Have Your Say: What Tracks Have You Visited In Real Life?

I've been fortunate enough to visit a few tracks around the globe.

• Knockhill
  • Ingliston - even though it's pretty much just a car park now.
  • Driftland (Fife) - UKs first purpose built drift track!
  • Donnignton
  • Oulton Park
  • Silverstone
Outside of the uk...
  • Zandvoort
  • Le Mans
  • Chamonix Ice Racing Circuit
  • Monaco
  • Monza
  • Mosport
  • Exhibition Place Toronto
  • Daytona

First and only Tarumã, watching Endurance Brasil first, then expanding to Copa Classic and the regional Marcas e Pilotos championship.

By the way, the first round of the Endurance Brasil which I watched live on track was streamed on YouTube, as the other rounds will be this year, so recommend to take a look.

• Deleted member 205301

I'm pretty impressed by so much passion here.
lots of guys have a big experience, it's really good to see that here, in RD, people are not "only" concerning by simracing, but also by "real racing"...
But...i'm not sure if I'm right to say it, i'm pretty certain that there are a number (big or not, I don't know) of people "dreaming", or not telling the truth...Some posts are amazing, but I have no problem to believe them, but for some others (especially the non-members) I simply cannot believe it. I won't point nobody, and don't want to be "that guy", but, really...I cannot believe some of you...(about 4-5 guys, no more)
@++

Ascot Park
OCIR
Lions Drag Strip
Riverside International Raceway
Saddleback Park
Costa Mesa Fairgrounds
Pomona Fairgrounds
Cal Expo Sacramento
Manzanita Speedway
Old Tuscon (dirt)
Tuscon Raceway Park
El Centro Fairgrounds
Yuma Speedway
Bakersfield Speedway (Oildale)
Mesa Marin Raceway
Ventura Raceway
Santa Maria Speedway
Kings Speedway
Silver Dollar Speedway
Calistoga Speedway
Perris Auto Speedway
Sonoma Raceway
Phoenix International Raceway
USGP West (Long Beach)
Long Beach GP (current)
California Speedway
Irwindale Speedway

Last edited:
I'm pretty impressed by so much passion here.
lots of guys have a big experience, it's really good to see that here, in RD, people are not "only" concerning by simracing, but also by "real racing"...
But...i'm not sure if I'm right to say it, i'm pretty certain that there are a number (big or not, I don't know) of people "dreaming", or not telling the truth...Some posts are amazing, but I have no problem to believe them, but for some others (especially the non-members) I simply cannot believe it. I won't point nobody, and don't want to be "that guy", but, really...I cannot believe some of you...(about 4-5 guys, no more)
@++
I know what you mean. A couple on here I've wondered how it was possible unless they have no job and loads of money, which is possible, and just go around the world watching and/or racing at all the circuits.
I guess there is no way to prove it either...
Unless, of course, people have saved their tickets or have pictures of themselves at the circuits in question.
Luckily I have most of my tickets and pictures of me at the circuits I have been to and a whole load of DVDs of me actually racing Club 100 at most of the UK kart circuits.

I road raced motorcycles in Southern California at:
- Riverside International Raceway, CA
- Ontario Motor Speedway, CA (gone)
- Willow Springs International, CA

I traveled as an instructor for the California Superbike School to:
- Daytona. Fl
- New Hampshire Motor Speedway. NH
- Laguna Seca, CA
(Side note: my wife and I married in Carmel, CA. We drove by the Laguna Seca race track on our way back to Los Angeles. There was a wire fence around the facility but I notice part of it was bent down. I simply drove over the fence and we drove over the hill to the track and made about four passes around the track and never got caught - then headed home. What luck!}

I worked for Toyota's advertising agency that sponsored the
Long Beach GP and Watkins Glen, NY where we worked closely with Jody Scheckter our spokesman when he was driving for Walter Wolf Racing in 1978.

I moved from LA to NY and these tracks became favorites racing sites:
- Limerock, CT
- Pocono, PA
- Montreal F1 Grand Prix, Canada

I know what you mean. A couple on here I've wondered how it was possible unless they have no job and loads of money, which is possible, and just go around the world watching and/or racing at all the circuits.
I guess there is no way to prove it either...
Unless, of course, people have saved their tickets or have pictures of themselves at the circuits in question.
Luckily I have most of my tickets and pictures of me at the circuits I have been to and a whole load of DVDs of me actually racing Club 100 at most of the UK kart circuits.

Ascot Park

Props for representing Ascot!!! My grandfather used to take me when I was about 5 years old...single-handedly fueled my love for racing.

I have been to:
Ascot Park
California Speedway
Irwindale
Long Beach Grand Prix (my hometown!)
Laguna Seca (drove Skip Barber here)

Some of us also work in motorsport.
I did not realise how many circuits I had visited in the last 25 years until I listed them.

Always wanted to work in Motorsport. Mainly as a driver of course. But I also liked the idea of being part of the corporate hospitality or agent etc.
I very nearly won a Clio Cup Schorlarship where I would have received a 75k race season support race of the BTCC... so close yet so far.

What do you work as in Motorsport if you don't mind my asking?

Props for representing Ascot!!! My grandfather used to take me when I was about 5 years old...single-handedly fueled my love for racing.

I have been to:
Ascot Park
California Speedway
Irwindale
Long Beach Grand Prix (my hometown!)
Laguna Seca (drove Skip Barber here)

Thanks.. Ascot was special unlike anything else I've seen in that everyone involved from the teams, the officials, the promoter, and fans was like one huge family.. And everyone interacted as such.. The wife and I had our first date there, and her Dad raced a stock car up at Silver Dollar in Chico Ca.. Once Ascot closed, the weekly Sprint Car series became a touring series and we spent the next several years traveling around for that.. We had some really good friends involved, mainly the father of one of my oldest friends.. We also had a family started, so once Perris was built the traveling stopped.. Irwindale was really good for about ten years too.. It wasn't expensive, tickets cost less than a tank of gas.

My only regret would be not getting to go to California Jam at Ontario, and never going to Ontario for anything.. The bucket list item I suppose would be the nostalgia drags at Famosa in Bakersfield.. they still do 1/4 mile spec top fuel and funny car.. Have not attended anything in over ten years..

These days I follow mainly MCE British Superbike and WSBK and WRC..

• Deleted member 205301

Always wanted to work in Motorsport. Mainly as a driver of course. But I also liked the idea of being part of the corporate hospitality or agent etc.

It seems like i'm in the same way.... So I tried to work in, and I did, Worked as a commercial for my local track (pau arnos) and the serie they try to promote (legend car cup)...in the same time my gf found a work as community manager in another raceserie (Mitjet), that seems to be the life we dreamed about, but....this was not what I expected, i gained really not enough money (not enough for racing myself, even in go-kart), so decided to see elsewhere, and returned to what i used to do...(and my gf get fired, after a 8 month contract)....
Working in motorsport was something like a dream, and I really believed thats was the best way for happiness, but things show me that it wasn't the case, the world is like it is, and if you want to achieve some goals, you have to make money...and you won't do it in motorsport :)
@++

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea