GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1

Misc GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1 16.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Well thnx for shiwing this thread, i simulated a few endurance races and the dnfs were slightly reduced after that
the first affirmation of braddw25 is wrong as GTR2 AI do not use hdc pitstop values, it is for player only! Indeed AI will automatically adjust fuel with data from AIW, PLR, ENG and RCD files. You can preset fuel tank from whatever value, only player will be affected.

Second affirmation could be right if pit position is bad in AIW and so AI cannot enter/exit pits (which leads to dnf if they cannot refuel) : it is the case in original donington and enna (plus bad safety car position at Oscherleben which leads to same effect) that I have fixed in HQ tracks. And this could happen in many modded tracks as few modders pay attention to that detail, so yes it is recommended to display only player pitcrew and this is how I set it in the preset PLAYER PLR in HQ Ann. patch.

No It is still there instead of SIM_OFFICIAL.GDB : click on big white arrows (left or right) to cycle through menu till you see SIM FULL.
I did that because original SIM_OFFICIAL.GDB is useless as it shows only 2003/2004 original cars.

the first affirmation of braddw25 is wrong as GTR2 AI do not use hdc pitstop values, it is for player only! Indeed AI will automatically adjust fuel with data from AIW, PLR, ENG and RCD files. You can preset fuel tank from whatever value, only player will be affected.

Second affirmation could be right if pit position is bad in AIW and so AI cannot enter/exit pits (which leads to dnf if they cannot refuel) : it is the case in original donington and enna (plus bad safety car position at Oscherleben which leads to same effect) that I have fixed in HQ tracks. And this could happen in many modded tracks as few modders pay attention to that detail, so yes it is recommended to display only player pitcrew and this is how I set it in the preset PLAYER PLR in HQ Ann. patch.
How will it affect the power and Glory Mod, so you reccomend to use the HQ Tracks for long distance races?

default tracks will work as usual but you will will probably see a bit more dnf than with hq with fix. You can easily edit championship GDB file with notepad to replace default tracks by hq name version if you want.

default tracks will work as usual but you will will probably see a bit more dnf than with hq with fix. You can easily edit championship GDB file with notepad to replace default tracks by hq name version if you want.
thnx i love you work. luckylie i use the championship editor for that. thnx for your good modding effort and for keeping the game alive

OK, stupid question number 4237. What have I done to have the peddles combined?
I tried using the g927 wheel interface listed in the GTR2 setup app, switched over to the generic one, still have combined peddles. I checked in Ghub to make sure they are separated there, they are. I looked in the PLR file and found the peddle control section and fiddled with that, could only make the brake non-functional. Didn't find a setting to separate them anywhere in the PLR file.
All my other sims have the peddles separate, I'm sure it's something simple that I'm just not seeing. I've been happily running the HQ mod for several years now, and this is the first time this has happened
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Gregoryleo

I probably have 100gig of GTR2 stuff - cars, mods, tracks, sounds, etc. - dating back to the last days of RSC, but am loathe to upload anything because of that old bugaboo, permissions. I do not claim authorship of any of this (beyond some sounds and skins, and a few tweaked physics) but can guarantee if I upload a mod or a track someone is bound to scream "Did you get permission!?" This would not be an issue except I daresay that in the majority of cases these mods, if they ever included contact information, that information is outdated (I have old files out there with Compuserve addresses, lol).

So most likely everything from nog rip is still around, just in the hands of people like me. It would be nice to have a single repository where we could make it all available again.

(Whether Nogrip vanished "for good" is unknown. The original founder sold it to a Hungarian holding company, whose business was apparently buying popular sites and flooding them with marketing to generate revenue. After several years Nogrip must not have been profitable enough so they pulled the plug on it; whether it still exists, buried on a drive, or whether it was deleted is not known. The sad part is its internet valuation around the time it disappeared was a mere $16k; on another forum several people expressed interest in buying it just to archive the forums and libraries, but emails to the holding company elicited no response ...either they are not interested in selling it or it no longer exists.)
The site does still exist! The domain’s for sale atm

Hello, i have a question abour wiper animations. The animation itself has very low frame rate when the game running in stable over 60 fps, is there any way to correct it? +they are working only in internal views(is this how it supposed to be?)

Hello, i have a question abour wiper animations. The animation itself has very low frame rate when the game running in stable over 60 fps, is there any way to correct it? +they are working only in internal views(is this how it supposed to be?)
In 15.9 yes the animation is not smooth because it is set at 15FPS (whatever the number of FPS in game) because it was my first hack attempt. Next week-end I will release v16.0 for the 16th Anniversary : I have totally reworked the animation with 26FPS (human eyes needs 24FPS minimum to see smooth animation - this is the standard fps for cinema and blu-ray) and to get 26FPS I had to make 480 DDS pics (1Gb !!!) with Gimp for CrewChief (increasing wiper anim to 60FPS is not good because it would require 1000 DDS images and 2Gb so it will not help low PC to render animation correctly).
Wiper animation in GTR2 requires a powerful PC : nvidia RTX graphic cards is recommended for good experience, any older graphic card will give poorer animation at full AI grid so my advice is to reduce AI opponents (in my case it is good till 20 AI cars with my old pc specs).
The best test to see if your pc is powerful enough is to run time trial alone on the track (no AI) as this is the situation where wiper animation will be at its best.
If you have CrewChief plugin then you can set specific CrewChief wiper anim with 2 speed available via dedicated button as in real life.
So wait for v16.0 next week-end to tell me if it is better or not for you, anyway you can deactivate wiper animation via GTR2_SETUP.CMD

What is your CPU / GPU ?

And yes wiper animation is inside cockpit only.

I have nvidia rtx 2060, intel core i5-4690 3,5Ghz and 20 gb ram. Btw you can consider making even higher frame rate animation for better pc's in separate folder so people with high end rigs would get better animation, and the rest will stick with default ones.

Last edited:
The problem is not so much the distribution or low powered hardware vs recent hardware. The biggest problem is someone has to create that 60/90/144 or whatever framerate wipers. If I am not mistaken, GTR233 did those wipers by hand (and that's huge amount of work. Not only that - he mapped those images to all stock and P&G cars, another big piece of work) but if anyone has skill to create higher framerate images by using some automated way - that would be awesome. The good thing is if proportions are preserved, it will be 30 seconds per car to migrate to higher framerate images.

CC plugin itself supports any number of frames, and if plugin is configured correctly (to enable memory usage optimizations), wipers will have 0% performance/memory impact on recent hardware.

Last edited:
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update. I am trying to test updated wiper textures, and CCM_DWIPER_STOP fails to load on M3. It looks for gtr233_wiper_vd0d.dds texture, and it seems to be missing. I copied the one from the prev drop and now car loads. I am stilll investigating though, maybe some mistake here on my end, but it is fairly basic - just extract 3part archive, hmmm.
Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update. I am trying to test updated wiper textures, and CCM_DWIPER_STOP fails to load on M3. It looks for gtr233_wiper_vd0d.dds texture, and it seems to be missing. I copied the one from the prev drop and now car loads. I am stilll investigating though, maybe some mistake here on my end, but it is fairly basic - just extract 3part archive, hmmm.
Cheers!
yep all the xxx0D.dds are missing :whistling:
They were present in beta I sent you last month...Thanks for feedback ;)

So here is HOTFIX :

Last edited:
FFS Ricky ! GTR2.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back