you have printed is good. And you can use the future available variants on the old version.

Have you thought of having this project on github or similar version control system? Good for remixing I guess :)

So, I have made a fast prototype.
Unfortunately i cannot test it. So, I challenge any one to test it.
There is a small requirement. It needs a 2 new washers. Plus, the new printed parts.

View attachment 398170View attachment 398171View attachment 398173

1-Offset Lever L
2-Offset Lever R
3-Long Hex Nut M8x30
4-Washer DIN125 (M16 - Do=30/Di=17/h=3)
5-Spacer Ring

The washers will slide through the long Hex nut, with a 3d Printed Spacer between them. Everything will be compressed with the External nuts, attached to the Pivot Bolts (Like the original concept).

Most certainly, there is the need to print more stuff. But this mod, will work good enough to know the direction we are going.

I have high hopes on this mod. So, if doesn´t work...

Regarding the Old F1 Style shifter, i will make available for free, as normal.

Tiago Viana

And did someone ever test the prototype lever above? Or is this not a big issue with lever printed in PLA? I will first try 100% infill modifier on the standard lever to start with.

lever.PNG

I also noticed some of the holes where screws are suppposed to go though are modelled shut and needs to be drilled?...

Last edited:
I haven't tried the prototype but I am currently using my redesign of the lever which allows you to print it in different parts. The part where the bearing rolls over can be printed with any amount of outer walls to make it stronger. I printed it in polycarbonate which makes it even stronger.

offset-rail.png

Making good progress...

The three parts of the main case are printed in Black Filament-PM CFJET (PETG+Carbon Fibre) and the two parts of the offset selector are printed in Polymaker PCMAX (Polycarbonate). These should stand up well to the roller bearing and hopefully no need for POM.

View attachment 417626

View attachment 417627

I made a few modifications:
  1. Added two extra holes on the top surface so I can support the finished shifter on 4040 profiles at both ends. Created an extra part that is flush with the top plate of the gear lever an creates two extra mounting points at the other end.
  2. Reversed the nuts/bolts that hold the lever to the top face of the shifter, so the nuts are captive inside and the bolts, hex button heads, are on the outside, for cleaner look.
  3. Recessed the bolts holding the bottom case and changed to M6x35mm Allen Cap head bolts so that the bottom is flat with nothing sticking out.
  4. Going to look at mounting hall effect sensors rather than microswitches.
Very pleased with progress so far and thanks to Tiago for the hard work put into this design. The effort that went into this is evident from the quality of the design.

Just waiting for the rest of the hardware and gear lever to arrive although I'm having real trouble trying to find the M5x25x8oD round nuts. Can find plenty of 20mm ones, but none that are 25mm long and 8mm OD.

When finished its going here:

View attachment 417630

Have these mods been shared?

Hi, can anyone help me to compile or combine my servo sketch into the v1.3 sketch for the HS6-GT shifter?

Many thanks whether it work or not.

The servo sketch are attached below:

#include<Servo.h>
Servo Myservo;
int pos=0;
void setup()
{

pinMode(2,INPUT);
Myservo.attach(4);
}

void loop()
{