Heusinkveld sprint rumble pedal mod

Hello all,

I have recently upgraded my rig from Fanatec V3 pedals to the wonderful Heusinkveld sprints. I must say I am extremely happy with the upgrade, the only feature that I found myself missing was the integrated rumble motors that were included on the V3 pedal and brake. I was a huge fan of this functionality for detecting brake lockups and wheel slip. I then recalled seeing AMstudio (youtube channel dedicated to sim racing mods) create a rumble mod for a set of G920 pedals. I figured this same technique could be used for my new HE pedals. I have just finished setting everything up and I am extremely happy with how it turned out. I figured I would share my experience with the community for anyone interested in doing the same.

Credit: AMstudio (I highly recommend checking out his channel if you have not heard of him. Plenty of great ideas!)
Video where I got the idea: G920 Rumble Pedals

I have recently started working with Fusion360 to make small one off part mods for my sim rig. This was my first venture into making an entire project box and all related mounting hardware for this project. I ended up using the following hardware / software.

- 2 x xbox 360 rumble motors (Removed from old controllers I had).
- 22awg wire of various color for easy identification.
- 1 x Arduino UNO R3.
- 1 x Arduino motor shield v2.
- DC Power Female Socket with Lock Washer.
- 12v AC power cable.
- Soldering iron.
- Various lengths and sizes of heat shrink.
- Heat gun.
- USB A cable.

After I had everything wired and mounted to my satisfaction I used the built in Arduino tool within Simhub to write a sketch. I then proceed to setup the same shakeit profile that I had used previously with my Fanatec V3's. So far everything is working great. Curious to see if anyone has completed a similar mod, previously I had seen use of speakers to achieve what I assume is a similar response. I decided to go this route however as I had a lot of the hardware and all said and done cost me about $50/usd. Thanks for any feedback! Please keep in mind this is my first full 3d model / print implementation so I understand it's not perfect :).

Control_board.jpgRumble_motor_and_mounts.jpgEnclosure.jpgRig_mount_1.jpgRig_mount)2.jpg

A DAEX32EP-4 can provide brake pedal feedback @ 14Hz that is sensible with light foot pressure,
which frequency roughly corresponds to wheel rotation (and brake rotor runout) at 100kph.
Sadly, a Thruster cannot do that continuously without overheating and failing
after a minute or so; while the effect is evocative of initial brake pad contact to rotors,
it should be employed sparingly if at all.
With increasing applied pressure, the foot becomes less sensitive to that brake pedal stimulus.

Upvote 0
Just some generic Simhub effects.

It´s "good enough" for me as my focus is on driving, I´d like to keep it as simple as possible.
(KISS principle, more complexity is more failure possibilty)

I already hat one of the ( very second hand) amps cut out on me, it disturbed and distracted me during a race. So probably i´ll go for new one eventually.

Here you go:

View attachment 453294View attachment 453295

MFG Carsten
Thanks a lot for sharing your settings.
I am thinking of doing something similar at home.
Would you find a moment to show pedal mounting.
I will be very grateful.

Upvote 0
hey guys just saw this thread, was wondering if someone could make a list what parts to get to set this up. Like what is a amp, i dont even know.

Also are there more threads like how to setup everything like a step by step guide?

Also the mounting is really important right? how could i mount these? Since its not ideal how gamermuscle did it right?

Would be really helpfull since íve never done such thing. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hey guys just saw this thread, was wondering if someone could make a list what parts to get to set this up. Like what is a amp, i dont even know.

Also are there more threads like how to setup everything like a step by step guide?

Also the mounting is really important right? how could i mount these? Since its not ideal how gamermuscle did it right?

This should help you understand the basics.

And this is a vid of this type of mod on my pedals. Depending on your pedals, you'll just need to get creative and work out your own solution.

Upvote 0

It may be helpful if you share what sort of rig / setup your currently using as that can heavily impact your mounting options. If you have an extruded aluminum chassis your options are in effect limitless.

Upvote 0
Hey guys thanks for you replies rly appreciate, hope everyone is doing well!

- I’m using TLCM thrustmaster pedals With wheel stand pro

- but I want to upgrade to a aluminium rig soon

- i’m moving at the moment that’s why am waiting

- could u guys recommend me another type of bass shaker than DAEX32EP-4 cus they are out of stock? also could i use anyone does it even matter which one i buy? If i would use

Dayton Audio DAEX32U-4 Ultra 32mm Exciter 20W 4 Ohm

Is it worse than others?

btw im from germany, much love from Germany :D!

thanks for your help

kind regards

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hey guys i purchased the DAEX32EP-4 but they dont have them in stock till end of may... so i would like to ask how do u think these are Dayton Audio BST-1 High Power Pro Tactile Bass Shaker 50 Watts or which shakers could i get for my pedals and maybe my simrig for front and seat?

thanks in advance

Upvote 0
I now officially can post in this thread ;),
my exciters were transfered to a three pedalset of HSF Sprints.

I had to crank up the power a little, the Heusinkfelds are stiffer than my former Frankenstein T3PA pros.

Still working on ergonomics, in order to get driving fast i didn´t take the challenge to mount brake and clutch in the inverted position but ordered the HSF pedal plate.

I´ll probably get to that later.

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
I also forgot to mention, if anyone would be interested in the 3d models I made to support this build please let my know and I can share them here.
Hi,
Thanks for sharing this fantastic idea. I am going to have a go at this as I do miss the rumble from the v3 peddles. If you wouldn’t mind sharing the 3D models that would be a great help.
many thanks.

Upvote 0
guys i bought the Dayton Audio BST-1 High Power Pro Tactile Bass Shaker 50 Watts its huge XD, after one week it came, would not recommend for pedals. But i will mount it on my seat after i get the other bass shakers, now its used as brake pedal :D.!

Edit: im figuring out how to set it up, what hz should i run this :S

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I missed this also when I got my Sprints about 18 month back but have 3x amps and 6 buttkicker LFE minis
2 front 2 middle and 2 rear of my rig
I use the front 2 to vibrate under braking using custom settings inside Simhub works awesome with crazy control on the curves

Upvote 0
Hi,
Thanks for sharing this fantastic idea. I am going to have a go at this as I do miss the rumble from the v3 peddles. If you wouldn’t mind sharing the 3D models that would be a great help.
many thanks.

Yes, here are the models I used. As a reference I used 4 x M3 x 8mm bolt with nut to attach the motors to the pedal brackets.

Attachments

• Arduino Uno Motor Box Lid.stl
    5.7 KB · Views: 134
  • Arduino Uno Motor Box.stl
    44.6 KB · Views: 125
  • HE Motor Mount.stl
    29 KB · Views: 135
  • Rumble Motor Mount.stl
    49.2 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News