F1 2011 How do you rate F1 2011 The Game?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Time for our weekly site poll. This week we are going to rate the newly released F1 2011 The Game by Codemasters.

Needless to mention that if you have not played the game you do not have to vote

Is there anyway of setting up a Shabami type POLL for this sim, I think we would get a much more accurate assessement rather than a heap of 9 or 10's. At least if we seperate the Models, Graphics, sounds from the physics etc we may get a more accurate assessment. For example some of those that voted 9 or 10 maybe 90% concerned with how it looks and sounds, so they voted that way if they were asked to rate physics they may have voted 7 possibly

I would like to have steering lock settings on setup,
FOV/seat position for the cockpit view, option to disable or fix the wheel in a position, more options for the mirror...
I also think performance should be closer to real life cars... anyway... I think it's a great improvement from the 2010 game, I'm particularly pleased with the graphics now,

8 out of 10.

It loses points for not giving us proper replays... especially in multiplayer.

Graphics don't seem as pretty (but I've only looked at Australia & Singapore)

Timing bug - flying lap & then back to garage from menu gives you no sector times & shows you as "out"

Poorly written XML file for my Wheel (Wingman Formula Force GP, 10 years old) some crucial controls are missing - exit from instant replay, no engine map adjustment, no tyre choice...

Otherwise I am very pleased with it, head & shoulders above F1 2010. I've not come accros any gamebreakers yet (other than the wheel controls I have already mentioned & fixed)

PC.

I gave it a seven. They've taken some of the things out like requesting a pit stop and pit box control. I think they have also gone a bit too far with the tyre and brake performance; the first few laps on primes it's like driving on ice for me, and it takes too long for the brakes to not lock when applied, although the feel has improved from 2010.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back