Paul Jeffrey

Premium
We talk to Niels Heusinkveld and try out the soon to be released Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Sprint.

Catching up with Niels Heusinkveld at the recent very busy Sim Racing Expo over in Germany, we took the opportunity to quiz the man behind Heusinkveld Engineering about his newly announced Sim Pedals Sprint set of high end sim racing pedals. With Niels in a buoyant mood following what appeared to be a largely very positive reception to the new hardware, we took the opportunity to question him about the features and improvements of the new gear, learning plenty about how some dramatic software features and production improvements have moved the product range on from the already very impressive offerings of HE Engineering.

Not content with merely taking Niels at his word, we also couldn't quite resist the chance to get strapped into the cockpit and have a go ourselves, recording a short but sweet talk and drive segment as we give our first impressions based on the limited time we had with these brand new set of pedals.

Frankly, I was very impressed, although it is exceptionally hard to gather any serious kind of feel with something like a high end set of pedals with such a short period of time behind the wheel... not helped any by a crowd of people watching on, and a camera and microphone in my face!

However, with that said I'm going to be lucky enough to take receipt of a review set of these pedals in the very near future, so please consider this more of a taster video, with a much more in depth and detailed look at the HE Sim Pedals Sprint set to appear on our various social media channels in the near future. So stay tuned, get subscribed and watch out for some new footage in the (hopefully) coming weeks...

Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Sprint Talk n Drive.jpg

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
I'm a bit tired of this situation.
Heusinkveld said:
Despite forecasting a much higher demand compared to our previous products, the amount of requests for our new Sim Pedals Sprint turned out to be several times higher than expected. That means that we are likely to sell out again.
If we sell out, additional stock will be ready in January. Please be assured that we are flat out with regard to assembly of more stock. If you miss out, we need a bit of your patience.

:geek:

Upvote 0
I'm a bit tired of this situation.

I wouldn't be hard on them, sure it's frustrating if you're eagerly waiting for your pedals to arrive. They're a pretty small business and can only produce a certain amount per day. I've got a fair amount of gear from Heusinkveld and yeah it's tough waiting for your new toys to arrive; I've been there before.

Upvote 0
Just took the plunge and ordered a pair from Demon Tweaks as it appears they have stock. Says available in 3 days (presumably because they're shut for the holidays - it said 4 days yesterday). Super excited as these will be a huge step up from my T500 (T3PA Pro) pedals :D:D:D

Congratulations! I also came from a T3PA pedal set, I can tell you, it’s a whole different universe. I need to get used to the heavier force needed, but I can already feel that this will make me more consistent because of better muscle memory. What I like most is all the adjustments that you can make with the Sprint, I can get them exactly how I want them. The break pedal is the real star of the show though, it feels like a real racing break pedal. If you are going to mount them to an 80/20 frame, as in my case, I needed some M6 slot nuts and M6X16 bolts with hex heads, like this:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...ex-Head-Cap-Screws-2-per-Bag-802178/204281901

and some M6 split washers:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-M6-Zinc-Plated-Metric-Lock-Washer-5-Piece-Bag-802488/204604801

M6 slot nut:

https://www.techtoolsupply.com/Prod...yBcPmtQQtCL6SkZ9m6tT2n9oMKAT_80BoCMU4QAvD_BwE

The included M5 bolts where too long for my 80/20 slots and I didn’t have M5 slot nuts.

Upvote 0
Just took the plunge and ordered a set from Demon Tweaks as it appears they have stock. Says available in 3 days (presumably because they're shut for the holidays - it said 4 days yesterday). Super excited as these will be a huge step up from my T500 (T3PA Pro) pedals :D:D:D

Congratulations! I also came from a T3PA pedal set, I can tell you, it’s a whole different universe. I need to get used to the heavier force needed, but I can already feel that this will make me more consistent because of better muscle memory. What I like most is all the adjustments that you can make with the Sprint, I can get them exactly how I want them. The break pedal is the real star of the show though, it feels like a real racing break pedal. If you are going to mount them to an 80/20 frame, as in my case, I needed some M6 slot nuts and M6X16 bolts with hex heads, like this:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...ex-Head-Cap-Screws-2-per-Bag-802178/204281901

and some M6 split washers:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-M6-Zinc-Plated-Metric-Lock-Washer-5-Piece-Bag-802488/204604801

M6 slot nut:

https://www.techtoolsupply.com/Prod...yBcPmtQQtCL6SkZ9m6tT2n9oMKAT_80BoCMU4QAvD_BwE

The included M5 bolts where too long for my 80/20 slots and I didn’t have M5 slot nuts.

Just thought I'd post an update... turns out Demon Tweaks didn't have stock. They said they are expecting stock around the end of January. I asked them to cancel my order, mainly because I did it before I made an account with them, and will either re-order from them (so it's in my account) or direct from Heusinkveld themselves - I think the 2nd option most likely. As for my rig, I don't have an 80/20 rig unfortunately. Am limited by space so my rig is part of my desk. The pedals are mounted on a wood frame (made of CLS 63mmx38mm timber that is used to make plasterboard walls so is very strong) which is fastened to the floor - it's rock solid and doesn't move.

Once I've got all my new gear I'm going to look at getting a new rig to mount everything on properly. However, I do need to be able to use my PC at a desk most of the time for other stuff, so have yet to figure out how I'm going to do this (but that's another discussion for another thread).

I'm keeping an eye on Heusinkveld on social media for updates on availability and will be checking the website daily too :whistling:

Upvote 0
The first thing I do every morning is to pay a visit to the Heusinkveld website. Then, at least a dozen times along the day. They could at least update the information of the exact date when the pedals are again in stock. I am logged in their website in all my computers and I have the money ready in my VISA for the payment. So, I think it's just a matter of not missing the information of the exact date and time when the stock is back.

Upvote 0
The first thing I do every morning is to pay a visit to the Heusinkveld website. Then, at least a dozen times along the day. They could at least update the information of the exact date when the pedals are again in stock. I am logged in their website in all my computers and I have the money ready in my VISA for the payment. So, I think it's just a matter of not missing the information of the exact date and time when the stock is back.

Best is to follow them on Twitter and turn on notifications for them, last time they announced one hour before that they would start to sell a batch, I had plenty time to get ready to murder that F5 key :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah as you say I find myself checking the site at least a dozen times per day!

Best is to follow them on Twitter and turn on notifications for them, last time they announced one hour before that they would start to sell a batch, I had plenty time to get ready to murder that F5 key :D
Following them on Instagram and Facebook. I do have Twitter but don't use it. I'm sure they announced it on Facebook too last time :)

Upvote 0
Just in case anyone's still watching this thread for news about the next batch of pedals. I decided to re-order some from Demon Tweeks so that I'd make sure I got some (and also I think the postage will be cheaper), rather than having to constantly check the Heusinkveld website/social media for news.

I've just had an (automated) email from Demon Tweeks yesterday saying they're expecting stock on 6th February now (instead of the previous estimate of 29th Jan).

Upvote 0
The stock information has been updated. Basically, resellers go first and the rest of the world will have to wait (late February, maybe March?).

Heusinkveld January stock update
The latest info with regard to stock of our key pedal products

Because we are getting a lot of questions with regard to the stock levels, we’d like to give you an update with regard to our key pedal products.

Sim Pedals Sprint
Last December saw the release of our all new Sim Pedals Sprint. Despite launching with our largest stock ever for a new product, we (and our resellers) sold out within minutes.

Because demand is multiple times higher than we ever experienced before, assembly of new sets has continued during the holidays. Next week will also see the addition of extra warehouse space and assembly staff at Heusinkveld headquarters. We’re flat out with regard to meeting demand for the Sim Pedals Sprint.

We are aware that there currently is one reseller with open orders (Demon Tweeks UK). Before we take on any new orders, products for customers who currently have open orders at Demon Tweeks will be shipped first. Once these orders have been fulfilled, stock will re-appear in our own webshop (and at other vendors).

Because of the excessive demand for the Sim Pedals Sprint, it may take until well into February before we have continuous stock of Sim Pedals Sprint. Since our full focus is on production and expanding assembly and warehouse capacity, we will not be taking any reservations or pre-orders. We hope you understand this.

Upvote 0

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 43 86.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 30.0%