GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1

Misc GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1 16.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thank you for the latest update. I feel something of a troglodyte in writing this but I cannot get the three file parts to open. I have the current 7 Zip but it will not open these files! I have successfully installed all the previous versions of this mod but opening these part files has me stumped! Could you provide a little guidance for my ignorance? :)

Thank you for the latest update. I feel something of a troglodyte in writing this but I cannot get the three file parts to open. I have the current 7 Zip but it will not open these files! I have successfully installed all the previous versions of this mod but opening these part files has me stumped! Could you provide a little guidance for my ignorance? :)
Yes I use solid split archive now : you need first to download the 3 parts, they must be altogether at same path on your pc then double click on first 7z.001 file, if 7zip is installed then 7z gui will open it as normal archive so you can extract where you want.
Or right mouse click on 001 file then move mouse cursor on your GTR2 install then release right mouse button and left click in appeared menu on 7-zip then Extract here.

• updated 4k skies with my new dynamic clouds feature
  • added my new Dynamic Clouds feature with fantastic AC SOL clouds textures by Peter Boese (thanks for kind permission)
This sounds so cool! And those AC textures must be beautiful. @GTR233 would you be willing to explain a little more about what this new "dynamic clouds" feature is and how it works?

• updated 4k skies with my new dynamic clouds feature
  • added my new Dynamic Clouds feature with fantastic AC SOL clouds textures by Peter Boese (thanks for kind permission)
This sounds so cool! And those AC textures must be beautiful. @GTR233 would you be willing to explain a little more about what this new "dynamic clouds" feature is and how it works?
the best is to try by yourself as this is something to watch to understand what it is. Run GTR2_SETUP and at skies page set 4k skies with dynamic clouds, exit setup and run gtr2 with an open wheel or convertible, make a race of 20 laps with accelerate time x60, the best is to let AI drive your car while you watch the sky :)
This is a set of 1 or 2 clouds layers (different for each region) over the main sky, clouds density is updated around every lap, they are not moving because it would require too many frames for the GTR2 4Gb RAM limit.

Attachments

• GRAB_000.jpg
    GRAB_000.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 70
  • GRAB_001.jpg
    GRAB_001.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 68
  • GRAB_002.jpg
    GRAB_002.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 74
  • GRAB_003.jpg
    GRAB_003.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Follow-up on the 3 star review I posted on the part 1. The problem I have doesn't come from HQ Anniversairy mod itself. Nor the FFB enhancement settings. It works fine on the vanilla game, but as soon as I want to try better phisycs mods the problem occurs. Has anyone got any idea on how to fix this ? Maybe I can try updated physics mod and without the better ffb in PLR file ?

Follow-up on the 3 star review I posted on the part 1. The problem I have doesn't come from HQ Anniversairy mod itself. Nor the FFB enhancement settings. It works fine on the vanilla game, but as soon as I want to try better phisycs mods the problem occurs. Has anyone got any idea on how to fix this ? Maybe I can try updated physics mod and without the better ffb in PLR file ?
Hi, no I do not think it comes from plr but HDC : to make a test
- open with notepad gamedata\teams\24h\bmw m3gtr teams\hqm3gtr.hdc
go to line 166 (just under [CONTROLS] Line)
replace
SteeringFFBMult=1.1
by
SteeringFFBMult=1.0 (you can even try lower like 0.95)
save and make a test with hq m3gtr
if it works then I will upload a 16.0.10 hotfix tonight ;)

Hi, no I do not think it comes from plr but HDC : to make a test
- open with notepad gamedata\teams\24h\bmw m3gtr teams\hqm3gtr.hdc
go to line 166 (just under [CONTROLS] Line)
replace
SteeringFFBMult=1.1
by
SteeringFFBMult=1.0 (you can even try lower like 0.95)
save and make a test with hq m3gtr
if it works then I will upload a 16.0.10 hotfix tonight ;)
Hi, I have not tested with HQ but yes so far it works. So far I have the vanilla game with these physics : https://esport-racing.de/sdm_downloads/more-realistic-patch-for-gtr2/
The SHO Modding FFB for CSW 2.5 and SteeringFFBMult=1.0 for every car.
I will try now with HQ mod and see what happens

My wheel is old and ffb is weak so this is the reason why I increased ffb strength...but yes with new direct wheels it is certainly too much :D

Yes there are different physics to satisfy most people :
- Vanilla and SHO are really close, SHO version has better AI
- NAPmod was famous in leagues back in time, close to vanilla but tiny adjustments which makes it better
- Reborn was famous at nogrip, road feel is interesting
- AFSC is based on my previous HQ 2020 physics (I spent 6 months to make the tyres with more than 5000 laps at Barcelona) then AndreasFSC added his tiny tweaks from his Race07 mods (it is better than my original version that is why I removed hq 2019/2020 physics)
- HQ 2022 is my very last version (after 7 years of evolution) with a mix of the tweaks I like from NAPmod/Reborn/SHO/AFSC/PnG3 : main issue with all physics mods available is that you cannot drift because you loose control and always spin to finish in wall, this is the main goal of my hq 2022 physics as you can recover your car when it starts too spin, you feel the rear moving before starting to spin.

So I will release hotfix 16.0.10 in few minutes with ffb fix :)
edit: it is fixed here in hotfix #10

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1053025

Hi, I've DLd the 3 parts of HQ aniversary patch 16 but part 2 and 3 seem to be corrupted, 7-zip says they can't be opened.. I have the latest 7-Zip (v22) installed. Any other ideas why they are not recognized? Part 1 opens and extracts fine.
Regards, TinMan

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I've DLd the 3 parts of HQ aniversary patch 16 but part 2 and 3 seem to be corrupted, 7-zip says they can't be opened.. I have the latest 7-Zip (v22) installed. Any other ideas why they are not recognized? Part 1 opens and extracts fine.
Regards, TinMan
Hello, it's because you don't need to open part 2 and 3 as far as I'm aware of.
Part one recongizes 2 and 3 and they're all together, in the part 1 zip folder.

I have another question, regarding engines this time. I have mainly tried 550 BMS Prodrive and Saleen S7-R so far, and it seems that they produce less power than the original engines, which value did you change ? It sounds like they get less revs. I would like to reproduce your HQ engines with another physics mod. For personal use only ofc.

Last edited:
My wheel is old and ffb is weak so this is the reason why I increased ffb strength...but yes with new direct wheels it is certainly too much :D

Yes there are different physics to satisfy most people :
- Vanilla and SHO are really close, SHO version has better AI
- NAPmod was famous in leagues back in time, close to vanilla but tiny adjustments which makes it better
- Reborn was famous at nogrip, road feel is interesting
- AFSC is based on my previous HQ 2020 physics (I spent 6 months to make the tyres with more than 5000 laps at Barcelona) then AndreasFSC added his tiny tweaks from his Race07 mods (it is better than my original version that is why I removed hq 2019/2020 physics)
- HQ 2022 is my very last version (after 7 years of evolution) with a mix of the tweaks I like from NAPmod/Reborn/SHO/AFSC/PnG3 : main issue with all physics mods available is that you cannot drift because you loose control and always spin to finish in wall, this is the main goal of my hq 2022 physics as you can recover your car when it starts too spin, you feel the rear moving before starting to spin.

So I will release hotfix 16.0.10 in few minutes with ffb fix :)
edit: it is fixed here in hotfix #10
Speaking of various physics mods, have you taken a look at this one?
I'm admittedly by default quite skeptical of anyone who comes out of nowhere and makes bold claims like this modder did. But reading the README, they clearly put in lots of data and hard work. @GTR233 do you have any thoughts on this mod and how it compares to those included in your Patch?

Last edited:
I'm admittedly by default quite skeptical of anyone who comes out of nowhere and makes bold claims like this modder did. But reading the README, they clearly put in lots of data and hard work. @GTR233 do you have any thoughts on this mod and how it compares to those included in your Patch?
+1 - Would like to have this integrated into HQ as an option, but of course, not for me to decide :)

Speaking of physics, checkout my project Discord MJQT, you might be suprised what me and @Shovas are brewing ;)

actually very interesting. I will try them. It sounds promising for sure

I'm admittedly by default quite skeptical of anyone who comes out of nowhere and makes bold claims like this modder did. But reading the README, they clearly put in lots of data and hard work.

I tried out that mod and was very impressed. If the claims are true while it's realistic it's quite a bit less user friendly but might be worth it for those who really want the real deal.

The obvious example is how much less grip it feels like you have on the backend. You end up having to man-handle your car quite a bit more. Which actually makes a whole lot of sense on cars of these types. They're not tame kittens. I think most people agree GTR2 is more sticky on the rears than it should be.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1053025

Hello, it's because you don't need to open part 2 and 3 as far as I'm aware of.
Part one recongizes 2 and 3 and they're all together, in the part 1 zip folder.
Yes, that was it. I guess I extracted and overwrote the files about 10 times before. Oh well...
Thank you!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Forum trophies