Horizon Shades

Misc Horizon Shades 3.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Master updated Horizon Shades with a new update entry:

Horizon Shades

Horizon Shades
Hello friends, I've been working on updates for the HD that serves this new SOL base. With each CSP and SOL update, some things change and it is not always possible to achieve the same result in HS, but I have always been trying to find the balance to maintain the pattern I like, as my friends say, the Master pattern lol. In this new version at 3.2, I made some improvements in...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Screenshot_mclaren_720_gt3_acc_ks_silverstone_9-0-121-13-43-5.jpg

Horizon weather.................... better than SOL. IMO.

So, the new ones are just a filter on top of Sol..
The initial idea was much cooler because if you compare "MAIN_T" usage in render stats for the CSP weather, older "Horizon" and "Sol" you can spot that Sol doubles the load on the CPU which sometimes causes lagging. Please reconsider developing Horizon further with only using the Sol controller for CSP weather. It had potential as the dynamic range of almost all lighting scenarios was near perfect. What bothered me most were the too fast transitions between day and night but it was small price to pay for the immersive near-HDR picture.

So, the new ones are just a filter on top of Sol..
The initial idea was much cooler because if you compare "MAIN_T" usage in render stats for the CSP weather, older "Horizon" and "Sol" you can spot that Sol doubles the load on the CPU which sometimes causes lagging. Please reconsider developing Horizon further with only using the Sol controller for CSP weather. It had potential as the dynamic range of almost all lighting scenarios was near perfect. What bothered me most were the too fast transitions between day and night but it was small price to pay for the immersive near-HDR picture.

No as far as i am aware, horizon weathers is separate to the filters.
I use horizon weathers and not sol so much now and i think he is still updating HSW.
Go on youtube he posted a new video..

on youtube he posted a new video
I watched it. It doesn't mean that when you follow the install instructions in the most recent v 3.2 you will get CSP weather instead of Sol. That's the main difference I find from HSW v 1.6 and it's the reason to halla in the thread. It should be stated somewhere that if you want what is seen on youtube the latest package has to go on top of v 1.6 of Horizon Shades.

Last edited:
When i switch back to my own personal settings in CPS the skybox is nighttime no matter the time/day, any help? Also how do I reduce the amount of blur in the default horizon shades? Its too much imo.

Hi, when using this filter together with Sol 2.1 alpha 13 CSP 0.1.73 preview I do not get godrays but just a yellow circle as sun. Does someone else experience the same?

Last edited:
So I've installed this but since I have, my wheel just will not work even though the sim is registering my inputs on the control setup screens? Can anyone help me?

My game is really bright with all these presets. Every source of light has a very bright glare to it. What can i change to reduce this?
Thanks

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea