Holy Smokes... the McLaren 720S GT3...

"the new 720S has a big set of shoes to fill as it looks to replace the incredibly successful 650S"
From the racing series I follow, it won at Bathurst in 2016 and a few races at the Blancpain Series of that season. Hardly an incredibly successful car if you ask me.

Since when does GTR3 has anything to do with GT3?

The 650s from AC isn't shitty to drive, it just requires more skill than other GT3 cars to drive and set up. Oh and I wouldn't expect this car to feel anything like its predecessors, since this is the first one developed by McLaren themselves AFAIK.
He's talking about the video game GTR3 numbnuts

The General Lee of the GT3s!!! :D

635707399117888888-EPA-USA-HOLLYWOOD-LEGENDS-AUCTION.jpg

The 650s got almost murdered when Blancpain switched tyres last year, remember the hard time Strakka had? - this year's compound makes it work a bit better, hence Garage 59 doing reasonably well ( very well if you look at AM class ) but the teams less connected with Mclaren all gave up on it already and as the car is end of life, who's going to want to invest in it now? It's won some other stuff too, but yes it has not really been that successful. It's a pity the Balfe car didn't show up for more British GT, it's been Aston semi-works vs the 63 Barwell Lambo the entire year :S

On the other hand the GT4 car has been successful, so hopefully the 720s can be too.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back