HOLY Shamolee - The Long Requested / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / Simhub Tactile Effects Thread

Mr Latte

Premium
I've been asked for a long time to do a thread on one of the most popular ever tactile transducers.
To this day the Buttkicker Gamer 2 is one of the most considered entry-level packages.

The CURSE OF TACTILE:
As tactile becomes a REAL headache of a topic.

First off, I'm going to simply request that this thread is for discussion only of using the Buttkicker Gamer product line.
This way all users are on the same hardware. It's not, to talk about tactile in general, it's not to talk about other models of Buttkicker or different makes of units and different models or using different amps etc.

Keeping It Simple Guys
So let's focus on and talk about using "Simhub" and getting started with effects creation/tuning for the BK Gamer & BK Gamer 2 models
My hope is people will benefit and learn from this, owners will get involved. People will start to share their own effects, discuss issues, configurations ask questions. I will help what I can and for those that are new to this and using a single shaker or indeed the more advanced users with multiple sets of units installed.

Getting Started:
Tactile when it's working nice can be a great addition but it can also be a troublesome one as these and many threads show regards setting up, configuring, and how to come up with nice working effects. I will continue to update this thread in time with images/info on getting started but I think we have a fair few that are already using and familiar with the software.

(Info on Amp & Soundcard Settings To be Added)
(Info on Windows/Software Settings To Be Added)
(Images for break down on mentioned factors, Master Volume / Effect Folders / Effect Layers)

Featured Effects - Lets SHARE!
Here is my own effects submission, as my first test effects based on ACC and The Ferrari 488GT3
I used this car for creating the files as I had previous effects testing done with this.

My advice is if checking out the effects try them on that sim/car.
People will likely use shared effects for other cars and sims too and that can vary how well or suitable the effects are but for feedback.
I would suggest relating to how effects feel with the car/sim they are created on. To me, this makes sense if someone else creates/shares their own sets to mention what sim/car was used.

What I attempted to do with this set was to bring more to the immersion than an individual or typically used tones have.
Yet also with the intent to make things easy and keep down the number of layers an effect uses. This way we can get more variation in the possible feel and personalize the felt sensations.

• As a baseline, these are not bad, better is possible with more layers but this being mostly aimed at beginners to tactile
  • I want to make it easier to start feeling or learning how we can achieve nice felt sensations
  • Simple advice, stick to altering just the volumes and not things in each layer's settings if you are not aware of how/what they do
  • In some scenarios with combinations of effects, even a single Hz change can alter how the layers of different effects work together or feel
  • This can be covered if the thread is a success and then we could start looking deeper into each effect's primary settings

Balancing Frequencies
With each effect, I have them simply labeled for easy discussion and in their own folder.
  • Within each folder, I have set out 3 layers for most effects
  • This enables altering the volume of individual layers to adjust the feel of that effect
  • Try each layer on its own, learn what it does/how it feels then set a general volume
  • Do the same for all effects, then fine-tune the volume for each effect folder, to balance the mix for all effects
  • Test and tweak, different cars or sims can vary even with the same settings

Same Effects / Very Different Feel
You can create a volume balance that is more towards the engine or chassis feel depending on what you like. It's also possible to create a volume mix for both scenarios and save these as individual profiles to then use/load as you please.

We all may differ in what, we prefer to represent sensations for different effects, so I welcome others to get involved too.
Personally, I think it's better to use more balanced volumes or try to limit the effects used. Even this set the Engine/Speed effects to keep a single unit busy and make it harder to feel other effects.

These effects have perhaps some potential for easier enjoyment in getting started but the may need better-balanced volume settings
See what you think and feel free to comment or indeed highlight issues.

How To Use:
Simhub can be found HERE
My efforts being shared are like an unofficial help/guidance I am no way associated with the software or its developer. I recommend this incredible software as it is the best option now available for tactile and with many other uses/features. So please consider giving its developer a kind donation.

I strongly recommend also reading any official documentation that is given to get a grasp of how to use it.

NOTICE: The attached set of effects is not to represent ideal/perfect settings but as a starter for people to use and give feedback. If people get involved and offer feedback or share their own effects then I will help with sharing other effects more to what people may want.

My Attached Profile:
*Download File, place it in Docs/Simhub folder and rename from ".txt" to ".siprofile" for it to work as a profile
You should then be able to import it into Simhub.

Attachments

• Assetto Corsa Competizione - RD Forums _ BK GAMER2 - ACC - Example Effects By Mr Latte.txt
    22.7 KB · Views: 1,577
Last edited:
Less is more. So true. I've got my setup now running pretty much better that I expected it would deliver. Last night I had my amp volume down a couple clicks (it resets every time you switch the main power switch off) and wow what an improvement. I have road impacts on at 23hz +/-10 and with the lower volume it's now so much more subtle but more realistic.

Upvote 0
Less is more. So true. I've got my setup now running pretty much better that I expected it would deliver. Last night I had my amp volume down a couple clicks (it resets every time you switch the main power switch off) and wow what an improvement. I have road impacts on at 23hz +/-10 and with the lower volume it's now so much more subtle but more realistic.
What transducer are you using ? Going down to 13Hz makes mine rattle a fair bit unless its super low volume.
I have mine at this now if your interested in trying :) This is with a single mini concert and stock Buttkicker amp .

Attachments

• Any Game - Latest test.siprofile.txt
    6.4 KB · Views: 196
Upvote 0
What transducer are you using ? Going down to 13Hz makes mine rattle a fair bit unless its super low volume.
I have mine at this now if your interested in trying :) This is with a single mini concert and stock Buttkicker amp .

I'm using the BK Gamer2. I have my master volume in SimHub at 75%, 12-13 steps volume on the amp and Road Impacts at 25%. No rattling at all but nice deep hits on the impacts, I used to have the amp volume around 15-17 but much greater feel with it down around 12-13 steps. Cheers I'll check your settings out tonight.

Upvote 0
I'm using the BK Gamer2. I have my master volume in SimHub at 75%, 12-13 steps volume on the amp and Road Impacts at 25%. No rattling at all but nice deep hits on the impacts, I used to have the amp volume around 15-17 but much greater feel with it down around 12-13 steps. Cheers I'll check your settings out tonight.
When you say "steps on the amp" do you mean clicks of the volume button?

Upvote 0
Yeah exactly that.
I tried your suggestion for road impacts but its not enough for my liking but i did end up lowering the amp all the way and brought it up 13 clicks and it is nicer :) I must have had it around 15 or more , everything else i still have the same as i linked here . It feels like an extension of the FFB and we all know how its all about personal preference , there is no wrong answer :)

Upvote 0
So true, I mounted mine to wood under my GT Ultimate and thinking I'm probably loosing a bit through the wood. I would have got the gamer 2 so it could mount directly but i would have had to wait till the end of July.

Upvote 0
What's the best location to mount one of these in an 8020 rig with a bucket seat for the best feel?

tried a few locations on mine and this works best.
used a spark pug socket bolted firmly to a spare angle fitting I had left over from my build.

the image suggests that the mount is touching the bottom of the seat but it is behind it by a few mm.

jHMeVp1.jpg

Upvote 0
tried a few locations on mine and this works best.
used a spark pug socket bolted firmly to a spare angle fitting I had left over from my build.

the image suggests that the mount is touching the bottom of the seat but it is behind it by a few mm.

View attachment 382828

Thank You! I have some spare fittings as well. I will be buying a bkgamer 2 to mount to my rig and will report on how that goes. I have the gt1 evo on stock rubber feet. Im in an apartment building but on the first floor, I think the superintendent lives somewhere below me in the basement but not sure. Hope it doesn't cause much noise. Here goes!

Upvote 0
Used a door handle bolt I had. Put a wide bolt at the top to capture it and stop it falling through the square hole on the socket then bolted the bottom through the angle bracket.

Upvote 0
done a fair bit of tuning today. still not 100% happy with it but this is my current setup.

Focused on achieving realistic engine and speed sounds as well as getting some suspension feedback without things getting muddy

I'm using this on pretty much every game, 4-6 clicks on the controller.

Attachments

• Any Game - rjk Profile Improved - Copy.txt
    16.3 KB · Views: 311
Upvote 0
This is exactly what I've been trying to find. I got my BKG2 but the tuning is very tedious and there's just so much that I don't understand about the advanced settings.

Been hoping to try out some new profiles to see how it is!

Upvote 0
I've fully dismantled my old rig several weeks ago and not had tactile running yet as working on new build. Will get back to this thread when I can. Good to see some others however offering some effects and profiles.

Upvote 0
This is exactly what I've been trying to find. I got my BKG2 but the tuning is very tedious and there's just so much that I don't understand about the advanced settings.

Been hoping to try out some new profiles to see how it is!

I've found one of the best way to adjust it using SimHub is by recording your game play, then playing it back out of the game and adjusting everything from there. It even has a screenshot capture mode so you can follow where you are actually driving.
simhubrecord.jpg

Upvote 0
Thanks I'll try that! I also loaded your settings file from Discord to try out too :)

No prob. Mine are constantly evolving but still remain somewhat close to what I put up on discord (bear in mind all of our chairs/rigs etc are different so what works well for my chair may not for yours). I still have rpm for idle only, gear change, speed, road impacts and wheel slip on the one shaker and it works well.

Upvote 0
No prob. Mine are constantly evolving but still remain somewhat close to what I put up on discord (bear in mind all of our chairs/rigs etc are different so what works well for my chair may not for yours). I still have rpm for idle only, gear change, speed, road impacts and wheel slip on the one shaker and it works well.
Those are all the effects I use too but I haven't customised them well enough so keen to try yours if you've played with the more advanced settings that I don't understand!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back