Have you watched a good movie lately?

Black Swan

Sadly there are some weaker points, like too overdrawn 'horror' elements, some too cliché stuff aswell.

Overall great movie though.
I really liked the performance of every actor and actress.
To see a theme of colour representing the story and the play as a supporting element is nice to see aswell. There were several great methods used in movies in a great way. Symbolism, colour, metaphors, themes. All nicely connected and consistent throughout the film.

Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children.
While a little predictable, it is kind of a fun movie. I do, however, have one special reason for liking this movie, and it is my son. He is a high-functioning autistic 11 year old child, and relates very well to the characters who have differences from all the other people in the world. Just like him. He understands he is different and works very hard to get through them all. The movie just helps him realize he isn't alone and there are ways to come together and embrace our differences.

I know, not a movie...

But everyone just has to watch the series Westworld!
Masterpiece!

I just hope they won't screw up S2 because S1 can stand on it's own

I dropped HBO a few weeks ago, just after The Leftovers season premiere (another good one). Hopefully the prices will come down soon and I can pick it back up. Hopefully, too, before Game of Thrones comes back. Westworld was pretty awesome. I read the Crichton novel, and enjoyed the original Yule Brenner movie, but this is in a different league. And so many unanswered questions I need to know!

Logan... Upon watching, I am severely disappointed to see it was over-rated actually. Too many plot-holes and silliness' ruin the great first half of the movie.

Still, a very decent superhero movie as it deals with the genre with a unique approach.

Hell or High Water

WOW, I must say that was one hell of a movie. This movie was so straight-forward, so intense, the dialogue was kinda funny in some way. Taylor Sheridan sure did a great job with the screenplay of this movie.

2001 - A Space Odyssey

Finally got to see that one and i am absolutely stunned!
The visuals, the cinematography, the tension and build-ups. I like slow paced, silent movies.

And terrifying in very subtle and simple ways.

Am i able to tell you what the exact meaning of it is?
I am sorry, but i am afraid i can't do that.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Great movie, great cinematography, great soundtrack and great performance from Gary Oldman.
Too bad that Tomas Alfredson's The Snowman isn't doing well.

Ready Player One

So good!!! Steven Spielberg is amazing, he's already 71 yrs old but still consistently makes good movies. Also, the chemistry between Tye Sheridan and Olivia Cooke was really good.
I think the people will love this movie as much as I do, it's full of easter eggs and pop cultures.

The Greatest Showman

True, this is a musical, but still a lot of fun. A story about a man who can't balance his love for his family and his love for his career. And it would be just fine for kids, too, as the music is catchy and exciting.

Icarus (on Netflix).

Basically this semi-professional bicyclist sets out to make a documentary about drug doping and how easy it is to dupe the system. He then gets in contact with a Russian guy who helps him dope, but he finds out that this Russian guy is the mastermind behind the Russian Olympic team's massive success (and doping scandal) in the Sochi Winter Olympics, and basically the security threats from Russian political officials (I won't spoil too much of it) on this guy's life as a result of it.

Blew my mind. If you've got the spare time to watch it, it's legitimately one of the best documentaries I've ever seen.

@Bram Hengeveld I feel like this is the type of movie you'd really enjoy. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back