Have Your Say: What Tracks Have You Visited In Real Life?

Home:

Brands Hatch - Localish track 55minute drive away
Silverstone
Goodwood Local track 30minute drive away
Castle Coombe
A load of UK Short Oval (1/4mile) Tracks - Both Grass and tarmac/concrete

Abroad:

Spa-Franchorchamps - Worked in Pit Lane (Timing Board Guy!) during an Historic Event
Daytona International Raceway - 2012, the only time the race was delayed to the following evening under the Lights, when Montoya thought it'd be fun to drive into one of the Air Blower Trucks, cause a huge fireball and wreck the track surface. Race eventually finished about 1am!
Bathurst - Mount Panaorma 2014, camped in the middle, best week of my racing life
Gold Coast 2014, fell in love with the place
Barbagallo Raceway, Wannaroo - Perth 2015, took my most favourite racing picture of Craig Lowndes getting air off a curb (see avatar)
Hidden Valley Raceway, Darwin 2015, it was hot!
Queensland Raceway 2015, drove a V8Supercar on a Driving Experience day...it was bloody awesome!

1983 Monaco GP , Keke Rosberg winner under the rain , the most exciting weekend of my childhood . back then it was possible to take a walk on the box lane during the saturday night , when all the mechanics were working tirelessly to prepeare the cars for the race . it was great .
then I have been to mugello several times to watch the moto gp and , before that , the 500cc , Mugello is another great place , the atmosphere is unbelieveble , very exciting and a lot of fun .

Brands Hatch loads of times (Live down the road from it) and driven it
Lydden Hill (Just down the road again)
Buckmore Park (Right near home great kart circuit)
Silverstone
Snetterton
Thruxton
Donnington
Goodwood
Daytona
Spa
Le Mans
Bahrain
Abu Dhabi
Nurburgring GP
Nurburgring Nordschleife (driven it)
Quite a few rallies as well (ok not circuits) Finland, GB, and Germany :cool:

Permanent:
  • Falkenberg, basically once a year
  • Ring Kuntstorp
  • Mantorp
  • Anderstorp
  • Kinnekulle Ring (yes, they still use it)
Temporary:
  • Skövde Airport
  • Ljungbyhed Airport
And if you also count smaller, club tracks for folkrace and rallycross
  • Frölanda (folkrace and RX)
  • Ulrichamn (folkrace)
  • Taberg (folkrace)
  • Skillingaryd BBG-Arena (folkrace)
  • Vimmerby (folkrace)
  • Tidaholm (folkrace)
  • Kinnekulle Ring in RX format
  • Skövde Airport in RX format
  • Falköping (folkrace and RX)
  • and probably a few more :p

Well unfortuantly circumstances have (so far) prevented me from getting the opportunity to travel outside of the UK much for races, so mine are all pretty local.

In no particular order they are:

• Donington Park
  • Brands Hatch
  • Oulton Park
  • Knockhill
  • Cadwell Park
  • Silverstone
  • Mallory Park
  • Barcelona
  • PFI International (FIA grade kart track)
Best memory? Would have to be at Donington in 1998 (I think) for the FIA GT event. Waiting first thing in the morning at the bottom of the Old Hairpin for the cars to come round in first practice. The fog was seriously thick that day and we were unsure if practice would be allowed to go ahead. I recall hearing an almighty rumble from the pits (that amazing throttle blipping noise kick ass cars make when they are getting warmed up to go out) and we all got super excited. A few minutes later you could hear it come down the pitlane and open up into Redgate corner, bump bang grrr, it sounded wonderful but we could still see practically nothing. Then as if by some sort of black magic it just appeared out of the fog, lights ablaze and spitting flames out of the exhaust as it hurtled down Crainer Curves and turned into the Old Hairpin. It was a Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR driven by Mark Webber. Man that was cool.

Other highlights from that weekend included sitting in the awesome Allan McNish Porsche 911 GT1 car right after the race, and driving GTR1 (or 2?) using a proper Viper as a cockpit!

Great times...

Raced at most of the major outdoor kart circuits in the UK during my 5 years racing with Club 100

Tracks visited
Brands Hatch - BTCC, WTCC, DTM, British Superbikes
Silverstone - BTCC, F1 multiple times
3 Sisters Race track - As I took part in the Clio Cup Scholarship
Monza - Italian F1 GP
Circuit de la Sarthe - Le Mans 24 hours
Circuit de Cataluyna - Spanish F1 GP
Circuit of the Americas - Inaugural US F1 GP
Sepang - Malaysian F1 GP multiple times, GT3 test days, Malaysian super series plus drag racing etc.
KL City Track - For the City GP and V8 Supercars demonstration weekend
Singapore - For the Singapore F1 GP night race multiple times
Spa Francorchamps - took part in a 10 hour endurance race using 115cc direct drive 2 stroke karts at the track inside the circuit.

• Deleted member 205301

Raced at most of the major outdoor kart circuits in the UK during my 5 years racing with Club 100

Tracks visited
Brands Hatch - BTCC, WTCC, DTM, British Superbikes
Silverstone - BTCC, F1 multiple times
3 Sisters Race track - As I took part in the Clio Cup Scholarship
Monza - Italian F1 GP
Circuit de la Sarthe - Le Mans 24 hours
Circuit de Cataluyna - Spanish F1 GP
Circuit of the Americas - Inaugural US F1 GP
Sepang - Malaysian F1 GP multiple times, GT3 test days, Malaysian super series plus drag racing etc.
KL City Track - For the City GP and V8 Supercars demonstration weekend
Singapore - For the Singapore F1 GP night race multiple times
Spa Francorchamps - took part in a 10 hour endurance race using 115cc direct drive 2 stroke karts at the track inside the circuit.

Wow, what an impressive traveller ..a real globe trotter..was it only for spectate racing, or you traveled so much for work too ?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.