F1 2011 How do you rate F1 2011 The Game?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Time for our weekly site poll. This week we are going to rate the newly released F1 2011 The Game by Codemasters.

Needless to mention that if you have not played the game you do not have to vote

I gave it a 5. I were never a fan of F1 2010, and to me F1 2011 is just the same game with better looking package.
Some things has been improved, but other stuff just got worse or no change at all.

Its a fun game, to drive around a few laps. But thats it.

I voted 9, but a lot of the problems people are reporting haven't appeared in my game. I'm starting to suspect the PC (possibly also XBOX?) versions are a bit more messed up than the PS3 version? I was prompted to download patch 1.01 as soon as I put the disc in the machine, and I got it the day after release.

There are a couple of minor things I could complain about but given what a huge leap forward from 2010 this is in every regard, it would be churlish to do so especially considering how much I'm enjoying this years effort. I'm about 1/3 of the way through my first full season in GP mode with McLaren, and it actually feels like I'm racing and fighting for a championship and not just taking part in a series of Time Trials. KERS and DRS work pretty much as they should, I've had a couple of warnings and/or penalties that I thought were unfair but that happens in F1 (ask Lewis Hamilton), the Safety Car works as it ought to and the weather engine works properly.

Buying Rfactor is not an option for eveyone.. this game is still a good one despite the current flaws. Cheats always will find a way to cheat whether that be on Xbox, PS3 or PC.... Hopefully CM will produce a patch to correct the problems some are currently experiencing.

The bulk of people score this game a 9/10....on what basis?
It's loaded with bugs, has forced me and others to reinstall, constantly kicks me from MP{which is virtually pointless with the 11/11 bug and the incredible speed of xbox pad users......some of whom are 3-5seconds quicker than me with my sim background and G27}.

Ugly assed GFX, ridiculous FOV for cockpit{again}, and many accounts of inconsistent and downright stupid AI, annoying as hell rain in your face etc, etc......that's what you score a 9????, no wonder we see so many crappy unfinished games when the bulk of people rate such lowly junk so highly.

Bloodly hell, the games dev's must have such little regard for our collective knowledge and intelligence.....it really is embarrassing how easily pleased some of you are.

I'm very curious as well that so many are rating this game so highly, but I'm not going to bash on them because maybe they haven't had the same crap problems we have, lucky them really. I wonder if people are rating before they've really invested some time in the game? I don't want to rate the game yet, maybe when I get to the 2nd season of career mode (and I hate that it's now down to 5 season max, it should be open ended, imo). If I were to rate it right now, it would definitely be a 2 or 3.

I gave it an 8, the games is good but far from perfect, its better than 95% of the racing games out there. My biggest problem with games is that there is not much difference from 2010. This games feels more like an update than a hole new game, whats new really ?? They should have taken 2010 and added more things to like classic mode (play career mode in the 60s 70s 80s 90s) and stuff like that,
career mode imo feels flat. I wish career mode was a bit more like the soccer games where you can manage the team more, but I suppose there is no competition for this game so why would they, PES and EA Fifa compete to make a better game and thats why we get more out of those games.

I think ppl that played 2010 will be a bit disappointed because the game hasn't changed much and ppl new to the game will think its fantastic if they can manage to setup their wheel. The ffb for my wheel lg dfgt is horrible.

I gave it a 1, very simply because the AI is absolutely pathetic. Midfield teams qualify faster than RBR in Q1 when they have options on. The AI spread in the whole field is completely wrong and unrealistic, and the Race pace of the AI is close or equal to Qualifying pace. Its ridiculous.

I wasted my money, again. If you haven't bought it yet and you are a real F1 fan, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!! You will be dissapointed.

Based purely on what I see in the game I can't see that they actually sat down, installed the game and did a full season like the public does. Because if they did that, then they know absolutely nothing about the real sport. The game is fundamentally flawed and an incredible frustration to play when you are expecting a simulation of the real sport.

I gave it a 1, very simply because the AI is absolutely pathetic. Midfield teams qualify faster than RBR in Q1 when they have options on. The AI spread in the whole field is completely wrong and unrealistic, and the Race pace of the AI is close or equal to Qualifying pace. Its ridiculous.

I wasted my money, again. If you haven't bought it yet and you are a real F1 fan, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!! You will be dissapointed.

Based purely on what I see in the game I can't see that they actually sat down, installed the game and did a full season like the public does. Because if they did that, then they know absolutely nothing about the real sport. The game is fundamentally flawed and an incredible frustration to play when you are expecting a simulation of the real sport.

I totally agree!!! It seems like people are giving this awful game high reviews simply because they think the game looks pretty, ugh!

Update: I just finished the 1st year in career mode with Williams, whom I'll be driving for in the 2nd season as well. No contract offer from Red Bull for beating my chosen rival, Seb Vettel. This is exactly why I didn't rate the game after doing just a couple races!!!
This game is down to a rating of 2.5 in my book.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%