Tracks help my track mod doesnt load in AC

ACFAN

SHR Modding
so i'm just starting off learning track modding and I have something very very basic at the moment. Just wanted to see if it was drivable.

I followed this tutorial

and exported to fbx using these settings from the official forum page titled 'Build your first TRACK - BASIC GUIDE'

index.php

then I set up some basic shaders for the road, grass and kerb textures (nothing else is in the model yet) and exported to kn5

but when I launch ac in practice mode it crashes back to launcher.
I used the drift track folder structure to save time. file names match folder name and all are lower case.
what else could be wrong?
I just want to get something running first before spending time building a full model

here are the files if anyone needs them
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgPMO1mLifl4wp04NBTV2tbnPhKKDQ

The crash is caused by the camera_facing.ini file. If the game can't find the objects used in that file, it will crash, so you just need to delete it for now. The scale is totally wrong btw, you should check your units settings when exporting to fbx.

The crash is caused by the camera_facing.ini file. If the game can't find the objects used in that file, it will crash, so you just need to delete it for now. The scale is totally wrong btw, you should check your units settings when exporting to fbx.

Thanks, yes I had a feeling the scale was off but not a hard fix

Thanks for your help. I exported the fbx in ascii and the scaling issues were sorted

I have one more question before I'm going to start to fully build the track.

That is about the sun. It seems that the sun goes the wrong way in the sky. How do u change the sun behaviour? I've had a look at the toggles and sliders under the illumination tab but have no idea what each one does

Thanks for your help. I exported the fbx in ascii and the scaling issues were sorted

I have one more question before I'm going to start to fully build the track.

That is about the sun. It seems that the sun goes the wrong way in the sky. How do u change the sun behaviour? I've had a look at the toggles and sliders under the illumination tab but have no idea what each one does
Those sliders in the editor do nothing permanent afaik. You could try fiddling with the lighting.ini file in your track folder.

Those sliders in the editor do nothing permanent afaik. You could try fiddling with the lighting.ini file in your track folder.

Ok thanks. I'll have a fiddle. Might just have to rotate the whole model to get the best compromise

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back