1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(How to?) Make a cheap triple screen setup

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Yapci, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Yapci

Yapci
    Premium

Ratings:
    +260
    hi! Does anyone knows how to make a cheap triple screen setup? Or how much would it cost the cheapest one...

I got an LG 27’’ monitor but would love to have more screen even if I got to low graphics at minimal (gtx 660).

Maybe (probably) it’s impossible but...maybe not:(:thumbsdown::rolleyes:

2. Lukas Wirtz

Lukas Wirtz

Ratings:
    +2
    I also have a 27" center screen with Full HD resolution. What i did was getting two very cheap and used 4:3 screens with 1280x1024 each. Just check for some cheap deals on ebay or else. You have to adjust the video settings quite a bit but I got it done. Depends also on the Sim you are using the most.

3. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +455
    Probably not a good idea to use the GTX 660 for triple screens...

Looking at this handy-dandy chart of GPU comparisons (https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/2839/geforce-gtx-1080), you can see that a GTX 660 performance is about 26% of a GTX 1080 or less than 50% of a GTX 970.

With a GTX 970 (I used to do this), you can run a multiview triple screen setup in the modern sims with settings turned down and a non-multiview triple screen setup close to full graphics.

With a GTX 1080 (what I have now), you can run all sims (except rF2 DX11 beta) with graphics turned up full in multiview.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Andy_J

Andy_J
    PC Veteran Gamer and Biker. Premium

Ratings:
    +3,372
    I have a question for triple screen experts. It's been bugging me for ages.

If I have a 34" Ultrawide 2560 x 1080 monitor, is it possible to add two small 1080p (say 27") monitors. Would this work and can you have the two side monitors a different resolution to the main monitor using a the RX480 AMD GPU?
    It's just that I have been offered a couple of 27" monitors for not much cash and I was wondering.
    Cheers.

5. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +455
    I think the only sim where that would work is pCARS 2. Everything else expects you to use a Windows resolution, where the desktop is spanning across the three monitors. I'm fairly certain that you can't span mismatched monitors with nVidia, but it might be different for AMD.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Lukas Wirtz

Lukas Wirtz

Ratings:
    +2
    not correct, I have mismatched monitors on Nvidia Gtx 960 and it does work. You have to create a custom Windows resolution though. Check Google for tutorials.

• Like Like x 2