Have Your Say: What Tracks Have You Visited In Real Life?

Yeah. I think for some lucky people they get right support at the right time and get to enjoy many years racing in all sorts of different disciplines all over the world.
Some of us are dreamers that believe we could have competed had we only got the chance.
One thing I learned quite quickly during my years karting was that you have 25-30 other drivers who believe the same thing you do and that makes it very hard to get to the top of the pile.
I remember even a guy who ran Amber Lounge was at the Clio Cup Scholarship as he was hoping to be quick enough to get a season of racing. He would have had more money and contacts in the world of motorsport than I could ever have and he still needed a helping hand. Kind of an elitist sport really. But can't stop feeling that one day, even though I'm 40 now, I'll be able to race. Even if it's just back in karts again

Hockenheimring (old and new, many times, FIA GT, ADAC GT Masters, NitrolympX, ...)
Nürburgring (way to many times, 24h, VLN, 1000km, Truck GP, ...)
Zweibrücken (late 90s Super Touring Car race, once)
Berlin Tempelhof (Formula E 2015)
Berlin Karl Marx Allee (Formula E 2016)
Nazareth Speedway, PA (i think 2002 or 2003 when it was still alive, but it was closed that day :( )
2 tiny local Slalom/Autocross tracks, each visited once

AVUS (visited when i went to the Tempelhof race, so some years after it died)
Yet to run a lap on the 1907 Kaiserpreis Circuit which is just around the corner...

What about... virtual racetracks that have a real setting, like those New York tracks from Forza or Gran Turismo? :whistling:

Last edited:
Been to:

- Mondello Park, driving experience when much younger
- Silverstone, drove Johnny Herbert's 1999 Stewart F1 car
- Thruxton, local track when I lived in Winchester, UK
- Barbagallo, local track now
- Albert Park, every year since 2009

Upcoming:

- Adelaide, going next year for Clipsal 500
- Singapore, for F1 this year
- Abu Dhabi, for F1 this year

Brno
Slovakiaring
Silverstone
and the world's first purpose-built motor racing circuit Brooklands
uh and also now non existing track at one Slovak airport base Piestany circuit

Always wanted to work in Motorsport. Mainly as a driver of course. But I also liked the idea of being part of the corporate hospitality or agent etc.
I very nearly won a Clio Cup Schorlarship where I would have received a 75k race season support race of the BTCC... so close yet so far.

What do you work as in Motorsport if you don't mind my asking?

I am a tyre engineer working in motorcycle.
I have worked in :
MotoGP
AMA
CIV
IDM
EWC
Road Racing
+ other various championships.

Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (I live here), Mosport, Shannonville, Vancouver Indy Track, Mission International Raceway, Indianapolis Motor Speedway (testing day, nobody on track)

I do 20 track days a year at these tracks -
Road Atlanta
Atlanta Motorsports Park
Barber
TGPR (Tallagega Grand Prix Raceway)
Nashville Super Speedway
Corvette Proving Grounds (NCM)
Roebling Road

Two weeks ago at Road Atlanta in my '11 BMW 335i and Barber in January.

Valencia, Brands, Silverstone, Catalunya, Zhuhai, Guia, Shanghai, Sepang, Mosport, Mid-Ohio, Sebring, Laguna, Button willow, San Jose (street), Denver (street), Miller motorsports park, Houston (street), Portland, Barber, VIR, Daytona (road course), Homestead, Indianpolis (old gp layout), Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta, Road America, Sonoma, Montreal, Tremblant, Trois Rivieres (street), Toronto (street).

Oulton Park, every Silverstone since 1988, Donington Park, Cadwell Park, Snetterton, Dijon, Nordschleife, Spa, Knockhill, Brands Hatch, Mallory Park, Pembrey, Croft, old and new, Rockingham. Just about every short oval in Britain and some in Europe and lots of grass ovals and a couple of dragstrips!

Circuits:
Pacific Raceways, Kent Washington
The Ridge Motorsport Park, Shelton Washington
Oregon Raceway Park, Grass Valley Oregon
Portland International Raceway, Portland Oregon
Willow Springs International Motorsports Park, Rosamond California
Streets of Willow Springs, Rosamond California
Sears Point Raceway, Sonoma California
Laguna Seca, Salinas California
Thunderhill Raceway, Willows California

Hillclimbs:
Maryhill Hillclimb, Goldendale Washington
Bible Creek Hillclimb, Beaver Oregon
Cascade Lakes Hillclimb, Ashland Oregon
Larison Rock Hillclimb, Oakridge Oregon
Bogus Basin Hillclimb, Boise Idaho

Silverstone, every version since 1989. Cadwell multiple layouts, Donington, Knockhill, Oulton, Snetterton, Brands Hatch, Dijon, Le Mans, Nordschleife, Pembrey, Lydden Hill, Shelsley Walsh, Prescott, Gurston Down, Goodwood Hill, Croft for RX and cars, Valkensward for RX, Mallory Park, Castle Combe. Rockingham.

And that is from memory without checking, then I can add motocross tracks, short ovals, autograss tracks, drag strips, sprint venues.

Still got to get to Thruxton!

Yes, but to be honest it is probably my least favourite, no atmosphere, dull to watch it in the most part. Seen rallies, there, ralycross, al sorts of events. It's just up the road so that.s why. Probably seen just as much variety at Cadwell, seen at least 5 or 6 versions of events run there too

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 202 14.9%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 383 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 520 38.3%