F1 2011 How do you rate F1 2011 The Game?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Time for our weekly site poll. This week we are going to rate the newly released F1 2011 The Game by Codemasters.

Needless to mention that if you have not played the game you do not have to vote

8 for me. Visually, a slight improvement on F1 2010 but not vast, though that's to be expected from longer multi platform games these days. AI generally seems a little smarter...until it comes to being lapped and DNFs/crashes. When lapping they're horrendous to get past for the most part, and I don't know what the deal is with DNFs or AI cars spinning but they're basically all bullet proof. Never seen another DNF in 12 races and maybe 2 or 3 spins that caused no trouble, and no safety cars despite debris on the track on a dozen occasions. Car control is so much better, no longer does it feel like you're driving a squirrel on coffee. Generally impressed but could've been better. 3rd time lucky next year for that perfect 10 hopefully.

No contract offer from Red Bull for beating my chosen rival, Seb Vettel.

Everyone complained that you could get a contract offer from a higher team just by beating their rival and end up being sacked end of that season because your rep wasn't high enough, are you surprised this appears to have been removed? I'm assuming you'll only get the offer if your reputation is high enough, which is fair.

WTF were they thinking. It's wipeout with wheels, the car literally has no connection to the track. It feels floaty as hell, it's crude too look at, sounds like someone attacking my ears with a cheese grater and is about a 5 year step back from 2010... I really don't care if the AI are smarter... It won't be staying long enough for me to find out. Actually trying to reason why I gave it as high as a 2.... ridiculous and I will be getting a refund.

The handling lovely
i love the cars ...

i dont like the environment (xbox ported games all have same problem - inferior graphics brought pc gaming to a dead end)

i dont like the characters in the game (again xbox graphics 1980 style graphics)

Because of game was ported from xbox the graphics suffered.

The game looked like it was made 20 years ago still they cant make perfect circles or curves.

To get perfect circles and curves in graphics you will have to destroy xbox and move onto developing pc gaming.

I am glad i didnt buy it :) will never support xbox ported games.

Everyone complained that you could get a contract offer from a higher team just by beating their rival and end up being sacked end of that season because your rep wasn't high enough, are you surprised this appears to have been removed? I'm assuming you'll only get the offer if your reputation is high enough, which is fair.

Yes, I was surprised, because I didn't know everyone complained about the way it was, I certainly didn't.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back