Honda S800 Cabriolet

Cars Honda S800 Cabriolet 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_ks_barcelona_20-5-120-14-25-7.jpg
Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_ks_barcelona_20-5-120-14-30-19.jpg

Lovely little car but the 'elbows out' driver rather spoils it in VR. Has he got itchy armpits or something? ;)

Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_autopolis_oita_20-6-120-21-55-41.jpg

Isn't there a different driver that could be swapped in with a more natural posture for this car?

Lovely little car but the 'elbows out' driver rather spoils it in VR. Has he got itchy armpits or something? ;)

View attachment 383134

Isn't there a different driver that could be swapped in with a more natural posture for this car?
No, I would have to review the animation for that. I remember I had a lot of trouble to fit the tall driver into the car back then. Honestly I didn't go through that this time.

I notice there's no LODs, yet you mention an LOD B in an update from a while ago. Has this LOD been overlooked in this update?
Had to get rid of them for now, as updating to CSP required a lot of changes that should've been carried over to the LOD models and I didn't think it was worth the effort to re-do them all over again.

Thanks for the update. in cm showroom-car params-lights, if you check the lights parameter, the headlights do not light, only the dashboard in the car lights. cm and csp last
Lights work just fine, use reflections FX turned on. They won't show up in the showroom since they're refractive only.

Hey @A3DR I read your kind reply to my review! I am not sure however if you meant that you want me to write those points I made down here in the discussion thread or not?
Yes, just for the record. Every time I make an update I go through the discussion threads to see what needs fixing and see if I missed something. Makes it a lot easier to keep track of things.

- [Shaders Patch] the exhaust smoke is a neat little addition, but the values are a bit over-exaggerated in my opinion. Doing something more in line with the KS Abarth 595 seems better to me overall;
- [Camera] the bumper (or bonnet?) camera is off, you look through the car with it;
- [Model] there are no LODs. Wouldn't be that much of an issue, but the previous version had them so it kind of detracts from this update :( :(
- [Visuals] the steering wheel would need some refinement, it is still very blocky and the wooden texture could be improved;
- [Skins] there is a 'some other yellow' skin, which was labelled as simply 'yellow' previously (differently from 'bright_yellow' which is now 'yellow' on 2.0) and the 'silvergrey' skin should be labelled 'silvergrau' (silver_grey and silvergrau, now they have the same name basically); I know, first world problem, it's just that they were labelled correctly before and now they don't.

Thank you :)

Blame me for the bumper cam... I noticed both bonnet and bumper were stuck inside the geometry in my copy and I thought I fixed them both. Apparently I got the bonnet cam but neglected to save after adjusting the bumper.

No clue how they got where they are in the first place, but... I thought I'd sorted that. My bad.

Blame me for the bumper cam... I noticed both bonnet and bumper were stuck inside the geometry in my copy and I thought I fixed them both. Apparently I got the bonnet cam but neglected to save after adjusting the bumper.

No clue how they got where they are in the first place, but... I thought I'd sorted that. My bad.

Hey mate nothing to apologize for! Things that may happen, don't worry ;) It's just that I am a perfectionist, so I am not happy if I don't point out every small issue there is in anything I review :roflmao:

Yeah, I'm the same way. Doubly irritating since I noticed the issue and thought I'd fixed it. Fortunately it's not a primary camera view for most of us, and it's easy to adjust in session with the camera app for those who really need it. :thumbsup:

@A3DR you probably know, but you can actually simply scale the driver in the ksanim files to reduce his overall size. Standard Kunos driver is a massive bloke.

Honestly, no, I never considered that possibility. How does that work?
1.jpg

to scale the complete driver you use scale on the DRIVER_RIG_Center element in Pose mode, iirc this was something that somehow only worked with Blender and the Blender rig from Stereo, haven't tried this yet in 2.8. In the pic above I used extreme values to make an invisible driver for a commissioned project.

but you can use it on single bones too, I think i shrunk the head on some driver once to make it fit better

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.